Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Jul 2011, 22:25 (Ref:2925332)   #101
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You're a very charismatic chap too deeks. Every other stuck record anyone's ever owned has been far less appealing.
Old 11 Jul 2011, 22:41 (Ref:2925337)   #102
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there was a British 1 2 (and 3) during the course of the weekend. admittedly it was in the GP3
Old 11 Jul 2011, 22:47 (Ref:2925339)   #103
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's great to see so many British drivers in GP3.
Old 12 Jul 2011, 04:36 (Ref:2925378)   #104
Louis Agilais
Racer

Louis Agilais is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Another post where someone (you) could be accused of making a sweeping statement towards a nation's nationals (England in this case).
I'm not sure what you mean, Mr. Adam43

to put in context, I'll paste my entire post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Agilais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
Seb's comment about Leigh flashing him was funny. I don't know how else to put this, and i don't mean offence by this, but from an English point of view, and our perception of German's, he seem's so "un-German like"
Maybe because a nation (England in this case) shouldn't have a point of view about the nationals of other nation (Germans in this case). It's called a prejudgement (or prejudice if you prefer) and leads inevitably to misjudgements/misperceptions (to your confusion, in this case).
See? I'm just referring to Mr. V's "English point of view"
Old 12 Jul 2011, 06:01 (Ref:2925383)   #105
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Agilais View Post
Maybe because a nation (England in this case) shouldn't have a point of view about the nationals of other nation (Germans in this case). It's called a prejudgement (or prejudice if you prefer) and leads inevitably to misjudgements/misperceptions (to your confusion, in this case).
Like it or not, every nation has a perception of other nations. Some are good, some not so.
Old 12 Jul 2011, 06:38 (Ref:2925387)   #106
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
It's a stereotype rather than a perception, I'd say. Coming from the days before mass travel, when we didn't know much about our European neighbours. If you think Germans are humourless, you probably think French people ride round on bicycles with a string of onions round their neck going hee-haw hee-haw.
Old 12 Jul 2011, 08:53 (Ref:2925427)   #107
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
It's a stereotype rather than a perception, I'd say. Coming from the days before mass travel, when we didn't know much about our European neighbours. If you think Germans are humourless, you probably think French people ride round on bicycles with a string of onions round their neck going hee-haw hee-haw.
Also the carry over of a great myth for the war propaganda machine to perpetrate while encouraging young men to go to war and kill foreigners.
Old 12 Jul 2011, 09:01 (Ref:2925432)   #108
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!

A typical Frenchman invading England, today! Sacrez Bleu!
Old 12 Jul 2011, 09:07 (Ref:2925438)   #109
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
OK so the poor ride bicycles, and the rich drive VW Golfs.

Or is he just riding the bike because he can't find someone who can read the German service manual for his car!
Old 12 Jul 2011, 09:41 (Ref:2925459)   #110
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Or is he just riding the bike because he can't find someone who can read the German service manual for his car!
No, that's not his car. We had previously been invaded by this man the day before.

Old 12 Jul 2011, 10:32 (Ref:2925491)   #111
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I will never be invaded by any man wearing leather shorts.
Old 12 Jul 2011, 12:51 (Ref:2925553)   #112
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post

Personally I'd stop that sentence at "any man." the leather shorts are not the problem!
Old 12 Jul 2011, 12:55 (Ref:2925556)   #113
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Personally I'd stop that sentence at "any man." the leather shorts are not the problem!
That was what i was thinking when i read Garc's post!
Old 12 Jul 2011, 13:26 (Ref:2925567)   #114
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
They may not be the problem, but they do make it worse.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 12 Jul 2011, 14:18 (Ref:2925592)   #115
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Wasn't that sentence used in one of Churchill's great speeches ?

*waits for inevitable reply*
Old 12 Jul 2011, 16:03 (Ref:2925648)   #116
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Wasn't that sentence used in one of Churchill's great speeches ?

*waits for inevitable reply*
But tomorrow I will be sober, wheras you will still be wearing leather shorts?
I don't remember that one...
Old 12 Jul 2011, 16:16 (Ref:2925656)   #117
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Old 12 Jul 2011, 16:18 (Ref:2925658)   #118
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd like to apologise for the unfortunate direction this thread has taken...

(P.S. Good point wnut. The leather shorts just make it weirder.)
Old 12 Jul 2011, 16:27 (Ref:2925664)   #119
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
I'd like to apologise for the unfortunate direction this thread has taken...
Well, we're gonna have to wait a while longer for another British 1 2.
Old 12 Jul 2011, 18:26 (Ref:2925714)   #120
Louis Agilais
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Maybe you're thinking about:

"But tomorrow I will be sober, wheras you still gonna wake up ugly."

The legend says it was told to a woman that accused him of being drunk during a party.

Exactly, they are stereotypes, and therefore unfair, and inevitably leading to dumbfoundedness whenever someone shows up that contradicts them
Old 12 Jul 2011, 19:16 (Ref:2925729)   #121
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean, Mr. Adam43
It's Dr Adam43 BTW.
Quote:
See? I'm just referring to Mr. V's "English point of view"
Which is exactly what I am referring to!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post

The legend says it was told to a woman that accused him of being drunk during a party.
Oh, VIVA GT, how could you get it so wrong!
Quote:
Exactly, they are stereotypes, and therefore unfair, and inevitably leading to dumbfoundedness whenever someone shows up that contradicts them
And some people can refer to them without believing in them!
Old 12 Jul 2011, 20:17 (Ref:2925760)   #122
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Not a legend but a well documented quote. Bessie Braddock said to Winston Churchill "Winston, you're drunk." to which Winston replied "Bessie, you're ugly but tomorrow I shall be sober."
Old 12 Jul 2011, 21:40 (Ref:2925796)   #123
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Ah, the battle lines are drawn! Just a warning to you French and Germans, dont take on the English unless you are prepared to be drowned in curry. Now repeat after me "Lewis Hamilton is God"
Old 13 Jul 2011, 07:20 (Ref:2925879)   #124
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It's Dr Adam43 BTW.Which is exactly what I am referring to!

Oh, VIVA GT, how could you get it so wrong! And some people can refer to them without believing in them!
Thank's Adam (at least you could see through me...)
Old 13 Jul 2011, 10:05 (Ref:2925935)   #125
Louis Agilais
Racer

just trying to contribute. thanks for the warming feeling you never forget to show every time I return. I'll stay away, no need for worries or penaltys

Last edited by Louis Agilais; 13 Jul 2011 at 10:12.