Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 May 2020, 10:03 (Ref:3977481)   #176
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Indeed so, but it never looked better than in the Charge/Renown livery.... (and it looked better with a roof!).
Although i am always a fan of open cars i must admit the car did look better with a roof
Old 21 May 2020, 10:47 (Ref:3977489)   #177
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The open top cars were good back in the day. However I think the closed cars have definitely been better to look at, especially in this era of sportscars
Old 21 May 2020, 12:16 (Ref:3977507)   #178
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Risi just put out the driver lineup for the race and its about the best you can get for non factory drivers: Pla, Bourdais, and Gounon. Should be interesting to see how they can do.

https://www.facebook.com/RisiCompeti...type=3&theater
Old 21 May 2020, 12:35 (Ref:3977517)   #179
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's easier for Risi to make up the overseas trip than for the others, considering they ultimately seem to be doing only 2 other events every year...
Old 21 May 2020, 12:53 (Ref:3977523)   #180
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
It's easier for Risi to make up the overseas trip than for the others, considering they ultimately seem to be doing only 2 other events every year...
They do four events every year. D24h, S12h, LM24h and PLM.
Old 21 May 2020, 13:14 (Ref:3977525)   #181
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
They do four events every year. D24h, S12h, LM24h and PLM.
No they don't, Sebring only occassionally when it suits em
Old 2 Jun 2020, 16:10 (Ref:3979851)   #182
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GEAR Racing moving up from GTE-AM to GTE-Pro, due to a lack of bronze drivers.
Unusual reason, and something I hadn't considered would be a possibility.

It'll be interesting to see who they get alonside Christina Nielsen, but it will be an all-female lineup (not sure if that's news, but I hadn't seen it mentioned before).

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ry-to-gte-pro/

It's been a while since an Am car had to move up to Pro, I think the last time was when an Am American driver (maybe Bret Curtis?) injured himself in practice and the team couldn't get another Am in time.
Old 3 Jun 2020, 09:33 (Ref:3979937)   #183
Deleted
Veteran

If these teams are having issues in securing pay drivers 3 months before the race, as well as not having not yet solved who's running the actual cars, then I think numerous pro-am teams are still to fall by the wayside in summer months
Old 9 Jun 2020, 09:00 (Ref:3980943)   #184
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some actual (not virtual) new entry news that isn't a team pulling out: http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...d-le-mans.html
Old 11 Jun 2020, 11:42 (Ref:3981328)   #185
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If these teams are having issues in securing pay drivers 3 months before the race, as well as not having not yet solved who's running the actual cars, then I think numerous pro-am teams are still to fall by the wayside in summer months
Hopefully, this opens a discussion if we even need an Am class in the first place.

Personally, I'd much rather see it return to being the same class, and to have a Touring-car style "Independents' Trophy", which can still have its own podium at the end of the race, but nevertheless isn't actually its own class.

I'd even get rid of the driver rankings in P2. I think to make it a 'junior' class, each team should run one U23 driver or a paying amateur (no ranking), perhaps also competing for the Independents' Trophy.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 12:27 (Ref:3981333)   #186
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Personally, I'd much rather see it return to being the same class, and to have a Touring-car style "Independents' Trophy", which can still have its own podium at the end of the race, but nevertheless isn't actually its own class.
On the face of it, if the only thing that would practically change is the lack of the GTE-Am class name, and everything else remains the same (same drivers and teams in the same cars, going for the same Am podium), I'd wonder what the point of changing it would be.

However, it seems right now like the GTE-Pro class could do with being propped up.
So, yeah, what would the negatives be (if any), in combining the GTE classes and doing an overall class podium, and a separate trophy for top Am/s?
Old 11 Jun 2020, 13:40 (Ref:3981350)   #187
Deleted
Veteran

The last time there was unified GT2 class, there were more factory cars entered than now, yet privateers were perfectly fine without any hollow separate sub trophies or podiums. I don't remember the likes of JMW Motorsports crying about qualifying in 14th place in the class when most of the cars ahead were factory or semi-factory

Heck even the dreaded Grand-Am Rolex GT class at Daytona had 30-34 cars in the final years yet no sub awards were handed by Santa

Last edited by Deleted; 11 Jun 2020 at 13:49.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 20:35 (Ref:3982100)   #188
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The last time there was unified GT2 class, there were more factory cars entered than now, yet privateers were perfectly fine without any hollow separate sub trophies or podiums. I don't remember the likes of JMW Motorsports crying about qualifying in 14th place in the class when most of the cars ahead were factory or semi-factory

Heck even the dreaded Grand-Am Rolex GT class at Daytona had 30-34 cars in the final years yet no sub awards were handed by Santa
They ONLY had those numbers at Daytona and the cars were orders of magnitude cheaper and rarely finished. So you'd rather have 30 cars built in a shed without tuning and just turning laps being in the way? Yup, that sounds like top level racing to me.
Old 18 Jun 2020, 09:59 (Ref:3982583)   #189
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's an updated version of the entry list.

https://assets.lemans.org/explorer/p...-mans-2020.pdf

Not much in the way of new driver info but the reserve list is now down to four cars.
Old 18 Jun 2020, 10:07 (Ref:3982584)   #190
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm happy to see Magnussen, and unhappy not to see the C8 Corvettes.
However I cannot put aside my feelig, that the finincial reasons for the absence are just pretext....the car is simply not competitiv. Like the M8GTE.
Old 18 Jun 2020, 10:37 (Ref:3982590)   #191
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Some how i suspect that the reserve grid will be needed and i think a full 62 cars ill be very unlikely.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 09:18 (Ref:3985476)   #192
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
E-I saying that Dragonspeed's second car is now in the race. So that's six reserves in. However we don't yet know which team has pulled their entry...

https://www.endurance-info.com/fr/le...-selectionnee/
Old 4 Jul 2020, 11:03 (Ref:3985493)   #193
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
E-I saying that Dragonspeed's second car is now in the race. So that's six reserves in. However we don't yet know which team has pulled their entry...

Interesting.

There is a priceless bit of mistranslation in that article -

"The trio will roll in Michelin gums."

What, they've switched from Haribo?!!
Old 4 Jul 2020, 11:07 (Ref:3985495)   #194
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
They might have been on wine gums, much better than haribo IMHO
Old 4 Jul 2020, 16:24 (Ref:3985596)   #195
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's an automatic Google's translation. But once I translated gommes into gums instead of rubbers.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 17:33 (Ref:3985629)   #196
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

I do hope it’s a Ferrari GTE Am less.... still an armada of them.....
Old 7 Jul 2020, 10:17 (Ref:3986447)   #197
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Augusto Farfus and Ross Gunn in the Dalla Lana #98 Aston for Spa and LM

https://media.astonmartin.com/aston-...le-mans-entry/
Old 7 Jul 2020, 19:13 (Ref:3986590)   #198
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Some more cool entry news. Bruno Spengler makes his Le Mans debut with ByKolles:

https://www.bykolles.com/news/191-by...r-le-mans.html
Old 7 Jul 2020, 19:37 (Ref:3986593)   #199
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That’s great, hope Bruno can adapt to it well
Old 7 Jul 2020, 20:22 (Ref:3986601)   #200
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
I just hope the CLM survives long enough for Spengler to race it.