Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jan 2020, 20:22 (Ref:3949451)   #251
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Try it with a Go-kart and may be you'll ove it!
I do on the F1 game . Entry not great but the exit clipping the inside curb on the left is nice.

I wonder if Super Karts have been round there. Epic.
Old 2 Jan 2020, 05:45 (Ref:3949476)   #252
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Back on topic please.

Gerard, I'm working thorough the year backwards, so that the last meetings are at the bottom of the list, not the top. PA Le Castellet being in April means it will be posted in the next couple of days.....
Old 2 Jan 2020, 20:22 (Ref:3949549)   #253
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Much changed AMOC Calendar for 2020

Copied from Website.

GT Challenge, Aston Martin GT4 Challenge & Intermarque

May 30th - Brands Hatch - 45 mins tbc
June tbc Snetterton or Thruxton - tbc
​July 4th - Castle Combe -45 mins x 2 tbc
​October 3rd - AMOC Silverstone - 50 mins.

​​
Jack Fairman & Innes Ireland Cup

April 13th - Castle Combe - 30 mins
May 10th - Donington - 30 mins
August 8th - Silverstone - 30 mins
August 29th/31st - Oulton Park - 30 mins tbc
October 3rd - AMOC Silverstone - 30 mins tbc

​​Pre-War Team Challenge

August 8th -Silverstone - tbc
October 3rd - AMOC Silverstone - tbc

More dates are being sought for this grid.

​The October 3rd Silverstone date will be our traditional season finale, St. John Horsfall meeting.

Further dates may be added in the New Year.

2020 will be a transition year for our racing due to the handover from Duncan Wiltshire's team late in 2019.

We plan to return to a full AMOC organised race programme in 2021.
Old 3 Jan 2020, 05:56 (Ref:3949606)   #254
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks, had that by email on 23rd Dec.

The dates are on the calendar or on the list to go on the calendar.
Old 3 Jan 2020, 10:37 (Ref:3949655)   #255
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
OK, I think the calendar is about done. Thank goodness.

No offence to 750MC but I haven’t included their meetings, as I’m not sure the historic content is enough?
Old 3 Jan 2020, 11:04 (Ref:3949658)   #256
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Tanks to you again, it must be a hassle few can imagine I suppose.
Do you think we can put a warning in Le Castellet thread because the announced two days event could generate situations on the narrow roads leading to the circuit?
Old 3 Jan 2020, 11:13 (Ref:3949659)   #257
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Tanks to you again, it must be a hassle few can imagine I suppose.
Do you think we can put a warning in Le Castellet thread because the announced two days event could generate situations on the narrow roads leading to the circuit?
Gerard, I can’t see how it can be a 2 day event, especially with FJ supposed to be there as well! Hopefully the timetable will reveal the truth. Last year we received all of the years V1 issues in Jan.....
Old 3 Jan 2020, 11:38 (Ref:3949661)   #258
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes I was wondering about a typo or something like that. To add some confusion nothing about the FJs on the PA website but this is clear
http://formulajunior.com/event/fia-lurani-trophy/ with Le Castellet listed but out of the championship.
As to LMC, I think the first lists will be revealed mid January. And no, nothing to see with the strikes…
Old 3 Jan 2020, 15:58 (Ref:3949698)   #259
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike I think there's no mystery about all PA events dates. For instance, Spa is scheduled on three days. My bet is that those dates are for the public only, not the competitors. May be because of the insurance fees or something like that if I'm clear.

Last edited by Gerard C; 3 Jan 2020 at 16:10. Reason: Three instead of two.
Old 5 Jan 2020, 17:33 (Ref:3949918)   #260
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Looking at Mikes work, flipping eck, there are more historic race meetings than ever. Where will it all end.
Old 5 Jan 2020, 18:16 (Ref:3949923)   #261
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Golden Goose is in mortal danger.....
Old 8 Jan 2020, 12:14 (Ref:3950380)   #262
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Golden Goose? all that's left is a mangey spatchcock for mere mortals.

Too many options, all expensive and none of them really ticking all the boxes.

I'm trying to get enthused, but frankly struggling.

have just been invited to gig at a festival in France in June. . . .getting paid to have just as much fun. . .
Old 8 Jan 2020, 12:52 (Ref:3950386)   #263
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Looking at Mikes work, flipping eck, there are more historic race meetings than ever. Where will it all end.
There needs to be a serious scheduling discussion so that 2021 is more sensibly spread. But will that happen?
Old 8 Jan 2020, 14:35 (Ref:3950420)   #264
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not a chance.

I confess that whilst I'll get a licence and keep one of my cars I'm only likely to enter some short sprint races. As Zef points out the big ones are moving so far from the normal club racer now it has become quite stressful just turning up let alone racing.
Old 8 Jan 2020, 14:43 (Ref:3950423)   #265
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Not a chance.

I confess that whilst I'll get a licence and keep one of my cars I'm only likely to enter some short sprint races. As Zef points out the big ones are moving so far from the normal club racer now it has become quite stressful just turning up let alone racing.
Big shame, who wants too much stress when this sort of racing's supposed to be for fun...

I guess where there's lots of money and ego, interests are well and truly vested!
Old 8 Jan 2020, 14:49 (Ref:3950427)   #266
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bingo.
Old 8 Jan 2020, 18:48 (Ref:3950466)   #267
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Not a chance.

this exactly, I'm more than well aware of what I need to do and whats involved, and more than happy to do it . . . . its negating everything and everyone else thats the hassle . . . . a 4 day weekend for one race that could be a day trip or maybe a single night away. Its ok if its a big one, with trimmings, but trying to turn a club meeting into the queens birthday party doesn't wash.

Sods law says the things that do look good clash with other stuff, thats just life!
Old 11 Jan 2020, 12:11 (Ref:3950997)   #268
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
I see that the “2 Tours d’Horloge” 24 hour event for 70s and 80s cars is listed on the Le Castellet calendar. That’s a very appealing trip, but before I go mad and start booking flights, I’d love to hear some insider views on likely grid size and the type on cars likely to take part. Merci!
Old 13 Jan 2020, 13:20 (Ref:3951334)   #269
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
All PA events time tables available now. Provisional. For instance Le Castellet as Mike wisely said will start, for competitors, on 2nd April at 12. Sixties Q will be on Friday at 6/35 PM… Good night!
Old 13 Jan 2020, 14:27 (Ref:3951354)   #270
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
All PA events time tables available now. Provisional. For instance Le Castellet as Mike wisely said will start, for competitors, on 2nd April at 12. Sixties Q will be on Friday at 6/35 PM… Good night!
I’ve moved the post you put on the Jarama race thread by mistake to the Estoril PA one.......

Should have gone to Specsavers!
Old 13 Jan 2020, 17:47 (Ref:3951376)   #271
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Many apologies and thank you! May be this can be explained because I love both tracks…
Old 13 Jan 2020, 22:21 (Ref:3951426)   #272
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Mallory test March 12 th All booked .
Old 23 Jan 2020, 19:02 (Ref:3952994)   #273
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
YTCC club will join the french HVM meeting of Charade, France (near Clermont Ferrand), 19/21 June, 1 Q plus 3 races of 30 minutes each, 695 € entry fee for members. If you feel Misano is too far you can have a look to other grids by HVM Racing.
Old 24 Jan 2020, 07:41 (Ref:3953068)   #274
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Someone asked somewhere about a new Equipe 50s series. This from Autosport yesterday....
Attached Thumbnails
C33C9195-50F8-436B-8216-DA8CC215A276.png  
Old 24 Jan 2020, 08:34 (Ref:3953073)   #275
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Someone asked somewhere about a new Equipe 50s series. This from Autosport yesterday....
Mike, there was a press release on the subject a few days ago. If you haven't already got them I can give you the dates.
Closed Thread