Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 May 2021, 15:11 (Ref:4049424)   #1226
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I had reconciled myself to missing these few weekends of motorsport, for the reasons described by other posters and because in the end it's not a major sacrifice.

Having spent today battling through hordes at London Zoo, I am once again feeling very grumpy that I wasn't allowed to be at Brands Hatch on Saturday. Massive crowding, no attempt at social distancing, zero staff marshalling crowds, a one-way system disrupted by random closures and thus causing pinch points. The idea that THIS is allowed while attending any grassroots sport is banned, is just absurd.
Wot 'e said !
Old 3 May 2021, 15:43 (Ref:4049427)   #1227
saaben
Rookie

saaben should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's annoying is the government said we could go to watch club meetings then did a U turn.

I wasn't allowed to go to Cadwell Apr 24th, or to Mallory May 1st. BUT I could have joined 5,000 others with no masks at a rave in Liverpool or sat shoulder to shoulder, knees in someones back at the Crucible to watch snooker. I think the Crucible is the smallest venue to hold big matches.

I mean, lets face it, there's not much space at Cadwell is there ?
Old 3 May 2021, 17:07 (Ref:4049452)   #1228
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
slightly inaccurate to include the rave cause that had pre and post testing requirements to test how that kind of thing would work in practice.

but yeah, definitely uncomfortable thinking how the circuits are still told to close but stores are allowed to open with in reality very little social distancing.

slightly unrelated (but it’s probably covid’s fault), but brands for one are now charging for sauces with your unidentified fried lunch products so make sure you’ve got some of your favourite in your van or lorry brew kit!
Old 3 May 2021, 17:11 (Ref:4049456)   #1229
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Once again this government’s logic seems to be the complete opposite of other people’s
Old 3 May 2021, 17:42 (Ref:4049467)   #1230
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
slightly unrelated (but it’s probably covid’s fault), but brands for one are now charging for sauces with your unidentified fried lunch products so make sure you’ve got some of your favourite in your van or lorry brew kit!
Covid's fault, obviously!
Old 3 May 2021, 17:47 (Ref:4049468)   #1231
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Covid's fault, obviously!
Nah it's Brexit

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 3 May 2021, 17:48 (Ref:4049469)   #1232
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by saaben View Post
What's annoying is the government said we could go to watch club meetings then did a U turn.

I wasn't allowed to go to Cadwell Apr 24th, or to Mallory May 1st. BUT I could have joined 5,000 others with no masks at a rave in Liverpool or sat shoulder to shoulder, knees in someones back at the Crucible to watch snooker. I think the Crucible is the smallest venue to hold big matches.

I mean, lets face it, there's not much space at Cadwell is there ?
Very unfair comment as the "rave" was a strictly controlled affair with ongoing testing as an experiment. The results of this will guide advice going forwards. Same with the snooker and the FA Cup matches.

Old 3 May 2021, 18:19 (Ref:4049477)   #1233
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Nah it's Brexit
Old 3 May 2021, 18:30 (Ref:4049483)   #1234
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Very unfair comment as the "rave" was a strictly controlled affair with ongoing testing as an experiment. The results of this will guide advice going forwards. Same with the snooker and the FA Cup matches.

Yeah - for the Liverpool event had to produce a negative test to gain admission, submit test and trace info, and attendees will be retested later this week - as said as a controlled test - and of course 90% of attendees will have been of an age with very low risk of hospitalisation even if infected. Conversely of course probably few had been vaccinated.

Trying to work out whether we'll be allowed spectators for our next event at Donington on 30 May.......
Old 3 May 2021, 19:18 (Ref:4049492)   #1235
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
The good Doctor has to pay for his new Resort Complex somehow ...

But more likely it may be a Government anti-obesity campaign requirement.

Next up? Personal CO2 output measurements with quotas applied.

Anything above whatever the Govt. decides is "normal" will attract a use tax.

"Elite" athletes watch out.

Pensioners may be allowed to sell any excess and unrequired breathing rights allowances to younger people as a means of redistributing wealth. A bit like Tesla selling credits to other parts of the motor industry.
Old 4 May 2021, 07:39 (Ref:4049548)   #1236
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
The good Doctor has to pay for his new Resort Complex somehow ...

But more likely it may be a Government anti-obesity campaign requirement.

Next up? Personal CO2 output measurements with quotas applied.

Anything above whatever the Govt. decides is "normal" will attract a use tax.

"Elite" athletes watch out.

Pensioners may be allowed to sell any excess and unrequired breathing rights allowances to younger people as a means of redistributing wealth. A bit like Tesla selling credits to other parts of the motor industry.
Has JP bought a resort now?
Old 4 May 2021, 09:14 (Ref:4049562)   #1237
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Priest House at Castle Donington.
Old 4 May 2021, 11:21 (Ref:4049586)   #1238
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Seems PA at Dijon is on and notice that most are races are considered to qualify for ‘Elite’ drivers and presumably there dads and grandads!
The Brits will be allowed to go legally!
Old 4 May 2021, 11:44 (Ref:4049594)   #1239
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes allowed and legally. Not obliged… As to the Elite thing it seems to be the case for many meetings now.
Old 4 May 2021, 12:11 (Ref:4049599)   #1240
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Donington Hall - I understand the PH to be a separate sale according to Andy97.
Old 4 May 2021, 12:24 (Ref:4049603)   #1241
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Don’t think he has bought the Priest House but has bought Donington Hall and intends to turn that into an exclusive hotel and “motor house” (to store and prepare high end cars) including a private drive up to Donington Park on a reinstated internal road over (a presumably rebuilt) Starkey’s Bridge.

The Priest House is to be operated by Legacy Hotels but no idea if they have bought it or operating it as a going concern on behalf of the administrators of the Norton Motorbikes debacle.
https://www.legacy-hotels.co.uk/hote...stle-donington
Old 4 May 2021, 12:26 (Ref:4049604)   #1242
Will Nuthall
Racer

Will Nuthall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes allowed and legally. Not obliged… As to the Elite thing it seems to be the case for many meetings now.
In France there appears to be the "Olympic status" however how this translates over to the UK in allowing competitors to be classes as Elite I am not sure John? Do Motorsport UK count that as on the International calendar?

Gerard would you advise us not even to be thinking about coming over? Or people to be travelling to Dijon from other EU countries?
Old 4 May 2021, 12:29 (Ref:4049606)   #1243
Will Nuthall
Racer

Will Nuthall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Nuthall View Post
In France there appears to be the "Olympic status" however how this translates over to the UK in allowing competitors to be classes as Elite I am not sure John? Do Motorsport UK count that as on the International calendar?

Gerard would you advise us not even to be thinking about coming over? Or people to be travelling to Dijon from other EU countries?
Just seen Masters post that Paul Ricard is classed as Elite. I would thought Dijon may therefore be the same. (or they will have applied for same process)
Old 4 May 2021, 13:28 (Ref:4049621)   #1244
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Good question Will… I dont encourage anyone to travel abroad till things are not made clear. We have only 6.9 M people having had two jabs, 2.2 being over 80. Not the kind of driver you expect to meet on any tack…
From 15 June, anyone asking for a jab will be eligible while Official gov' website states that l état d'urgence est prolongé jusqu'au 1 Juin.

I'm certainly not the best example but being in the over 60 range I just had my first jab one week ago thanks to a Tenther who helped me a lot. Borders opening, meetings held or not, series or whatever you wont see me on a race track before four weeks after the second jab.
Old 4 May 2021, 13:29 (Ref:4049622)   #1245
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Just seen Masters post that Paul Ricard is classed as Elite. I would thought Dijon may therefore be the same. (or they will have applied for same process)
Seems its the case when a meeting is FIA sanctioned, dont you think so?
Old 4 May 2021, 16:16 (Ref:4049659)   #1246
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Good question Will… I dont encourage anyone to travel abroad till things are not made clear. We have only 6.9 M people having had two jabs, 2.2 being over 80. Not the kind of driver you expect to meet on any tack…
From 15 June, anyone asking for a jab will be eligible while Official gov' website states that l état d'urgence est prolongé jusqu'au 1 Juin.

I'm certainly not the best example but being in the over 60 range I just had my first jab one week ago thanks to a Tenther who helped me a lot. Borders opening, meetings held or not, series or whatever you wont see me on a race track before four weeks after the second jab.
I've just read that one should abstain from drinking for two weeks after a covid jab - bit late for me now, Gerard, but how about you??

How long have you got to wait for your second jab? We had ten weeks, but we've had to delay it a week as we will be away on the original date.
Old 4 May 2021, 16:18 (Ref:4049660)   #1247
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I've just read that one should abstain from drinking for two weeks after a covid jab - bit late for me now, Gerard, but how about you??
Oddly enough I've just read a report that says the oposite.
Old 4 May 2021, 17:59 (Ref:4049686)   #1248
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
You know French, John, always happy to cheer! They just asked me if I recognized having had my jab, name, arm, vaccine.
As to the second jab, had no choice (and happy for that) when you book the first appointment you have to book the second one before being confirmed.
I must confess that the "vaccinodrome" was not busy at all, doctors waiting for the clients, arms crossed. Some ambulances in the area too…

Thanks again to Michele and you, without your help I would be waiting again and again… So……… cheers!

No secondary effect so far (Moderna) just a big relief.
Old 4 May 2021, 18:04 (Ref:4049688)   #1249
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
As to go racing again, which I hope very much, I've been very cautious since January 2020, face mask, hands, not meeting people, etc… Its not because restaurants are to reopen and blessed bistrots too that I'll rush it would be a complete non sense. Excuse again my poor english, but I'd feel like crossing the 3/4 of a frozen lake naked feet and say "ho, well, the lake bed seems to far, I make a U turn right now!"
May be Dijon race early August could see me if everything goes well.
Old 4 May 2021, 18:12 (Ref:4049691)   #1250
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
First jab 24 Ap, next 5 June.