Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Jun 2008, 19:02 (Ref:2218998)   #1
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pre '66 Saloons - British GP Support

Who's doing this one then?
Announced by the HSCC - race straight after the GP.
See HSCC site
http://www.hscc.org.uk
Old 3 Jun 2008, 22:04 (Ref:2219165)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Looks good, pity my car isn't eligible !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Jun 2008, 06:20 (Ref:2219336)   #3
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I will put in an entry for sure.

Not sure what it means - "the race will be for pre 1966 saloons with FIA or HSCC papers".

So FIA cars as well as HRSR?
Old 4 Jun 2008, 06:57 (Ref:2219350)   #4
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its a broad church and with 48 starters plenty of room for all!
It is a reflection of how highly regarded the HSCC are that each year they are asked to put on the historic support race, often at very short notice...
Old 4 Jun 2008, 08:14 (Ref:2219418)   #5
DanWray
Rookie

England
DanWray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crikey, hot rods supporting the British Grand Prix. What is the world coming to!

Even with a potential 48 starters i'm sure they'll be twice as many putting entries in for it.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 08:17 (Ref:2219421)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Makes you wonder where the cars will be parked though.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 08:18 (Ref:2219422)   #7
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
the entry fee might put some off - if its like last year it will be £500/600 however that is Bernie not the HSCC!
Old 4 Jun 2008, 08:19 (Ref:2219424)   #8
simon drabble
Veteran

same place as each year - Club Straight
Old 4 Jun 2008, 08:20 (Ref:2219425)   #9
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Gordon, change your tyres and get your entry in!

I've expressed an interest

I'm sure the HSCC will receive plenty of applicants and one would hope from that they can assemble a broad mixture of cars, make a statement about the spectrum of production saloon cars that where and still are raced, from big bangers right down to little screamers, I just hope people with earlier period cars and smaller capacity engines are prepared to put the effort in so its not just 30 V8's and a few Cortina/anglia/minis.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 12:46 (Ref:2219638)   #10
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
the entry fee might put some off - if its like last year it will be £500/600 however that is Bernie not the HSCC!
Don't forget I do the Heritage series !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Jun 2008, 16:13 (Ref:2219757)   #11
eveningladies
Rookie

United Kingdom
York
eveningladies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanWray
Crikey, hot rods supporting the British Grand Prix. What is the world coming to!

Even with a potential 48 starters i'm sure they'll be twice as many putting entries in for it.
Intent form faxed over, Dan
Old 4 Jun 2008, 16:15 (Ref:2219761)   #12
simon drabble
Veteran

so are morning gents and evening ladies connected??!!
Old 4 Jun 2008, 16:19 (Ref:2219766)   #13
eveningladies
Rookie

United Kingdom
York
eveningladies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
so are morning gents and evening ladies connected??!!
Ha ha, yes! I'm Peter's step son.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 18:31 (Ref:2219849)   #14
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
so who's going to register Afternoon Ladyboys
Old 5 Jun 2008, 06:44 (Ref:2220206)   #15
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
so who's going to register Afternoon Ladyboys
I'm having the rest of the operation finished next week
Old 5 Jun 2008, 06:52 (Ref:2220211)   #16
simon drabble
Veteran

is anyone else testing next week on the GP circuit?
Old 5 Jun 2008, 07:01 (Ref:2220214)   #17
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yes just off to the workshop and start fitting Jim Woodleys Galaxie engine if all goes well we will be at Silverstone next Thursday. Then straight to Spa that night. "Very excited".Hope to meet some more Ten Tenthers there.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 07:05 (Ref:2220217)   #18
simon drabble
Veteran

I will be there testing - apart from driving a mate's Dino for an hour on the road last weekend to check my ankle could take heel and toeing this will be my first time in a racecar since last November so I will be blowing the cobwebs off rather than setting the world alight!
Old 5 Jun 2008, 07:06 (Ref:2220218)   #19
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You never know Delta,
Old 5 Jun 2008, 07:22 (Ref:2220228)   #20
simon drabble
Veteran

you in the safety car again Terry or you out playing?
Old 6 Jun 2008, 21:32 (Ref:2221575)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Come on Simon you cant make excusses this early .will let you know what garage we will be in . If the mighty Galaxie is behaving perhaps we can all have a meet up.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 08:44 (Ref:2221784)   #22
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Come on Simon you cant make excusses this early .will let you know what garage we will be in . If the mighty Galaxie is behaving perhaps we can all have a meet up.
hey that is a bit harsh - I only dropped the last crutch a week ago!!!! Jim knows how to get hold of me otherwise you will see me going rather cautiously in a Alfa Romeo GTA!
Are we the only ones testing? I would have thought this was a perfect time to test and booked it before the race was even confirmed!
Old 7 Jun 2008, 14:33 (Ref:2221922)   #23
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta

What? In the Galaxie?
Old 7 Jun 2008, 18:03 (Ref:2222057)   #24
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Galaxie running so looking good.If you want Simon we can pop the Alfa in the boot.Jim not booked a garage yet but will let you know the no later.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 10:41 (Ref:2223542)   #25
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone received an entry form yet?