Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Feb 2010, 13:40 (Ref:2625685)   #1
fasted
Racer

England
fasted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ANYONE GOING RACING Classic GT Cars in 2010

There would seem to be lots of exciting opportunities in the forthcoming season. Guards Trophy, the new CSCC series, GT&SCC, Pre-63GT Series and an expanded programme from Peter Auto. Not to mention Le Mans Classic. However, not much chat or obvious excitement on this forum. Is apathy setting in or is the excitement all to much!
Old 3 Feb 2010, 14:11 (Ref:2625696)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasted View Post
There would seem to be lots of exciting opportunities in the forthcoming season. Guards Trophy, the new CSCC series, GT&SCC, Pre-63GT Series and an expanded programme from Peter Auto. Not to mention Le Mans Classic. However, not much chat or obvious excitement on this forum. Is apathy setting in or is the excitement all to much!
Or could be too much choice! I started putting GD, Pre 63 & Moss Trophy dates on calendar as well as Touring 70s for the less classic motor- then realised would probably have to sell one car to pay for it all! That's without opportunities for GTS, CSCC, Guards, Morgan Challenge, Autosport 3hr, Tenths 6hr, and any others have missed..............
Old 3 Feb 2010, 15:09 (Ref:2625720)   #3
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The season for my cars will be built around LMC. and include Tours Britannia,Auto and Espania.
Waiting for details of HSCC Mid May Silverstone,if not GP track our first race in UK will be 3 hrs Snet followed by all Legends Races,Woodcote and Pre War

Not to many UK races with AMOC Team Races being off.

MM,Monza,Dijon,Spa 6 hrs ,Le Castellet with CER.

Perhaps Rallye des Alps but am not that taken with open stage rallies.

That's enough.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 15:24 (Ref:2625732)   #4
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
One thing I have noticed is that getting a second driver is becomming a pain in the arse.

Never realised there were so many superstars about with needs and it is not as though they pay to do it.They don't want to bring ANYTHING to the table.Can't reply to the simplest of correspondence. Basically -A friend in need is a bloody nuisance
Needlessly they have all been told to sling there hook and we will go for a young driver who is smooth and knows when to turn the thing off.Thought we had one years ago who was ideal in the car but we had to adopt his dad who was a prat and who assumed son No 1 was the next LH.

Do not bother to send your CV's as I am aware you are all brilliant and super blokes!

Off the thread but situation has got my attention.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 17:19 (Ref:2625801)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 3 Feb 2010, 17:43 (Ref:2625824)   #6
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
One thing I have noticed is that getting a second driver is becomming a pain in the arse.

Never realised there were so many superstars about with needs.
Is that "Special Needs"????
Old 3 Feb 2010, 18:03 (Ref:2625836)   #7
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So how does it work with second drivers then?

I've always wondered.

Clearly mates share each others drives, but what about these "superstar hotshoes" that get drives all over the place?? Do you approach them or do they approach you and ask nicely??

I mean, surely it'd be an honour to drive some of the cars you guys own?

Personally, I wouldn't want the responsibility (even if I was any good!)

In answer to your question Fasted, I'll be doing CSCC Special K, sorry, Classic K and maybe a bit of Equipe GTS.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 18:38 (Ref:2625855)   #8
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

People approach it in many ways.
I have never paid anyone but others pay the supposedly superstar hotshoes.
Their mostly over 50 and into 60's so how they can be termed hotshoes baffles me.
Others entrants charge for drives at a cost on bend it/mend it basis .
I do not charge but some people make a contribution if they can afford it.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 19:16 (Ref:2625876)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
People approach it in many ways.
I have never paid anyone but others pay the supposedly superstar hotshoes.
Their mostly over 50 and into 60's so how they can be termed hotshoes baffles me.
I'm over 50 and got hot shoes, I nicked em from JB Sports. you can pay me to drive one of your cars or if you are wise you could pay me a bit more not to.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 20:17 (Ref:2625902)   #10
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasted View Post
There almost seems too much choice, with conflicting dates. This year we (wife and I) will be giving the HSCC a miss owing to such meeting conflicts, but also because their races tend to be short. For us the two half hour races that Equipe GTS run over a race weekend and the proposed 40 minute pit stop races with CSCC Classic K are much more attractive. Can't justify the cost of LMC as still paying for the repairs to wife's Elite
Old 5 Feb 2010, 17:31 (Ref:2627371)   #11
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Equipe GTS dates are:
13/14th March - Snetterton (format TBC by next Monday)
- 10/11th April - Brands Hatch (Indy)
- 15/16th May - Zandvoort (Mickey's bar circuit)
- 4/5th June - Silverstone (GP circuit)
- 27/28th June - Knockhill (with special "Equipe" GTS Scottish Summer discount)-
- 24/25th July - Pembrey (with special "Equipe" GTS Summer discount)
- 7th of August - Silverstone National (back with "Bentley Boys")
- 4/5th September - Cadwell Park (our first time there)
- 2nd/3rd October - Snetterton (traditional annual "finale").

http://www.equipe-gts.com/#
Old 10 Feb 2010, 16:40 (Ref:2630716)   #12
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Update from the Classic Sports Car Club arrived today. 33 cars entered for Classic K, 15 cars rejected as not being eligible. First race is 10th April at Snetterton (will it still be snowing?)
Old 10 Feb 2010, 18:34 (Ref:2630792)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
15 chucked out eh? this sounds VERY promising.Well done ALL concerned.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 21:26 (Ref:2630939)   #14
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Update from the Classic Sports Car Club arrived today. 33 cars entered for Classic K, 15 cars rejected as not being eligible. First race is 10th April at Snetterton (will it still be snowing?)

Well I'm prepared to step forward and identify myself as one of the current 33. Brian - presumably you are also registered (one of the Elites?). Anybody else on here supporting this by putting money where mouth is? Quite an interesting mix of cars so far registered.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 21:35 (Ref:2630949)   #15
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6 View Post
Well I'm prepared to step forward and identify myself as one of the current 33. Brian - presumably you are also registered (one of the Elites?). Anybody else on here supporting this by putting money where mouth is? Quite an interesting mix of cars so far registered.
Yes Dave, I'm one of the Elites, and the wife is another (his 'n hers). Seem to be an slight overdose of E-types which perhaps was inevitable, and I wonder if the Elans are (real?) 26Rs. Time will tell. There is also a Kurtis registered that I guess gets in on the early drum brake category - that could be fun.....or brave
Old 10 Feb 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2630969)   #16
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brave I'd say - seen a Kurtis close up on the track and it's an interesting way to approach motor racing!
Old 10 Feb 2010, 23:44 (Ref:2631044)   #17
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait for the 10th, sounds like some good cars in the list.

Garages for all competitors and the scrutes come to you. Sounds great!

I assume thats a Kurtis 500S or a KK?
Old 11 Feb 2010, 07:58 (Ref:2631218)   #18
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
a friend had a Kurtis which he raced with BRDC.It was quick and teh current owner is now quick in it as well - underrated car... wher edo I see a list of the cars entered?
Old 11 Feb 2010, 08:34 (Ref:2631235)   #19
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
a friend had a Kurtis which he raced with BRDC.It was quick and teh current owner is now quick in it as well - underrated car... wher edo I see a list of the cars entered?
The info has been sent to registered competitors, the 33 are:

1 x Healey 3000, 1 x Kurtis, 7 x Jaguar E-Type, 3 x Lotus Elan, 3 x Lotus Elite, 2 x Marcos, 6 x MGB, 1 x MG Midget, 1 x Porsche 356, 2 x Porsche 911, 1 x Spitfire, 1 x TR3, 1 x TR4, 3 x TVR Grantura
Old 14 Feb 2010, 20:49 (Ref:2633383)   #20
Yorkie 'S'
Rookie

England
Leeds
Yorkie 'S' should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYorkie 'S' should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is interesting, I was unde the impression this was a series for GT and Touring Cars - have no Tin Tops entered ?
Old 14 Feb 2010, 22:20 (Ref:2633461)   #21
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
The Kurtis is quick and sounds awesome, I raced against it in 2008 in the Walter Hayes supports great piece of period iron, love it. I think it has a Cadillac engine fitted of all things!
Old 15 Feb 2010, 08:35 (Ref:2633702)   #22
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Looks like E Type v Marcos battles will ensue.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 10:54 (Ref:2633739)   #23
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie 'S' View Post
That is interesting, I was unde the impression this was a series for GT and Touring Cars - have no Tin Tops entered ?
Apparently there is a Lotus Cortina on its way, a couple of Anglias have had to withdraw because of "engine capacity issues".
Old 16 Feb 2010, 12:10 (Ref:2634323)   #24
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie 'S' View Post
There's a Ford Cortina 1500 registered as of 15 Feb 2010.
Old 16 Feb 2010, 19:28 (Ref:2634560)   #25
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
There's a Ford Cortina 1500 registered as of 15 Feb 2010.
Zef?
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang