Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 22 Feb 2022, 22:57 (Ref:4099808)   #501
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Nope nothing of the sort….but if people are going to be critical of one team or person, then apply the same logic to another…

…we all know Toto, Lewis have their outbursts whether negative or positive but to somehow downplay or deny the same doesnt apply to Horner, max is laughable
yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
They're all as bad as each other. When GIO retired Toto was telling Masi not to do a full SC.
Old 23 Feb 2022, 08:33 (Ref:4099837)   #502
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Every. Single. Time.

"Around and around and around we go - and where it stops, nobody knows"

Is it any wonder that the thread title refers to Groundhog Day?
All the time that people have digs at Wolff and Lewis alone, it is only to be expected that someone will counter with Horner and Max. We all know the team principals in particular are all largely cut from the same 'win at all costs' F1 cloth.
Old 23 Feb 2022, 09:30 (Ref:4099845)   #503
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well, all of them have plenty to say post race from time to time (or before race) - the RB crew, MB crew, Aston, etc etc - they all do it (understandably at times as they react to media questions) -
So who else is in line for a P45?
Old 23 Feb 2022, 10:33 (Ref:4099854)   #504
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I do wonder how long Binotto's got left
Old 23 Feb 2022, 12:28 (Ref:4099877)   #505
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
All the time that people have digs at Wolff and Lewis alone, it is only to be expected that someone will counter with Horner and Max. We all know the team principals in particular are all largely cut from the same 'win at all costs' F1 cloth.
100%

Moreso when people criticise toto/ lewis for doing something, that is perfectly accepted and other drivers get a free pass.

if people are going to hold certain drivers to a standard, lets be fair and balanced about it.
Old 23 Feb 2022, 12:29 (Ref:4099878)   #506
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I do wonder how long Binotto's got left
TBH i dont think hes doing a bad job.

Turning the team around since its engine slump to challenging for wins last year...

....i do think, however that 2022 is an important year for them.
Old 23 Feb 2022, 20:12 (Ref:4099932)   #507
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Doesn't mean that the original "dig" was incorrect though - it's like getting pulled over for speeding and using the excuse that everyone else is doing it - doesn't change the fact that you were speeding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
100%

Moreso when people criticise toto/ lewis for doing something, that is perfectly accepted and other drivers get a free pass.

if people are going to hold certain drivers to a standard, lets be fair and balanced about it.
Except that in this case, that isn't what happened - the comment was passed that Toto's live reactions (fair to call some tantrums - not all of his reactions, just some) could be missed if not covered. He is the only person that we see doing that on camera and went further than the others on the voice recordings that we heard.

Zero lack of balance - simply he's the only one doing it (that we see). Also certainly not criticised by me, just the observation made and it was all quite light-hearted until someone felt the need to jump in with "balance" and make a big thing of it. Another Groundhog Day moment in this Groundhog Day thread.
Old 23 Feb 2022, 20:17 (Ref:4099933)   #508
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Well Otmar had one as we know, plus there were various senior people that we heard about moving from team to team, they'll have had one (if employed in the UK) and likely, given nature of the game that some less well-known, less senior team personnel left teams and had a P45.

I reckon there'll be a few who have a lot riding on this year with the new cars and expectations. How many have we heard saying that they were in an effective holding pattern in 2021 while the new cars were developed - that excuse won't cut it in 2022 and there'll be pressure on people, no doubt about it.
Old 23 Feb 2022, 20:55 (Ref:4099938)   #509
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Doesn't mean that the original "dig" was incorrect though - it's like getting pulled over for speeding and using the excuse that everyone else is doing it - doesn't change the fact that you were speeding.
Except that in this case, that isn't what happened - the comment was passed that Toto's live reactions (fair to call some tantrums - not all of his reactions, just some) could be missed if not covered. He is the only person that we see doing that on camera and went further than the others on the voice recordings that we heard.

Zero lack of balance - simply he's the only one doing it (that we see). Also certainly not criticised by me, just the observation made and it was all quite light-hearted until someone felt the need to jump in with "balance" and make a big thing of it. Another Groundhog Day moment in this Groundhog Day thread.

The only problem is that we know that what is broadcast is only what the broadcasters want the public to see. As none of us have seen or heard all the communications or reactions that happened that day, or any other race meetings that have taken place for that matter, we are totally ignorant about what any other teams may or may not have done or how they behaved.

So it unfair to say that, under those edited or censored circumstances, that team A, B or C have reacted better or worse, because we just have no idea. In reality, they will only broadcast those bits that a) the FIA/FOM release and b) what the broadcasters' directors think will make good viewing. I am more than certain that there is far more that is not broadcast than there is that makes it to air.
Old 23 Feb 2022, 21:08 (Ref:4099941)   #510
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:

Make a big deal of it? If it’s not a big deal, then why mention it so much you brought it up

Highlighting 1 individual in 1 situation isn’t balance, it’s being selective

I could highlight max stomping off the podium in Saudi to characterise him as an ar$whole but that would be equally unbalanced.

I agree, your comment is yet another groundhog moment. You keep commenting about it being a groundhog thread, and here you are back again repeating the same points lol

Last edited by ascarracinguk; 23 Feb 2022 at 21:16.
Old 23 Feb 2022, 21:46 (Ref:4099943)   #511
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
And here you are defending toto and lewis to the bitter end at every post, hiding behind a few rofl emojis.
Old 23 Feb 2022, 21:54 (Ref:4099945)   #512
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 23 Feb 2022, 22:13 (Ref:4099949)   #513
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
And here you are defending toto and lewis to the bitter end at every post, hiding behind a few rofl emojis.
I don't think it's that at all. As has been said, it is merely providing balance. And as for the suggestion that it is only Toto and Lewis caught on camera, there has been plenty of audio from Red Bull (and others). I'm not defending Merc or any of their team members, but from my point of view, the level of whinging from elsewhere in the pitlane and on the pitwall has been of at least similar volume....

What we need is a race weekend and then hopefully we can put the groundhog out of it's misery.
Old 23 Feb 2022, 22:42 (Ref:4099951)   #514
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
The only problem is that we know that what is broadcast is only what the broadcasters want the public to see. As none of us have seen or heard all the communications or reactions that happened that day, or any other race meetings that have taken place for that matter, we are totally ignorant about what any other teams may or may not have done or how they behaved.
Agree with this - hence my several references to "what we see" in recent posts. It could be for example that Guenther has many "fockslam" moments during races but they don't get broadcast.
Old 23 Feb 2022, 23:17 (Ref:4099962)   #515
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Wrong yet again, infact you quoted me a couple of posts back specifically criticising Lewis and Toto saying they are as bad as the rest.

If you’re going to try to stir the pot (as you have openly claimed) do try better old dear
Old 23 Feb 2022, 23:19 (Ref:4099966)   #516
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Agree with this - hence my several references to "what we see" in recent posts. It could be for example that Guenther has many "fockslam" moments during races but they don't get broadcast.
What we see is the post race interviews and in race interviews where Horner and max criticise the fia and claim bias. Plenty of examples if you choose to open your eyes and and ears
Old 24 Feb 2022, 01:00 (Ref:4099976)   #517
Skam85
Veteran

Why is it always about Horner and Max when trying to provide "balance"? Why not literally any other driver or team on the grid?

Show me on the doll where Christian Horner and Max Verstappen hurt you.

rofl rofl
Old 24 Feb 2022, 02:03 (Ref:4099981)   #518
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was wrong.

Thread closed. If this infects other threads warnings and holidays will happen.