Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Jul 2021, 08:58 (Ref:4062023)   #151
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is Max's list coming up next?
Old 19 Jul 2021, 10:37 (Ref:4062049)   #152
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!

Last edited by ascarracinguk; 19 Jul 2021 at 10:47.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 10:41 (Ref:4062052)   #153
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do we think discussion of the incident itself could be confined to the race thread (or start a new one just for that)?

Let's keep this thread specific to the decisions/penalties etc that are handed out. It's hard enough tracking the discussions without every thread here turning into a 50/50 chat
Old 19 Jul 2021, 10:46 (Ref:4062055)   #154
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Do we think discussion of the incident itself could be confined to the race thread (or start a new one just for that)?

Let's keep this thread specific to the decisions/penalties etc that are handed out. It's hard enough tracking the discussions without every thread here turning into a 50/50 chat
Whoops. sorry, posted on wrong thread.....il delete!
Old 19 Jul 2021, 11:45 (Ref:4062083)   #155
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Is Max's list coming up next?
When he deliberately collides with Lewis and pushes him off the road, we'll have a look!

Point being the stewards should look at the driver's record.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 11:56 (Ref:4062085)   #156
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Why?
It doesn't work like that in criminal law, for a very good reason. Each case is judged on its merits.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 11:57 (Ref:4062087)   #157
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
When he deliberately collides with Lewis and pushes him off the road, we'll have a look!

Deliberately eh? You and Lewis have obviously had an in depth chat about the incident.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 12:10 (Ref:4062089)   #158
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Point being you seem to be completely misunderstanding the role of the stewards.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 13:09 (Ref:4062109)   #159
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Deliberately eh? You and Lewis have obviously had an in depth chat about the incident.
The Stewards reviewed video and telemetry evidence. Cars 33 and 44 entered turn 9 with Car 33 in the lead and Car 44 slightly behind and on the inside. Car 44 was on a line that did not reach the apex of the corner, with room available to the inside.
When Car 33 turned into the corner, Car 44 did not avoid contact and the left front of
Car 44 contacted the right rear of Car 33. Car 44 is judged predominantly at fault.

From the stewards.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 13:13 (Ref:4062112)   #160
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
The Stewards reviewed video and telemetry evidence. Cars 33 and 44 entered turn 9 with Car 33 in the lead and Car 44 slightly behind and on the inside. Car 44 was on a line that did not reach the apex of the corner, with room available to the inside.
When Car 33 turned into the corner, Car 44 did not avoid contact and the left front of
Car 44 contacted the right rear of Car 33. Car 44 is judged predominantly at fault.

From the stewards.
I've read it several times already. Nowhere does the word 'deliberate' appear. But the word 'predominantly' does, when allocating the blame.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 13:13 (Ref:4062113)   #161
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
From the stewards.
That just describes the sequence of events. Neither you nor they nor anyone else has any reason to think it was a “deliberate” collision.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 13:19 (Ref:4062118)   #162
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Cars 33 and 44 entered turn 9 with Car 33 in the lead and Car 44 slightly behind and on the inside. Car 44 was on a line that did not reach the apex of the corner, with room available to the inside.
When Car 33 turned into the corner, Car 44 did not avoid contact and the left front of Car 44 contacted the right rear of Car 33.
And interpreting that as meaning deliberate is not portraying what is written.

Version A - Car 44 was inadvertently on a line that did not reach the apex of the corner, with room available to the inside.
When Car 33 turned into the corner, Car 44 unintentionally did not avoid contact and the left front of Car 44 contacted the right rear of Car 33.

Version B - Car 44 was deliberately on a line that did not reach the apex of the corner, with room available to the inside.
When Car 33 turned into the corner, Car 44 deliberately did not avoid contact and the left front of Car 44 contacted the right rear of Car 33.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 13:23 (Ref:4062120)   #163
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To continue on from my previous post I dread to think what is going to happen in Holland and I can't help but think F1 is going to regret it.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 13:39 (Ref:4062126)   #164
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FWIW, I think Peter Windsor is right about the incident
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4cFQAaIdo0
Old 19 Jul 2021, 13:53 (Ref:4062132)   #165
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I largely agree. I'm not sure I go for 50/50, but generally speaking, I think he's right on the money.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 16:03 (Ref:4062157)   #166
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It’s also not what the stewards said!
Old 19 Jul 2021, 16:10 (Ref:4062162)   #167
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It’s also not what the stewards said!
Ah, but why let the truth get in the way of a good conspiracy theory!
Old 19 Jul 2021, 19:11 (Ref:4062205)   #168
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems simple to me. If Brooklands was Max's corner and Lewis backed out of it, then Copse was Lewis's corner and Max should have backed out of it. The relative positions at turn in point were exactly reversed.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 20:55 (Ref:4062222)   #169
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
It seems simple to me. If Brooklands was Max's corner and Lewis backed out of it, then Copse was Lewis's corner and Max should have backed out of it. The relative positions at turn in point were exactly reversed.
Ah, it's the same as at Abbey, no collision consequently they received no attention at all, from commentators, stewards, keyboard warriors or RBR....
Old 19 Jul 2021, 21:47 (Ref:4062237)   #170
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
I feel as though over the last few years, a new wave of Formula 1 fans seem to be sweeping into the sport, who didn't seem to exist before. These are the social media fans, who write absolute garbage on the internet and really give the sport a bad image. I have read countless comments on different sites from people who worship Hamilton or Verstappen, trolls, or just idiots who know nothing about F1 giving their extreme views on the accident, including much racism and other abuse. This saddens me, as I am sure Formula 1 fans used to be more civilised. My friend said recently that if Thanos clicked his fingers and the only people remaining were the football fans, the human race would de-evolve to the point that the apes would start to kick us out of our houses. At the time, I felt pleased that Formula 1 fans were better than this, but the incidents of this weekend has made me feel that this is no longer the case (however, these are of course not real fans of the sport - in both F1 and football), and I blame this entirely on the anonymity of social media bringing out the worst in so many people.

However, I felt relieved to discover that these social media trolls have not yet discovered tentenths. It feels good to see at least one site where it is possible to read (and participate in) intelligent discussions about Formula 1 without having to scroll through pages of abuse, or just utter garbage. Thank you, tentenths.
Old 20 Jul 2021, 03:04 (Ref:4062264)   #171
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said, I also think extremism has reached F1 and the event in Holland has a big chance of proving that. Why we now have to have a penalty every time two cars have contact escapes me because it was never so and as I said the incident that has sparked this uproar would have been a nothing event and just mentioned in passing. As someone who has had a lot of experience actually racing I don't get it at all, both drivers were as much to blame as the other because they were both determined not to yield at any cost and no fan who has not been there can even begin to understand the thinking that occurs in such a situation and to call for someone to die over it is simply a lunatic spouting lunatic words.

So can someone tell me why there has to be a penalty every time a car leaves the circuit after contact when it is not premeditated as the Prost/Senna incident definitely was. I was always told racin' is rubbin' and get over it. I am not interested in the rights or wrong of the Silverstone incident just an overall reason that everyone reckons every contact deserves a penalty.
Old 20 Jul 2021, 06:34 (Ref:4062273)   #172
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Well said, I also think extremism has reached F1 and the event in Holland has a big chance of proving that. Why we now have to have a penalty every time two cars have contact escapes me because it was never so and as I said the incident that has sparked this uproar would have been a nothing event and just mentioned in passing. As someone who has had a lot of experience actually racing I don't get it at all, both drivers were as much to blame as the other because they were both determined not to yield at any cost and no fan who has not been there can even begin to understand the thinking that occurs in such a situation and to call for someone to die over it is simply a lunatic spouting lunatic words.

So can someone tell me why there has to be a penalty every time a car leaves the circuit after contact when it is not premeditated as the Prost/Senna incident definitely was. I was always told racin' is rubbin' and get over it. I am not interested in the rights or wrong of the Silverstone incident just an overall reason that everyone reckons every contact deserves a penalty.
Part of it is because there is such a corporate culture in F1 nowadays, where someone, somewhere has to be accountable for all actions, accidental or otherwise. Penalties are reactive and not preventative, no top F1 driver is going to think I must not go for this move in case I get a 10 sec penalty!

So they are reactive, some sort of post move attempt at re-dressing the balance, which often appeases nobody as we saw at the BGP.

In fact, there are far too many trifling penalties that do nothing except bewidler the public, did Russell deserve a 3 place grid drop for running side by side with Sainz, for example? And the ludicrous driver grid drops for changing engines, etc.

I would drop the driver licence points as well and instead I would bring in a simple penalty that would address the incident and the outcome, which is, if you are found at fault for causing a collision that ends the race of a fellow competitor and you are able to continue, you forfeit any world champ points scored in that race.

It is pointless giving Ham in a Mercedes a 10 sec penalty when he is driving a car that is at least a second a lap quicker than most cars in the field and more over the backmarkers.
Old 20 Jul 2021, 06:50 (Ref:4062274)   #173
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post

I would drop the driver licence points as well and instead I would bring in a simple penalty that would address the incident and the outcome, which is, if you are found at fault for causing a collision that ends the race of a fellow competitor and you are able to continue, you forfeit any world champ points scored in that race.

It is pointless giving Ham in a Mercedes a 10 sec penalty when he is driving a car that is at least a second a lap quicker than most cars in the field and more over the backmarkers.
Wouldn’t work.Once a driver knew they weren’t getting points they would retire.If that decision was subject to appeal you would have more lawyers than a Supreme Court hearing.
Old 20 Jul 2021, 08:32 (Ref:4062300)   #174
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Wouldn’t work.Once a driver knew they weren’t getting points they would retire.If that decision was subject to appeal you would have more lawyers than a Supreme Court hearing.

Alan, I think that the points referred to are not Championship points, which aren't the same as penalty points on a racing licence.
Old 20 Jul 2021, 09:07 (Ref:4062304)   #175
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Part of it is because there is such a corporate culture in F1 nowadays, where someone, somewhere has to be accountable for all actions, accidental or otherwise. Penalties are reactive and not preventative, no top F1 driver is going to think I must not go for this move in case I get a 10 sec penalty!

So they are reactive, some sort of post move attempt at re-dressing the balance, which often appeases nobody as we saw at the BGP.

In fact, there are far too many trifling penalties that do nothing except bewidler the public, did Russell deserve a 3 place grid drop for running side by side with Sainz, for example? And the ludicrous driver grid drops for changing engines, etc.

I like the thinking - this would be a better system