Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 Sep 2018, 22:13 (Ref:3851882)   #451
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Shame not to see him this year given how quick the Focus has been...
Would the Focus have been as quick with him in the team?
Old 22 Sep 2018, 07:44 (Ref:3851923)   #452
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Would the Focus have been as quick with him in the team?
I don't see why not, I can't remember the last time a team mate beat him comprehensively. He would certainly be closer to the front than James Cole has been
Old 22 Sep 2018, 09:34 (Ref:3851928)   #453
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We'll never know. Just remember Tordoff should have been a bit further up, but for so much bad luck early on
Old 22 Sep 2018, 09:52 (Ref:3851932)   #454
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it time to start properly speculating yet?

Thompson to stay at HARD.
Collard JR at WSR, Rob won’t be back.
Goff at Eurotech again but not Brett.
Neither Sutton nor Plato at Subaru and not in the same team elsewhere, Sutton at WSR maybe, if Jordan goes elsewhere (Motorbase?)
Hill at AMD with OJ.

Last edited by Robin Marriott; 22 Sep 2018 at 10:09.
Old 22 Sep 2018, 10:44 (Ref:3851937)   #455
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say Collard Jr has significant chances to stay in WSR, however, somehow I can't see Jordan go. I feel Turks and AJ will stay in BMW. Also I think Sutton will remain in Subaru after all. JP's future seems a huge mystery to me but I'm almost certain he won't be back with BMR. The best way for him is to retire but he probably thinks he can still make 100 wins. Honestly I doubt it.
I'm really curious what will be with Tingram and Speedworks. After a few seasons with so good results they should expand to two cars and maybe get some manufacturer backing. New Corolla instead of Avensis with some Toyota backing would be big thing.
Old 22 Sep 2018, 10:47 (Ref:3851939)   #456
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Is it time to start properly speculating yet?

Thompson to stay at HARD.
Collard JR at WSR, Rob won’t be back.
Goff at Eurotech again but not Brett.
Hill at AMD with OJ.
I'm not sure BMW would be prepared to allow Ricky to do a whole season of BTCC. They'll need him for their European sportscar programmes (although I haven't looked at how many clashes there would be).

Plato to PMR maybe?

Hill to AMD has to be high probability, although if WSR can't get Ricky, I wouldn't be surprised if they went after Hill.
Old 22 Sep 2018, 11:08 (Ref:3851945)   #457
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I’m sure Ricky is on people’s radar though
Old 22 Sep 2018, 14:42 (Ref:3851972)   #458
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Hill to AMD has to be high probability, although if WSR can't get Ricky, I wouldn't be surprised if they went after Hill.
But where would he get a budget? He doesn’t have the money of Collard or Turks to bring...
Old 22 Sep 2018, 17:47 (Ref:3851989)   #459
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
He hasn’t managed to find a full time ride anywhere this season which is surprising
Did he try?

If he wants to be back in 2019 BTCC why spending time and money for one season elsewhere?
Old 22 Sep 2018, 19:21 (Ref:3852022)   #460
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Jackson, when /if the story ever comes out, broke a contract, just like Hill. Pretty sure he was unable to race whether he wanted or not.

Definitely do not see Plato at BMR, not even sure if BMR will be around next year in BTCC. I am sticking my neck out on Mr Scott running Ash in Euro or World TCR if budget is forthcoming. Or Ash at WSR if there is no more BMR.

Would not be surprised if a pair of Subarus materialised at AmD or HARD. With some budget to fund development I think they can be improved, especially if the TOCA lump is fitted - which will also move the car away from the controversy.
Old 22 Sep 2018, 20:14 (Ref:3852030)   #461
S griffin
Veteran

There’s the solution, put Jackson in place of Plato at BMR!
Old 22 Sep 2018, 20:44 (Ref:3852032)   #462
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMR will stay I think, they've already talked about two cars next year.
Old 23 Sep 2018, 11:06 (Ref:3852151)   #463
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jamie Bond wins the VW Cup for Team HARD, so probably a strong candidate for their 2019 driver line-up.

Also, Ant Whorton-Eales wins the MINI Challenge title.
Old 23 Sep 2018, 12:28 (Ref:3852159)   #464
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Definitely do not see Plato at BMR, not even sure if BMR will be around next year in BTCC. I am sticking my neck out on Mr Scott running Ash in Euro or World TCR if budget is forthcoming.
If there's no budget for BTCC, where your sponsors actually get exposure, then there certainly won't be for the publicity vacuum that is WTCR.
Old 23 Sep 2018, 16:46 (Ref:3852212)   #465
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
With JP gone - and that is an if - then BMR will likely be looking for sponsorship, whatever they're racing wherever. Sutton should be an attractive proposition, so that is not necessarily a significant problem. I do agree that TCR just isn't anywhere near as appealing as BTCC from a sponsorship point. But the cars are relatively cheap, so a relatively modest budget could still produce a competitive entry.
Old 23 Sep 2018, 18:32 (Ref:3852245)   #466
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't see WTCR being cheaper to run than BTCC somehow.
Old 23 Sep 2018, 19:22 (Ref:3852262)   #467
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer65 View Post
Can't see WTCR being cheaper to run than BTCC somehow.
yes it would be much more!
Old 23 Sep 2018, 22:08 (Ref:3852309)   #468
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cant see AJ going back to Motorbase as mentioned previously.

Could he go it alone with their Jordan Racing Team, perhaps opening up a space for a third WSR for Ricky. Dick Bennett then gets his three BMWs in the same livery.

Or could AJ take his BMW and team up with Team Parker Racing? TBL's dependent of course.

My thoughts anyway
Old 24 Sep 2018, 03:58 (Ref:3852332)   #469
Pringles
Rookie

Pringles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRustyNail View Post
Cant see AJ going back to Motorbase as mentioned previously.

Could he go it alone with their Jordan Racing Team, perhaps opening up a space for a third WSR for Ricky. Dick Bennett then gets his three BMWs in the same livery.

Or could AJ take his BMW and team up with Team Parker Racing? TBL's dependent of course.

My thoughts anyway
The BMW Jordan drives belongs AFAIK still to WSR so unless Jordan buys the car off them he can't take it anywhere.
Old 24 Sep 2018, 08:44 (Ref:3852353)   #470
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
The BMW Jordan drives belongs AFAIK still to WSR so unless Jordan buys the car off them he can't take it anywhere.
so does the licence belong to wsr.
so its not jordans car or licence to take anywhere!
Old 24 Sep 2018, 11:07 (Ref:3852368)   #471
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Jamie Bond wins the VW Cup for Team HARD, so probably a strong candidate for their 2019 driver line-up.

Also, Ant Whorton-Eales wins the MINI Challenge title.
AWE pretty much waltzed off in race 1 yesterday, he looked a different class to most of the other drivers. Race 2 was a little different but by then he'd already become champion. I'd be surprised if he isn't back in a full time BTCC seat next year.
Old 24 Sep 2018, 15:41 (Ref:3852409)   #472
Pringles
Rookie

Pringles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
so does the licence belong to wsr.
so its not jordans car or licence to take anywhere!
I believe the licence is also owned by WSR.

WSR have wanted 3 cars running the same livery, they chose to go with Jordan and Pirtek presumably down to driver and budget availability.

I doubt AJ will stick with WSR or vice versa.

He hasn't exactly set the world alight in yet another great fast car.

Jordan seems to blame the cars for pretty much everything if he isn't doing so well. He has chased better cars now for a few years and I think he will be off elsewhere next year.

Whether that is in the BTCC or not who knows.
Old 24 Sep 2018, 15:42 (Ref:3852410)   #473
S griffin
Veteran

Well he certainly deserves to be on the grid next season. But you usually need more than that to get on the BTCC grid
Old 24 Sep 2018, 16:25 (Ref:3852417)   #474
touring fan01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
I believe the licence is also owned by WSR.
Whether that is in the BTCC or not who knows.
yes, i said that the licence is owned by wsr.

jordan will be in the btcc next year - he announced an extension to his deal with pirtek for the btcc that will take him to the end of 2021;
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...w-pirtek-deal/
Old 24 Sep 2018, 17:11 (Ref:3852433)   #475
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
A good fit to my mind would be AJ back with Eurotech; what sponsorship arrangements exist at Eurotech, whether they could run a third car if a TBL could be obtained are some of the endlist list of questions. He certainly had his best year by some measure when he piloted the Honda to the title and hasn't looked anywhere near as consistent - for many reasons - since.