Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 11 Aug 2009, 18:10 (Ref:2519685)   #1
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What makes Loheac, the big event it is?

With all this talk of the Rallycross GP title being back, I was wondering what makes the Loheac round of the French Championship so big.

It seems to pull in such a large crowd, larger than a French ERC round.

I was wondering why?
Old 11 Aug 2009, 23:18 (Ref:2519882)   #2
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be carefull with their figures. They count the Friday, Saturday and Sunday together and talk about 40,000 or even 45,000 spectators. I would say that 35,000 people on a Sunday is closer to the truth.

Lohéac is very special, not French but Celtic style. The Bretons are as much French as the Welsh are British. I do not really know why all these people come together once a year to rock the tiny village (about 400 inhabitants only), but the atmosphere is quite like Höljes (about 350 inhabitants only).