Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Sep 2003, 10:33 (Ref:716141)   #1
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Lord March honarary member of the BRDC

The BRDC have announced that Lord March is to be made an honarary member for his services to Historic Motorsport. The award will be made at the annual BRDC awards dinner at the NEC in January.

Well done Your Lordship. The Festival of Speed and Revival Meetings are certainly the highlights of the UK motorsport calender!
Old 12 Sep 2003, 11:17 (Ref:716188)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I read that. Excellent news. He has done a lot for British Motorsport, especially over the last ten years.

Apart from anything else he is a true enthusiast.
Old 13 Sep 2003, 19:36 (Ref:717719)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent. Well done that Lord.......
Old 24 Sep 2003, 18:56 (Ref:729006)   #4
Remus
Racer

Remus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here Here! A great enthusiast and a throughly dignified and likeable man. What he has created with these two events really adds to my motorsport year.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 20:05 (Ref:729075)   #5
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very well deserved your Lordship.
Although the revival surpasses itself each year, the first one in 1998 I still remember as the best race meeting I have ever attended ( out of quite a few hundred ) due to the 'sensory overload' - proper cars in the proper setting after such a long time. I will never forget it. He would be a worthy member just for the circuit revival meeting, let alone the fantastic Festival of Speed too.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 20:04 (Ref:730088)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Andrew, absolutely right. It gets better each year but the first is (and was, in this case) always special!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 27 Sep 2003, 02:00 (Ref:731504)   #7
D-Type
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coulsdon, Surrey
D-Type should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hear, hear.
Fully deserved

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.
Old 27 Sep 2003, 02:57 (Ref:731514)   #8
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good for Him
hey what is required to become a member of BRDC?
Old 29 Sep 2003, 06:55 (Ref:733643)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
An invitation. It's not a club you can join without having an invitation as far as I am aware.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 10:07 (Ref:733843)   #10
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
a world chamionship of some description may halp, or perhaps just a GP win or two, and a british passport.

nothing most of us are ever likely to achieve.

to quote a film, cheap to those who can afford it, very expensive to those who cant

Incidentally, if you ever see a BRDC badge for sale, its illegal, they are all the property of the club and must be returned upon request.!
Old 4 Oct 2003, 09:10 (Ref:740149)   #11
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are some members though who have been invited to join for non driving achievements, such as Ron Dennis. I also know that Mike Treutlein ( 60s race mechanic) is a member also photographer Jeff Bloxham. I think too that artist ( who inspired me to paint) Michael Turner was invited to join.
Old 4 Oct 2003, 10:07 (Ref:740194)   #12
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another member who is not a driver is one Mr M Walker.
Old 4 Oct 2003, 10:15 (Ref:740196)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by zefarelly
a world chamionship of some description may halp, or perhaps just a GP win or two, and a british passport.
Jan Lammers is Dutch!

Then again Gerry Marshall hasn't won a GP either. Basically its an invite based on merit no matter what you race in. As long as its at a national or international level.

So some of us could aspire to membership. You'll just have to get that Cortina finished Zef.
Old 4 Oct 2003, 10:16 (Ref:740197)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
BTW. Well done to Lord March.