Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score does the Belgian Grand Prix get from you?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 0 0%
7 5 12.20%
6 10 24.39%
5 5 12.20%
4 5 12.20%
3 8 19.51%
2 4 9.76%
1 4 9.76%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31 Aug 2020, 09:15 (Ref:3999174)   #16
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
6. Had enough going on in the midfield to keep us entertained, although I agree DRS isn't really necessary around here
Old 31 Aug 2020, 10:18 (Ref:3999183)   #17
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
4. 1 point deducted for the endless succession of DRS passes at the end of the Kemmel straight. The artificiality of it just depresses me more and more every year.
I don't think it's any more artificial than the wings that cause the overtaking problem in the first place. If we could get rid of wings and ground effect (pie-in-the-sky, I know), we could get rid of DRS.

BTW I gave the race a 7. I enjoyed to mid-field action.
Old 31 Aug 2020, 11:07 (Ref:3999210)   #18
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Overtaking was never meant to be easy, that’s the thing. Although it shouldn’t got to the point that aero made it almost impossible
Old 31 Aug 2020, 19:19 (Ref:3999295)   #19
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!
Not the greatest race ever but it was Spa and well, it was Spa.

Nothing against LH but it was good that the TV production focussed on the midfield, plenty going on there from time to time.

A 6 from me.
Old 31 Aug 2020, 20:03 (Ref:3999300)   #20
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Nothing against LH but it was good that the TV production focussed on the midfield, plenty going on there from time to time.
Yes - good to follow. There are some fun drivers to follow in there. Dani Ric, Norris, Perez, all the Red Bull lot are entertaining.

On Perez, we missed his progress from last place after his stop. They need to do even more of the midfield stuff. Perhaps AWS can use their analytics to point the director at the right stuff!
Old 31 Aug 2020, 22:02 (Ref:3999317)   #21
Alan52
Veteran

Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I was judging it on battle for the top 3 places it would have been 0.
Old 1 Sep 2020, 00:56 (Ref:3999341)   #22
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Worst Spa race that I can remember....maybe not. The worst was when Mika Hakkinen got taken out at the start at that rainy race where DC caused 13 cars to pile up.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 1 Sep 2020, 00:57 (Ref:3999343)   #23
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Damon!
Old 1 Sep 2020, 01:00 (Ref:3999345)   #24
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I still remember that like yesterday...

Old 1 Sep 2020, 09:48 (Ref:3999373)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Worst Spa race that I can remember....maybe not. The worst was when Mika Hakkinen got taken out at the start at that rainy race where DC caused 13 cars to pile up.

I'll always remember Schumi running into the back of DC and turning his Ferrari into a tricycle in the process.
Old 1 Sep 2020, 10:54 (Ref:3999396)   #26
S griffin
Veteran

Yes, I remember being in the garden at the time and one of my brothers calling me in telling me what happened

That was a classic Spa race, although thankfully everyone got out the other side. Still Damon getting Jordan’s first win was the best thing that happened that day
Old 1 Sep 2020, 12:26 (Ref:3999431)   #27
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I'll always remember Schumi running into the back of DC and turning his Ferrari into a tricycle in the process.
Dirtiest thing I have seen on a racetrack in my life imo.
Old 1 Sep 2020, 12:31 (Ref:3999434)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Dirtiest thing I have seen on a racetrack in my life imo.
It really was not on and utterly disgraceful.
Old 1 Sep 2020, 14:45 (Ref:3999458)   #29
steve_r
Veteran

England
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsteve_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsteve_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was an accident, Shirley?
Old 1 Sep 2020, 16:27 (Ref:3999480)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bit harsh on Michael, he just didn't see DC.