Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Apr 2016, 06:04 (Ref:3634705)   #151
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Sweet picture! Can I steal that to post on facebook? I see you're from Milton Keynes, did we meet on Saturday? Was fortunate enough to meet a couple tenthers which was great!

-mike
Ian and I did have a look into the back of the garage on saturday but no one around at that time, hope to meet later in the year if you are around and have a chance
Old 20 Apr 2016, 06:55 (Ref:3635037)   #152
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit late with this but had a fantastic weekend at Silverstone. It was good to meet up with people again even if I didn't recognise some of you at first!

Although there wasn't the constant overtaking for the lead like last year, there always seemed to be something important happening on track.
Old 20 Apr 2016, 09:15 (Ref:3635064)   #153
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Terrific weekend, and hats off to the organisers, they have very obviously listened to all the comments/suggestions that have been made and improved the experience for racegoers no end. It's taken a few years, and there's an element of 'us' getting used to the compromises the location of 'The Wing' brings, but overall, and after a few years getting there, they do seem to have got things right. No complaints from me!

Great to see most of the usual suspects at some point over the weekend, and 2 excellent evenings of beers, curry and banter on the Friday and Saturday.

The races were not classics, but if every race was a classic, we wouldn't appreciate/cherish being trackside for the truly great ones to the same extent.

Already looking forward to next year!
Old 20 Apr 2016, 12:25 (Ref:3635104)   #154
jwbuchanan
Rookie

jwbuchanan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
Was anyone else disappointed by the pre race pyrotechnics. We were told to clear the wall of all marshals etc because of them and they were pathetic IMO. Just puffs of grey smoke from the tyre barriers in front of the grandstand.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk
That was deliberate? We assumed someone had tripped the finishing display by mistake. All seemed a bit random as the cars were half a lap away at that point...
Old 20 Apr 2016, 13:00 (Ref:3635118)   #155
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well just to say Silverstone has had the desired effect on me, booked holiday for the saturday of spa and planning to be there
Old 20 Apr 2016, 15:30 (Ref:3635158)   #156
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well just to say Silverstone has had the desired effect on me, booked holiday for the saturday of spa and planning to be there
Excellent stuff. See you there.

And indeed means you can start contributing to the Spa - who's going? thread.
Old 20 Apr 2016, 15:52 (Ref:3635166)   #157
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Blancpain at Brands that weekend
Old 20 Apr 2016, 15:57 (Ref:3635168)   #158
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Blancpain at Brands that weekend
i know and that was my back up plan
Old 20 Apr 2016, 16:31 (Ref:3635176)   #159
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Very nice! I was tempted but already busy that weekend, otherwise...
Old 20 Apr 2016, 18:55 (Ref:3635210)   #160
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbuchanan View Post
That was deliberate? We assumed someone had tripped the finishing display by mistake. All seemed a bit random as the cars were half a lap away at that point...
I assumed the Dutch were over to watch the race!
Old 20 Apr 2016, 20:32 (Ref:3635239)   #161
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbuchanan View Post
We were warned they were happening so presumed they were meant to be there. Maybe the warm up lap was quicker than expected.
Old 24 Apr 2016, 13:44 (Ref:3636047)   #162
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a great racing weekend! Congratulations to everybody involved in such event.

Good points:

Racing in ELMS and WEC was great, nearly all the categories were decided on the last hour. LMP2 at Le Mans can be epic.
Attendance, It was the time I´ve seen more people at the Silverstone endurance event.
Monday at the office many workmates saying they came and they enjoyed the day.
More food kiosks, the Lavazza coffee one was very important to me to keep me warm on saturday
The acceleration of the Audi and Porsche.
The Gisbons still being highly competitive.
Meeting Mike Hedlund in the autograph session.

Neutral

Toyota has improved but still is not enough. At least the saturday problems seems to be a punctual.
I was expecting a better pace for the Fords, perhaps they are sandbagging for Le Mans.
Many spots for photos covered by sponsor banners. Happy to see sponsors coming to endurance racing.

Bad points:

We talked about it and the weather was horrible on saturday morning, can be possible to move this event later?
The rolling stones jingle during the National Anthem, this is one the situations a PA manager cannot fail.
Getting out of the parking on sunday.
Old 24 Apr 2016, 18:45 (Ref:3636107)   #163
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The smoke would have been orange, very orange.......
Old 23 Jun 2016, 11:44 (Ref:3654636)   #164
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While a large proportional of the British sportscar fanbase were at Le Mans, Silverstone put on sale tickets for the 2017 WEC Silverstone race.

Event date is still PROVISIONAL but is currently set for 14-16th April 2017, which is Easter weekend and so the Monday after is a bank holiday.

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/...-championship/
Old 23 Jun 2016, 12:38 (Ref:3654664)   #165
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for that - another date for the diary then.....
Old 23 Jun 2016, 14:09 (Ref:3654691)   #166
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giba View Post
While a large proportional of the British sportscar fanbase were at Le Mans, Silverstone put on sale tickets for the 2017 WEC Silverstone race.

Event date is still PROVISIONAL but is currently set for 14-16th April 2017, which is Easter weekend and so the Monday after is a bank holiday.

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/...-championship/
Bugger, that's right in the middle of our holiday. Any idea what race coverage is like in Borneo? On the bright side, that makes it far more likely I will finally get to go to Spa

Sean
Old 27 Jun 2016, 16:19 (Ref:3655419)   #167
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Anyone else have their tickets bought and accommodation sorted yet.....?