Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 11 Jan 2024, 11:28 (Ref:4191417)   #1
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BUFI Mowog Twin engined mini special?

I have been asked to draw a plaque to Tony and Pat Fisher who ran in the 70's a successful twin engined mini special in autocross known as the BUFi car built by Tony and long time friend Dave Butterworth.

I have a technical sectioned sketch of the car off AROnline.

Anyone have one of the car in action at all please?
Old 11 Jan 2024, 12:34 (Ref:4191422)   #2
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think I've cracked it.
The car was featured in Oct 1968 Hotcar magazine (I was still at school!) so have found a copy on ebay. Car was on the front cover.

I saw the car in the metal in Tony's garage way back, about 2009, around his death.

Not sure what happened after that, I know Barrie Wizzo Williams went to sort the garage out after Tony's passing.
Barry was a good friend of Pat and Tony.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/7ygAA...zkh/s-l500.jpg

Last edited by 911thillclimber; 11 Jan 2024 at 12:59.
Old 11 Jan 2024, 13:27 (Ref:4191433)   #3
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Graham, have you seen this?

From https://www.aronline.co.uk/opinion/b...er-twini-mini/

Chris.
Old 11 Jan 2024, 15:10 (Ref:4191461)   #4
911thillclimber
Veteran

Yes, saw that yesterday, but for the plaque I'm doing I need a simpler drg, the sign maker will not deal with that detail.
The pic on the front of the Hotcar magazine is just right, there will be more in the magazine article arriving in a week's time.

When I saw the car last it certainly was not as smart as the picture!

Plaque needs to be ready for mid March so ok for time.
Old 11 Jan 2024, 16:10 (Ref:4191472)   #5
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911thillclimber View Post
Yes, saw that yesterday, but for the plaque I'm doing I need a simpler drg, the sign maker will not deal with that detail.
The pic on the front of the Hotcar magazine is just right, there will be more in the magazine article arriving in a week's time.

When I saw the car last it certainly was not as smart as the picture!

Plaque needs to be ready for mid March so ok for time.
I was going to say I remembered the car being featured in a magazine (when I was at school too), and would have said CCC was the one in question. Now you say it, I do remember it was Hot Car (and I may still have my copy in the loft!).
I did see it in action once and it was spectacular. An anorak fact is that I seem to remember it used a manual gearbox for the front wheel drive part, and an auto for the rear...
Old 11 Jan 2024, 16:42 (Ref:4191476)   #6
911thillclimber
Veteran

Indeed it did, the rear unit eventually chimed-in to the front at some time...
A car that has 'Tony Fisher' written all over it.

A very pleasant man to have know.