Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Mar 2004, 13:24 (Ref:913919)   #1
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor Rubino

It looks like Rubens' choice of tires proved to be off and cost him dearly. The harder compound didn't give enough bite and is likely how he got out - letting the train go by. To have been so quick on the harder rubber, one has to think that had he chosen the same rubber as Michael, it would have been another Ferrari 1 - 2. Maybe next race
Old 21 Mar 2004, 13:28 (Ref:913920)   #2
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, hope you're right but alas, next GP is in Bahrain... it does not rain there. It's gonna be a tough one.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 16:22 (Ref:914024)   #3
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens pace was pretty good. If it wasn't for that early stumble, I think he could have been with Michael.

I'm not sure he had the wrong tires.

Danica Patrick
Old 21 Mar 2004, 17:09 (Ref:914080)   #4
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens Barrichello:
"I pushed hard all race long, doing as much as I could. I made a different tyre choice to my team-mate and it did not pay off. On top of that, in the opening laps, when it rained, my tyres quickly lost temperature and that's why I lost a few places.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 17:11 (Ref:914081)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Poor Rubino

Quote:
Originally posted by f1atic
To have been so quick on the harder rubber, one has to think that had he chosen the same rubber as Michael, it would have been another Ferrari 1 - 2. Maybe next race
It was 13 degrees lower tempreture today, thats why Rubens lost out.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 17:12 (Ref:914082)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
well the only heartning thing was that we didnt see another Ferrari 1-2! i think it was on the cards had he stuck with MS's tyre choice..
Old 22 Mar 2004, 13:25 (Ref:915045)   #7
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
..or just avoided that stupid mistake!
Old 22 Mar 2004, 13:34 (Ref:915058)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was a wrong choice, now if he wants to beat TGF, he must learn a little with him, or just follow his set-up...
Old 22 Mar 2004, 13:44 (Ref:915069)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Rubens can't beat TGF on ability - he has to try something different on setup and hope it pays off big time. He gave it a go this weekend with the tyres but it didn't work out, he'll just have to keep on trying.

At least this weekend proves that the Ferrari is beatable (or at least one of them is).
Old 22 Mar 2004, 13:57 (Ref:915089)   #10
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
Rubens pace was pretty good. If it wasn't for that early stumble, I think he could have been with Michael.

I'm not sure he had the wrong tires.
I think they were wrong based on what he said about them loosing grip quickly when the temperature dropped after that little bit of rain and clouds. I imagine that his 'mistake' that allowed a couple of drivers past him was due to the tires more than anything else.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 14:34 (Ref:915154)   #11
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a weakness with the Bridgestones dries in greasy or damp conditions...just that the harder compound worsen the situation for RB.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 15:01 (Ref:915183)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rubens was pretty unlucky - there was nothing in the forecasts to indicate lower temperatures, or make rain early on seem like anything but an outside cahnce (especially as it was more likely to be hard rain, which would've allowed Ferrari to change to the (presumably still superior) Bridgestone Wets).

All the same, in practice on Friday he didn't seem to be as quick as Michael. Unlike Australia, there was a clear performance gap all weekend, and I don't think tyres explain it all.