Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Mar 2004, 10:57 (Ref:913826)   #26
f1truestory
Racer

f1truestory has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i m happy with what ITV have now, as long as they have live race coverage, i m happy.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 16:35 (Ref:914038)   #27
bluebeard
Veteran

England
wirral
bluebeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
shame they show less than 90% of the races!
Old 21 Mar 2004, 18:08 (Ref:914135)   #28
Son of Jor-El
Racer

Son of Jor-El should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought "the Count" was particularly bad today. Most notably his unproffesional approach in interviewing Dave Richards. He rushed down the paddock to BAR and was so out of breath he couldn't think of anything to say! Surely one of the other reporters could have done it.

Simply appalling.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 13:29 (Ref:915048)   #29
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In Latin America the races/qualy sessions can be seen on FOX sports. Some countries like Brazil have additional coverage (TVGlobo) and here a local station begun broadcasting the races ONLY. and Malaysia which was run in local time at 02:00am was shown at 3pm next day.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 14:01 (Ref:915096)   #30
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Son of Jor-El
I thought "the Count" was particularly bad today. Most notably his unproffesional approach in interviewing Dave Richards. He rushed down the paddock to BAR and was so out of breath he couldn't think of anything to say!
That's because he knows nothing about the sport, in the usual ITV style they just take a 'known' presenter and use them to front a show about something they know absolutely diddly about.

They're doing the same sort of thing with 'speed sunday' - Matt Smith (I think???) usually presents the premiership football highlights on a Monday night. Great motorsport background that. At least they've still got VBH for the BTCC though
Old 22 Mar 2004, 14:15 (Ref:915123)   #31
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ITV2 is available on Freeview, which is available to 80% of the UK as long as they have a reasonable TV aerial, you just need a settop box which IIRC cost about £40.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 14:16 (Ref:915127)   #32
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was happy with the way they showed the session, with a brief rundown of Qualifying 1, then Qualifying 2 shown in full. It wasn't as boring and dragged out as showing the whole lot in full.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 14:21 (Ref:915134)   #33
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Actually, it wasn't too bad they way they showed it.

I notice that ITV haven't actually given a time for the live qualifying coverage at Bahrain.

Suppose they are waiting for the FIA to make their minds up
Old 22 Mar 2004, 14:52 (Ref:915169)   #34
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahh they probably won't bother...
Old 22 Mar 2004, 15:16 (Ref:915206)   #35
swatty
Rookie

swatty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Son of Jor-El
I thought "the Count" was particularly bad today. Most notably his unproffesional approach in interviewing Dave Richards. He rushed down the paddock to BAR and was so out of breath he couldn't think of anything to say!
One thing sprang immediately to mind when I saw this bumbling effort

When the count asked Dave Richards where Jenson was DR replied "he's at the press conference", towit the prat with the ear mike said the press conference was over!! OK so we saw the end of the press conference then ITV hauled ass down to BAR (at a great rate of knots judging from the sweat dripping from "the counts" forehead). Now surely, ay this point, Jenson would have be talking to all the proper motoring hacks who had gathered at the press centre in order to gather quotes from TGF, JPM and Jense. Surely that would have been the place to be

In all the time ITV has been covering F1, the count has NEVER left the studio, and on this performance lets hope they never let him out again

I thought the race coverage was good, though Dullard was getting excited about front wing shots again and still shouted NNNNOOOOWWW at the start. It was the bits with "the count" and Tony Jardine that pd me off
Old 22 Mar 2004, 16:51 (Ref:915354)   #36
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think 'anchorman' was so excited at JBs podium...he lost his normal cool...in that humidity thats understandable.

I think Jardine is a typical slick PR man...no problem. I'm just glad though that 'out of date' Blunders wasn't there with his half baked ideas and comments!
Old 22 Mar 2004, 17:00 (Ref:915368)   #37
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting, in Canada we get the ITV feed, and had it live for qualifying.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 19:40 (Ref:915558)   #38
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone remember about three years ago itv didn't want to disturbe the sunday evening shedual so they showed the race live on itv2 for the indianappolis gp? Even less people had ascess to itv2 then.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 19:47 (Ref:915567)   #39
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah it was ridiculous.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 19:53 (Ref:915578)   #40
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fan
Indeed. I was dumb enough to wake up thinking it was live...
Yeh I did the same too!

Resorted to 10min of Teletext and though screw this and went back to sleep!
Old 22 Mar 2004, 19:53 (Ref:915579)   #41
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone remember exactly what the reasons were that ITV gave for shifting the 2000 USGP to ITV2?
Old 22 Mar 2004, 20:23 (Ref:915618)   #42
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Corrie. As per usual.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 22:37 (Ref:915787)   #43
Matthopps
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Matthopps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, let's not go there again.