Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jul 2011, 19:45 (Ref:2933540)   #26
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Very very pleased for Massa. Gonna be an interesting race.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 20:21 (Ref:2933553)   #27
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I think as years have ticked by, Hungaroring has gained a place in people's hearts.

With all the new long straight/hairpin/wide tracks we have now, Hungaroring looks more and more like something out of 1986 (funnilly enough).

I'm quite surprised how close many of the barriers are still to this day.

Selby
Old 30 Jul 2011, 21:03 (Ref:2933572)   #28
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Races here were often frustrating to watch because overtaking was almost impossible even for considerably faster cars - let's see whether this has changed this year with the DRS and tyre changes. The track always looked good to drive, but not good to race on with the cars we had for recent years - a bit like Imola in this respect.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 21:22 (Ref:2933577)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think you are right. Good roads to drive, but not for racing. Although in '86 it was fun with Piquet.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:16 (Ref:2933602)   #30
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I'll try and get a bit of 'inside information' off of my mate Mark (on the right) next week as I'll spend a bit of time with him next week in Mojacar
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Jul 2011, 22:47 (Ref:2933634)   #31
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I'll try and get a bit of 'inside information' off of my mate Mark (on the right) next week as I'll spend a bit of time with him next week in Mojacar
Name dropper...
Old 30 Jul 2011, 23:04 (Ref:2933644)   #32
AMP Marshal
Racer

Canada
Nova Scotia
AMP Marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watching Qualifying , wow the track side marshals are wearing blue overalls. Reminds me of the days @ Indy with those retarded Polyester overalls that TG forced us to wear.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 23:05 (Ref:2933645)   #33
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMP Marshal View Post
Just watching Qualifying , wow the track side marshals are wearing blue overalls. Reminds me of the days @ Indy with those retarded Polyester overalls that TG forced us to wear.
TG has a lot to answer for.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 23:17 (Ref:2933655)   #34
AMP Marshal
Racer

Canada
Nova Scotia
You're right about that. Always loved the acronym @ Indy, FTG, fill in the blanks.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 23:25 (Ref:2933657)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
You're right about that. Always loved the acronym @ Indy, FTG, fill in the blanks.
Lol.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 23:51 (Ref:2933663)   #36
AMP Marshal
Racer

Canada
Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Lol.
I remember going there in 2000 thinking wow I'll get a set of Indy overalls, do it as a one off, keep em and never return, until we all started reading the " ingredients " label. Um nope we indeed returned them back on Sunday and I had Nomex, 1 layer sun drenched white in my kit I wasn't allowed to wear. On top of that, we had and I mean had to wear those Indy hats too. I wasn't allowed to wear my Tilly. Sure was a FTG weekend or weekends.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 01:01 (Ref:2933680)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I remember going there in 2000 thinking wow I'll get a set of Indy overalls, do it as a one off, keep em and never return, until we all started reading the " ingredients " label. Um nope we indeed returned them back on Sunday and I had Nomex, 1 layer sun drenched white in my kit I wasn't allowed to wear. On top of that, we had and I mean had to wear those Indy hats too. I wasn't allowed to wear my Tilly. Sure was a FTG weekend or weekends.
Thanks for that.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 08:44 (Ref:2933786)   #38
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
One thing I noticed is that Di Resta is starting to look a bit rattled by Sutil. That super cool demeanor isn't as obvious.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 09:25 (Ref:2933807)   #39
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I see pretty much every gravel trap now is gone. A real shame.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 10:41 (Ref:2933838)   #40
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it's been drizzling at the Hungaroring today, so looks like at least 40 laps are going to be led by a Mercedes SLS. I hear it's very easy on it's tyres so it won't pit very often, and we all know how difficult it'll be to overtake it at this circuit...
Old 31 Jul 2011, 11:32 (Ref:2933856)   #41
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
MB, DC, Lewis and Jenson doing a tyre change. I reckon MB will do okay, Jenson will do it gently so as not to put too much pressure on the tyre, Hamilton will drop it on his foot and DC will step back and let Hakkinen do his.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 11:48 (Ref:2933861)   #42
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
EJ: love lift Massa up where he belongs - on the F1 podium.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 12:04 (Ref:2933866)   #43
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Not a good start for either Ferrari.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 12:07 (Ref:2933869)   #44
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No grip. Marvellous.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 12:08 (Ref:2933870)   #45
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
DRS enabled. I'm out.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 12:11 (Ref:2933872)   #46
genevieve_autumn
Rookie

United Kingdom
London somedays, Dartford other days
genevieve_autumn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
No not a great start for Ferrari but great start for McLaren! Its exciting, will Hamilton overtake Vettell! ?
Old 31 Jul 2011, 12:12 (Ref:2933873)   #47
genevieve_autumn
Rookie

United Kingdom
Guess Hamilton can! As long as Button wins me my points I am happy. I think Vettel will get it back though, this will be a interesting race hopefully.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 12:14 (Ref:2933876)   #48
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic start, come on the mclaren Boys

Tyre choice will be key now on 1st stops
Old 31 Jul 2011, 12:16 (Ref:2933877)   #49
genevieve_autumn
Rookie

United Kingdom
Yes hope they don't loose position in their stops as what has happened to the Mclaren boys in the past.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 12:19 (Ref:2933878)   #50
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
It's meant to rain again in about 20 mins.