Liuzzi 0 0%
Other 2 1.57%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Aug 2011, 14:57 (Ref:2947732)   #51
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
gave it to button, some great overtaking
Old 29 Aug 2011, 16:25 (Ref:2947773)   #52
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
gave it to button, some great overtaking
As I think it was that Martin Brundle said: (To paraphrase) If you were to choose a race video to show how overtaking should be done by one driver, then that would be it.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 15:37 (Ref:2948355)   #53
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think i am starting to come around and expecting some solid racing, aggressive passes, and flexible strategy from Button on such a continual basis that i was not surprised by his drive at all...if that makes any sense.

in the end i gave it to TGF simply because i expected him to putter around and spend half the race stuck behind a mid to back field driver/car. luckily though Alguersuari was eliminated early from the race meaning MS wouldn't somehow end up stuck behind him!

seriously though, good performance from the old guy. maybe this is as close to a swan song as we will see but i hope we see more. one thing is certain and that is MS can still drive and deserves the seat...at 42!
Old 30 Aug 2011, 15:51 (Ref:2948358)   #54
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I don't understand why people think TGF did so outstandingly well at Spa. Here's an article by Joe Saward that explains why: http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/...s-at-mercedes/
Old 30 Aug 2011, 16:13 (Ref:2948375)   #55
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
to be fair i would have voted him regardless of whether or not he finished ahead of or behind his teammate. last to 5th or last to 6th is impressive and still remained for me the most impressive result of the race as i saw it.

Joe's article notwithstanding i didnt vote based on what the championship table looked like after but solely on the strength of this one race.

but if afterthoughts and post race info are required to make a vote then i suppose it should have gone to the Red Bull drivers as they threw caution to the wind and drove with a tire setup against Pirelli's wishes...an extra element of danger but not a lot of votes for them either.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 16:21 (Ref:2948379)   #56
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I don't understand why people think TGF did so outstandingly well at Spa. Here's an article by Joe Saward that explains why: http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/...s-at-mercedes/
I think some of us (myself included) were relieved he could still pull a result out of the bag though. I agree it wasn't amazing, but it was a very good drive and he still finished ahead of Rosberg. You could say the same about Button, who also benefited from the safety car, did he not?
Old 30 Aug 2011, 17:03 (Ref:2948409)   #57
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Irrespective of the switch it was still a good drive.

Although I only voted for him because he is British.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 17:51 (Ref:2948441)   #58
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Love it!
Old 30 Aug 2011, 18:06 (Ref:2948451)   #59
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I think some of us (myself included) were relieved he could still pull a result out of the bag though. I agree it wasn't amazing, but it was a very good drive and he still finished ahead of Rosberg. You could say the same about Button, who also benefited from the safety car, did he not?
Yes, there's some truth in that, although him finishing ahead of Rosberg does seem to be down to team orders. I think there was also an element of nostalgia involved because of it being 20 years since he made his début at Spa.

Random fact: I think I'm right in saying he qualified 7th back then. Who qualified 7th this year? Don't worry, I'm not saying Bruno will ever approach TGF's level, but I do think he should be in F1 for the long haul now.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 18:42 (Ref:2948466)   #60
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, there's some truth in that, although him finishing ahead of Rosberg does seem to be down to team orders. I think there was also an element of nostalgia involved because of it being 20 years since he made his début at Spa.

Random fact: I think I'm right in saying he qualified 7th back then. Who qualified 7th this year? Don't worry, I'm not saying Bruno will ever approach TGF's level, but I do think he should be in F1 for the long haul now.
If you want to draw parallels they both qualified seventh, both had their races wrecked in the first lap and both left with their reputations enhanced by what they did in qualifying in spite of events in the race.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 18:55 (Ref:2948474)   #61
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
That article seems to completly ignore the fact that for the last phase of the race Rosberg was on Medium/Hard tyres whilst Schumacher behind was on Soft's and was constantly taking 0.6-1 second per lap out of Rosberg even before the call regarding fuel.

Schumacher would have moved up above Heidfeld and Petrov in the championship whether he finished 5th or 6th so thats one myth blown out of the water.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 19:03 (Ref:2948485)   #62
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1 View Post
That article seems to completly ignore the fact that for the last phase of the race Rosberg was on Medium/Hard tyres whilst Schumacher behind was on Soft's and was constantly taking 0.6-1 second per lap out of Rosberg even before the call regarding fuel.
Oh the tyres, it's always about the tyres.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 19:09 (Ref:2948491)   #63
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
If you want to draw parallels they both qualified seventh, both had their races wrecked in the first lap and both left with their reputations enhanced by what they did in qualifying in spite of events in the race.
I like that. Thank you very much!
Old 30 Aug 2011, 20:11 (Ref:2948542)   #64
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Except that in one case it was down to mechanical failure, in the other it was driver inexperience. Sorry to be desillusionist.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 20:15 (Ref:2948551)   #65
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
Except that in one case it was down to mechanical failure, in the other it was driver inexperience. Sorry to be desillusionist.
I know that, Kempi; I'm not taking the comparison seriously, it's just a nice thought. As long as Bruno is in F1 for good and does the family name proud I shall be more than happy.
Old 1 Sep 2011, 23:28 (Ref:2949678)   #66
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Vettel -started a compromised car, had to run an unfavourable pit strategy, nailed the safety car opportunity, and dominated the race.

Special mention to Schumacher and Button for excellent races.
Old 3 Sep 2011, 14:43 (Ref:2950300)   #67
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Voted Senna because he did better than expected. Specially in qualifying.
Honourable mention to Maldonado, who scored his first championship point.
Old 4 Sep 2011, 23:18 (Ref:2950914)   #68
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TFG - no doubt - Button also brilliant. Super race.