Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the race?
Lewis Hamilton 15 27.27%
Nico Rosberg 10 18.18%
Sebastian Vettel 1 1.82%
Daniel Ricciardo 3 5.45%
Jenson Button 12 21.82%
Valtteri Bottas 5 9.09%
Felipe Massa 0 0%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Jean-Eric Vergne 1 1.82%
Sergio Perez 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Kimi Raikkonen 1 1.82%
Esteban Gutierrez 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 4 7.27%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Pastor Maldonado 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 1 1.82%
Max Chilton 0 0%
Kamui Kobayashi 0 0%
Jules Bianchi 1 1.82%
Adrian Sutil 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Oct 2014, 06:25 (Ref:3464319)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race: Russian Grand Prix

Who was your driver of the race?
Old 13 Oct 2014, 06:46 (Ref:3464323)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rosberg for me, great recovery and awesome stint on 1 set of tyres.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 06:56 (Ref:3464326)   #3
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button cos he's obviously still got it.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 07:17 (Ref:3464339)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nico's recovery was good indeed but that car is just so good, so Jenson for me too. He is driving really well at the moment despite being incredibly downbeat.

Bianchi should surely not be on that list.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 13 Oct 2014, 08:00 (Ref:3464348)   #5
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Magnussen, he and Button got a good chance to get in the Top 5.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 08:21 (Ref:3464362)   #6
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton, for not putting a wheel wrong during the race. Rosberg was an obvious close second.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 08:23 (Ref:3464364)   #7
doug911
Racer

United Kingdom
York
doug911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It couldn't be Rosberg....schoolboy error at the first corner seen to that. Toss-up between Button who didn't put a foot wrong and extracted 100% from his car and Hamilton who was also faultless and won the race too so gets my vote.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 09:27 (Ref:3464385)   #8
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Rosberg was the author of his own downfall, so cant vote for him.

I went for Bottas, but could equally have voted for Hamilton or Button or maybe Ricciardo, all of whom drove good clean races, beating each of their number 1 rivals.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 09:28 (Ref:3464386)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not easy to choose in such a limited race, but I'll go for Hamilton. Didn't put a foot wrong., while 'others' around him faltered again.....
Old 13 Oct 2014, 09:28 (Ref:3464387)   #10
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Button gets the nod, I'm not sure that the McLaren was expected to be up there at the end. Hamilton drove a faultless race but had no competition once Rosberg had removed himself from the equation so didn't really have to try. Strong drive from Bottas again and Magnussen.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 10:09 (Ref:3464408)   #11
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Personally I can not find a reason to vote for anyone, no one did anything that raised them above the potential of their car.

I suppose I could do what seems to be the popular option and vote with my heart instead of my head.

Yeah! Massa, no doubt about it.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 10:14 (Ref:3464413)   #12
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hamilton, obviously.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 10:17 (Ref:3464417)   #13
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Button did well. You either flounder under the pressure or you hold your own. He held his own.

Rosberg screwed up that first corner which was annoying as he actually had the handle on that corner. Some great moves from him throughout the race there.

I'll give it to Button. I haven't given it to Hamilton as I don't think he was sufficiently tested.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 10:24 (Ref:3464419)   #14
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
Magnussen, he and Button got a good chance to get in the Top 5.
I didn't vote for either of them but I can't see how Magnussen could rate higher then Button?
Edit: Ahh, the flag
Old 13 Oct 2014, 12:00 (Ref:3464456)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Button.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 14:33 (Ref:3464512)   #16
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It can't be Nico - because of the mistake he made. Saying all of that, he did a fantastic recovery drive - but did have the car to do that sort of thing.

Superb drives from both of the McLaren drivers. That McLaren is now working a lot better with the updates. I'll give particular mention to Jenson for his drive to 4th.

Another good drive from Riccardio. After being overshadowed by his teammate in the two previous races, he is back to beating him again.

Alonso had a pretty decent drive on an alternative strategy and made it to 5th.

Someone who hasn't been mentioned - Bottas. The guy very nearly got pole. He was in second for most of the race - and drove superbly without making any mistakes - just got overtaken by a much faster car - which was sort of inevitable.

However, when all is said and done, there can be only one - Lewis. He got pole and drove the race without making any mistakes. Perhaps one of his easier wins with Nico dropping back - but it's not to take anything away from him for taking the initiative with pole on the day before. The momentum seems to have swung back to him for the WDC.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 14:57 (Ref:3464525)   #17
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Button, great drive from a true gent who seems sorely undervalued by his team, can't believe they'd even consider letting Alonso BUY one of their cars let alone race for them (if that is indeed under consideration). Jenson always comes across as constructive and it's sad to see him appear a little downbeat. Look at his record v Hamilton (who matched Alonso in "07) and v Perez and Magnusson. The McMerc is still a poor car (by McLaren standards) and presumably is still running slightly older spec motors.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 16:46 (Ref:3464569)   #18
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrumpet View Post
Button, great drive from a true gent who seems sorely undervalued by his team, can't believe they'd even consider letting Alonso BUY one of their cars let alone race for them (if that is indeed under consideration). Jenson always comes across as constructive and it's sad to see him appear a little downbeat. Look at his record v Hamilton (who matched Alonso in "07) and v Perez and Magnusson. The McMerc is still a poor car (by McLaren standards) and presumably is still running slightly older spec motors.
Exactly. Button is underrated. Look at the stats. He's the only man to beat Vettel to a WDC in the 2009-13 era, has the second most wins of that era, outscored Hamilton in their years together (and was more often than not a match on race day, several times just being plain and simply faster, especially in 2011, when he was the best driver on the grid bar none in the 2nd half of the season), is still the best driver in tricky conditions, and by a comfortable margin, and doesn't rip his team apart - if anything he's a positive influence.

How Ron Dennis can let an angry man who's past his prime and would rip the team spirit apart and ruin the potentially glittering career of Kevin Magnussen in to his team is odd. Alonso is fast, but recently on form I'd have Button. If he had a RBR in Japan he would've really pushed Hamilton for the win (and probably taken it with his wet weather ability - remember him lapping 1.5s faster than Hamilton at China in the same cars back in 2010?). If he had the Merc he'd not only mentally be stronger than Mr Fragile (Hamilton) but would actually be able to overtake him without crashing (Rosberg). He doesn't succumb to pressure at all, is the most fair racer out there, but still can be very aggressive when he needs to be (his antics with Perez and Spa this year prove he certainly still has the racers edge). It seems that everyone wants him to go. He's a proven WDC and one of the most underrated drivers probably in F1 history, considering he's brushed aside when Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton are mentioned. He's at that level and has frequently passed it.

Which makes me wonder: am I the only one who would be totally unmoved to see Alonso out of F1 next season?
Old 13 Oct 2014, 20:40 (Ref:3464640)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Bottas gets my vote this time
Old 13 Oct 2014, 20:46 (Ref:3464643)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Biscuits man, you cannot seriously think Button is worth more than Alonso in ability?!!!

JEV gets my vote for the race. The guy who provided the excitement in the early stages. Great racing!

Ferrari, Lotus, whoever.. sign the man fgs!
Old 13 Oct 2014, 21:12 (Ref:3464657)   #21
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would like to give it to Button as I am a fan and he drove a great race. I hope McLaren keeps him. Hamilton was under pressure to do well and he drove a faultless race so I gave it to him. Rosberg performed a great recovery, but ultimately due to his own mistake. If somehow Rosberg's initial blunder was not his own fault, then I would consider giving him driver of the race.

Richard
Old 13 Oct 2014, 22:25 (Ref:3464704)   #22
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Alonso is a very consistent, strong driver.

As a team player though, if the team combusts, he does too. He needs his team. He's not Schumacher in the sense that in crisis he takes leadership outside of the car as well.

I don't know how Button fares in his team out of the car. He has a searing talent, yes, but also can go off the boil dramatically. He often has a car that isn't to his liking which suggests he's not at one with the team. The fact that he's been left hanging in uncertainty tends to support that.

If a team is settled, Alonso is an asset. If a team is reorganising itself it's a risk. I don't know if you can count on Alonso to lead outside of the car too.

I think Alonso wanted to be at Mercedes. Alonso now finds himself a bit stuck and is trying for the 2nd best option. That's not a good state of mind methinks.
Old 14 Oct 2014, 02:15 (Ref:3464779)   #23
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I give this to Lewis he drove a faultless race.. He was so calm and collected when Nico dive bombed down the side of him..

I have to mention Jenson he is such a talented driver.. If I were McLaren I would keep him at least for next year to help with the development of the new car and power unit..
Old 14 Oct 2014, 04:19 (Ref:3464805)   #24
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nico, back through the field to second. Impressive!
Old 14 Oct 2014, 04:26 (Ref:3464807)   #25
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
McLaren did go downhill after Hamilton left, so perhaps Button isn't really one with the team. He's still a pretty capable driver, but yeah as above he does sometimes seem to disappear into the field, but then he'll do a couple of fantastic drives like the last 2 races.

Overall though, kmag has been pretty even with Button, and that shouldn't really happen from a rookie. Kmags just been a bit unlucky in not finishing where he should have, sometimes through rookie mistakes.

I don't think you can compare Button to Alonso though. Alonso vs Button may be no different to Alonso vs Kimi. I guess we might find out next year if they keep him over kmag.

Anyway dotr, I can't see how Hamilton can get it, he cruised around only a smidgen faster than Bottas, and Rosberg closed considerably on him throughout the race despite older tyres and having to pass everyone. How does that make him dotr?

Probably has to go to Bottas. He stayed with the Mercs and in comparison to Massa, he was over a minute ahead. That's not the equivalent of coming through the field - Rosberg did that and was only 13s behind Hamilton at the end.