Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Nov 2020, 11:34 (Ref:4015962)   #976
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Good to know you are watching over us John. Mike would of corrected me.
Yes, he would 'have' corrected you!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 11 Nov 2020, 14:56 (Ref:4016006)   #977
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Old 11 Nov 2020, 18:30 (Ref:4016033)   #978
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Didn't I read in last year's changes that medicals for 70+ was now every 2 years?
Or is that just the ECG for internationals?

I think you may be right, but I didn't have one this year - could have got my licence on previous medical, but as we weren't out to play didn't renew it...and as I hit 70 this year I'll definitely need one in 2021......
Old 12 Nov 2020, 03:19 (Ref:4016093)   #979
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Yes, he would 'have' corrected you!
We have a winner. Pure gold.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 12:37 (Ref:4018836)   #980
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just announced that Leicestershire and Leicester is going to be in the new Tier 3 from 2 Dec.

“You can’t mix with other households indoors, or in private gardens or pub gardens”
“You can meet in a group of up to six in other outdoor spaces such as parks”
“Hospitality venues must close except for takeaways”
“No spectator sports”
“People are advised not to travel to and from tier three areas”

Hmmm, not sure what this means for the track day Delta and I had planned for Mallory on 4 Dec or the Dukeries Rally at Donington Park on 6 Dec yet, no doubt MUK and the organisers will tell us soon but difficult.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 12:43 (Ref:4018838)   #981
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Just announced that Leicestershire and Leicester is going to be in the new Tier 3 from 2 Dec.

“You can’t mix with other households indoors, or in private gardens or pub gardens”
“No spectator sports”

Hmmm, not sure what this means for the track day Delta and I had planned for Mallory on 4 Dec or the Dukeries Rally at Donington Park on 6 Dec yet, no doubt MUK and the organisers will tell us soon but difficult.
Yes, blooming frustrating Andy, but I thought this is what would happen to us. Luckily this pandemic has turned me into an even more anti-social and
miserable old bugger, so it won't really affect me!
Old 26 Nov 2020, 12:58 (Ref:4018841)   #982
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post

“No spectator sports”

I will call Javelin
Old 26 Nov 2020, 13:01 (Ref:4018843)   #983
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Plum Pudding at Mallory Park cancelled and Donington saying Rally will run behind closed doors. Shame, I was looking forward to walk in parkland on the Derbyshire / Leicestershire border on 6th December.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 13:02 (Ref:4018844)   #984
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
They are not sure Andy.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 13:39 (Ref:4018852)   #985
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Confirmation https://www.autosport.com/historics/...etro-postponed
Old 26 Nov 2020, 13:40 (Ref:4018853)   #986
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
They are not sure Andy.
Thanks Iain.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 13:45 (Ref:4018855)   #987
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Yes, blooming frustrating Andy, but I thought this is what would happen to us. Luckily this pandemic has turned me into an even more anti-social and
miserable old bugger, so it won't really affect me!
I must admit that I had not really expected it, I was assuming that we would be in Tier 2. Not sure I understand how largely rural areas like NW Leicestershire can be in Tier 3 but urban areas such as Liverpool and London are now in Tier 2. I am also not sure that I have seen the definitive, objective criteria that is being used to decide which area is in which Tier.
Annoying.
Is that selfish? Possibly, but I am following the advice so don’t think I can be blamed for the infection rates!
Old 26 Nov 2020, 13:50 (Ref:4018859)   #988
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Although I am continuing to follow the rules despite seeing many around showing scant regard for everything I am also becoming more doubtful about the real reason for all of these lockdowns & restrictions.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 17:04 (Ref:4018898)   #989
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
if people had stuck by the rules we would not be in the present situation. I appreciate the hard work that MSUK have put in to keep some motorsport going but is hard to justify if the local football and rugby teams can't play. My club voted to stop events until there are no restrictions for that reason.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 17:09 (Ref:4018899)   #990
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Although I am continuing to follow the rules despite seeing many around showing scant regard for everything I am also becoming more doubtful about the real reason for all of these lockdowns & restrictions.
Ahem,
ready made Tinfoil Hats can be purchased on Amazon for a modest 0.99 pounds, plus the postage, of course
much more convenient than making one yourself and many classic and modern designs to chose from.

RudE
Old 26 Nov 2020, 17:18 (Ref:4018902)   #991
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Luckily this pandemic has turned me into an even more anti-social and miserable old bugger, so it won't really affect me!
The official reference is Boobool's attitude!

Thanks to Rudolf I had to Google Tin Hat… C'est malin!
Old 26 Nov 2020, 17:36 (Ref:4018905)   #992
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Javelin are saying on Facebook:
"
Following government announcements earlier today we can confirm that events in December should still be taking place as normal starting with Mallory Park on the 4th.

The previous measures on social distancing will still be in place throughout. Please note that you may face some restrictions on overnight accommodation within high Tier areas so please check and plan accordingly well ahead of the events.

We will keep you up to date should anything change based on further announcements."
Old 26 Nov 2020, 23:00 (Ref:4018950)   #993
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Please note that you may face some restrictions on overnight accommodation within high Tier areas

An odd consequence is an email from the Caravan & Motorhome Club (joined for cheap insurance, honest) saying that not only would all their sites in tier 3 areas be closed, but other sites would not accept bookings from people from tier 3 areas. Persona non grata. Next we'll have to ring a handbell when we venture out!
Old 27 Nov 2020, 10:44 (Ref:4019034)   #994
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
At least they got in contact with people to let them know. I guess it wasn't meant to be, seems they've unfortunately closed off all loopholes. Don't worry, sometime next year the fun of camping should be back!
Old 27 Nov 2020, 10:55 (Ref:4019035)   #995
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
An odd consequence is an email from the Caravan & Motorhome Club (joined for cheap insurance, honest) saying that not only would all their sites in tier 3 areas be closed, but other sites would not accept bookings from people from tier 3 areas. Persona non grata. Next we'll have to ring a handbell when we venture out!
I used to belong to them for the same reason. Really embarrassed when the postie delivered the magazine.

At least one of our regular kart tracks turned away drivers from T3 last time the system was in use. They're now in T3 themselves, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 23 Dec 2020, 18:15 (Ref:4024823)   #996
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
The new variant of the virus is extremely bad news and I think could spell the end for some event organisers, who after barely clinging on this year after event cancellations will see advance ticket sales (and essential cash flow) vanish. Bear in mind that those who transferred 2020 tickets to 2021, will have already band and probably spent that money staying in business this year, so 'new' advance ticket sales are even more critical.

We have the vaccine, but the timescale for rolling that out UK wide is uncertain and I doubt the majority of the population will have been done by the summer and it looks like the new variant impacts the young more.

Dark times still to be an event business, just when light at the end of the tunnel was hoped for...
Old 24 Dec 2020, 10:31 (Ref:4024996)   #997
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We can but hope this new tier 4 can control the spread of this new variant and keep our fingers crossed it doesn't reach the previous levels. However they are already talking about getting more people on the first vaccine before rolling out the second one
Old 24 Dec 2020, 11:44 (Ref:4025013)   #998
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
However they are already talking about getting more people on the first vaccine before rolling out the second one

No, they are not; Blair did. Past politicians should keep their noses out of current affairs, especially that man, and his chum Brown.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 11:45 (Ref:4025015)   #999
S griffin
Veteran

I’d rather listen to them their our current PM....
Old 24 Dec 2020, 15:42 (Ref:4025076)   #1000
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Like who?
Boris is not that good but he’s been given a crappy hand.
Prefer Blair, Thatcher, Cameron,May,Brown?Alternative Trump or George W?
Not much of a selection is it?