Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jul 2020, 14:05 (Ref:3985554)   #76
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nothing sweeter than taking pole whilst skittering across the grass backwards.

Half a second around A1 Ring is just crazy, where do you even lose that time?

Norris star of the show?
Old 4 Jul 2020, 14:06 (Ref:3985555)   #77
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Shall I start the conspiracy theory that Bottas ran off through the gravel on purpose?

Haha. If he did he nailed it perfectly bar the silly pirouette on the grass afterwards
Old 4 Jul 2020, 14:07 (Ref:3985556)   #78
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Is there any doubt now, that ferrari had a dodgy engine last year? Only 19th fastest on the straights.....
It is absolutely killing Alfa Romeo as well. Brick of a chassis, a far from ideal driver lineup and now an engine that has been neutered.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 14:08 (Ref:3985557)   #79
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like these dressing tables they've got on the track for the drivers.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 14:08 (Ref:3985558)   #80
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting grid. The faster Mercedes all weekend is second starting on the dirty side, Max on medium. Interesting
Old 4 Jul 2020, 14:11 (Ref:3985559)   #81
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ricciardo takes the prize for the first proper moan over the radio, "there was a yellow for nothing" despite Bottas facing the wrong way on the grass.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 14:15 (Ref:3985561)   #82
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Ricciardo takes the prize for the first proper moan over the radio, "there was a yellow for nothing" despite Bottas facing the wrong way on the grass.
To be fair, I couldn’t spot Bottas on the replay from Daniels car...his eyes won’t be looking that far off the track lol
Old 4 Jul 2020, 14:18 (Ref:3985562)   #83
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Feel like Ric will be doing a lot of moaning this year.

Love that those two spectators found their way to that mountain trail road!
Old 4 Jul 2020, 14:21 (Ref:3985563)   #84
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Well guess that sky interview with Ric ended that lol...back to the jokey Daniel
Old 4 Jul 2020, 14:29 (Ref:3985565)   #85
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Is there any doubt now, that ferrari had a dodgy engine last year? Only 19th fastest on the straights.....
with Leclerc beeing 9 tenths slower than his pole last year, Vettel 11th en all costumer teams fighting Williams at the back there's no doubt at all.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 14:55 (Ref:3985571)   #86
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's no doubt Ferrari have lost something, but since the clarifications at the end of last year they're even further back, relatively. I think Renault must have made a big step forward also.

Anyone else slightly relieved that the Pink Merc hasn't quite escaped the midfield? Good to see Renault and McLaren right up there with them.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 15:02 (Ref:3985572)   #87
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo View Post
Anyone else slightly relieved that the Pink Merc hasn't quite escaped the midfield? Good to see Renault and McLaren right up there with them.
I wouldn’t say I’m relieved.....I’m probably more glad that it’s put them at the front of the fight with mclaren, ferrari and Renault....just makes that fight even more interesting.

If I’m relieved about anything it’s Willliams. They are at least respectable this year.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 15:08 (Ref:3985575)   #88
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
There's no doubt Ferrari have lost something, but since the clarifications at the end of last year they're even further back, relatively. I think Renault must have made a big step forward also.

After yesterday's performance, I was expecting Perez to be about 4th.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 15:39 (Ref:3985580)   #89
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I like these dressing tables they've got on the track for the drivers.
It gives watch man something to do instead of coordinating the room of awkwardness.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 15:43 (Ref:3985583)   #90
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Yes, same. Or higher even.

To me, it wouldn't feel right if a good copy of someone else's car was a better approach than being fully original - especially if they just dropped into the gap between the class "A" and "B" teams and pushed the others further back into obscurity without also pushing on to join the group ahead.

Looks like we've got a good battle on though. Especially with Ferrari in there too.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 4 Jul 2020, 15:50 (Ref:3985584)   #91
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, same. Or higher even.

To me, it wouldn't feel right if a good copy of someone else's car was a better approach than being fully original - especially if they just dropped into the gap between the class "A" and "B" teams and pushed the others further back into obscurity without also pushing on to join the group ahead.

Looks like we've got a good battle on though. Especially with Ferrari in there too.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Well, you say that but to be able to accurately ‘copy’ the intricacies of an F1 car and make it work with just photos takes real skill....it’s not like they had all of Mercedes designs and copied them into their CNC machine!

Teams copy ideas all the time....Racing Point just took it to the Nth degree
Old 4 Jul 2020, 16:23 (Ref:3985595)   #92
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton's been summoned to the stewards to discuss a possible infraction of yellow flag rules.

Normal service really has been resumed!
Old 4 Jul 2020, 16:28 (Ref:3985597)   #93
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Hamilton's been summoned to the stewards to discuss a possible infraction of yellow flag rules.

Normal service really has been resumed!
Yeh basically set his fastest lap under yellow. Surprised it wasn’t picked up earlier tbh

Slam dunk 3 place penalty probably
Old 4 Jul 2020, 16:29 (Ref:3985599)   #94
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, it seemed like his interview he acknowledged seeing a puff of dust and then Bottas ready to come back on but his lap was faster. Guess the sector breakdowns will determine where he made it up, if he made up more time in 1 and 3 then guess he's in the clear. Although that final corner looked like Nascar track limits, when with the generous full curb usage allowance.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 16:30 (Ref:3985600)   #95
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I think it would be little harsh if he was penalised. As it is, the yellow seemed to catch him off guard and ruin his final qualifying lap.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 16:34 (Ref:3985601)   #96
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

He is being looked into for track limits as well, presumably that was his first flyer which looked well out to me.

I am not sure the yellow flag infringement was so heinous, but wouldn't be surprised if he was ruled against.

But yes, potentially no times on the board for Lewis. Good start!
Old 4 Jul 2020, 16:38 (Ref:3985602)   #97
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oooo.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 16:38 (Ref:3985603)   #98
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

That said, it was just a three place penalty for Max in Mexico now I think, so possibly not total doom.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 16:42 (Ref:3985605)   #99
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis beeing called to the stewards for 2 things:

Old 4 Jul 2020, 16:43 (Ref:3985607)   #100
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
He is being looked into for track limits as well, presumably that was his first flyer which looked well out to me.

I am not sure the yellow flag infringement was so heinous, but wouldn't be surprised if he was ruled against.

But yes, potentially no times on the board for Lewis. Good start!
Before Qualifying started, the commentary team on Sky said that race control would get tough on drivers exceeding track limits, so fair enough.