Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Mar 2019, 17:49 (Ref:3888950)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Egg 2019 Predictions Time Capsule

Make 5 bold or at least precise (and quantifiable) predictions (or more if you like) about the season to come. They don't need to necessarily be what you think is most likely, but you can stick your neck out a bit or a lot. At the end of the season, we will open the thread and laugh at just wrong we were.

I will go with:

Williams will score at least 5 points.
Räikkönen will score at least double Giovinazzi's points tally.
Hamilton will win his sixth championship and at the final race.
Kvyat will be replaced again during the season.
Leclerc will finish runner-up in the championship with at least 4 wins.
Old 7 Mar 2019, 19:09 (Ref:3888961)   #2
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I probably should wait until much closer to the first race to do predictions, but I might forget otherwise. Here is mine! Some of these are longshots, but what is the fun of playing the odds on everything.

1. Claire Williams will move aside as deputy team principle before the end of the season but will remain on the Williams Grand Prix Holdings board. No clue who might replace her.
2. Russell will outperform Kubica over the totality of the season.
3. Red Bull will win six races.
4. Hamilton will win WDC.
5. Shocking a long line of naysayers, Kvyat will have a good season, outperform Albon and redeem himself.

Bonus (doesn't count in my five)

A. Kubica will retire from F1 at end of the season
B. There will be public drama between Haas and Rich Energy over sponsorship payments.
C. Mercedes will have four retirements due to reliability issues.

Richard
Old 7 Mar 2019, 19:49 (Ref:3888968)   #3
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Russell will outperform Kubica over the totality of the season.

Shocking a long line of naysayers, Kvyat will have a good season, outperform Albon and redeem himself.
How are we going to quantify these ones? Shall we say outperforming is beating on points?
Old 7 Mar 2019, 20:02 (Ref:3888973)   #4
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso will race
Leclerc will finish more races than Vettel but still be behind in points
Kimi will win Monaco
RBR will beat Renault to 3rd in the WCC
Perez and Stroll will get into a fight...might be with the kid might be with the dad!
Old 7 Mar 2019, 20:06 (Ref:3888975)   #5
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
How are we going to quantify these ones? Shall we say outperforming is beating on points?
Sorry, yes, points scored was my intent. For both the Williams and TR driver battles.

Richard
Old 7 Mar 2019, 20:18 (Ref:3888978)   #6
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1. Ross Brawn's team will win the... Oh, hang on, that was 10 years ago!

So

1. Hamilton will win the title again
2. Vettel will leave Ferrari at the end of the season
3. Kubica won't make it to the end of the season
4. Morris will be hammered both on points and finishing positions by Sainz
5. Verstappen will fight someone and end up being benched for at least one weekend
Old 7 Mar 2019, 20:48 (Ref:3888991)   #7
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
1. Kimi will podium the Alfa
2. Kubica will not race at all events
3. Ferrari will win Constructors Championship
4. Norris will out qualify Sainz on at least 5 occasions
5. Gasly will run out of talent and crash in at least 4 races.

And a bonus

6. Leclerc will finish ahead of Bottas in the Drivers Champ.

Bonkers bet (that's mad prediction)
7. Giovinazzi will be replaced before end of the season.
Old 7 Mar 2019, 21:59 (Ref:3888999)   #8
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
1. Kimi will podium the Alfa
2. Kubica will not race at all events
3. Ferrari will win Constructors Championship
4. Norris will out qualify Sainz on at least 5 occasions
5. Gasly will run out of talent and crash in at least 4 races.

And a bonus

6. Leclerc will finish ahead of Bottas in the Drivers Champ.

Bonkers bet (that's mad prediction)
7. Giovinazzi will be replaced before end of the season.
I think #6 may a requirement for #3. I almost picked something similar. I was thinking very tight battle between Hamilton and Vettel and Leclerc very much out performing Bottas.

Apologies if thread is for predictions only and not discussion.

Richard
Old 7 Mar 2019, 22:53 (Ref:3889021)   #9
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok, let's roll the dice...

1. Vettel to win the WDC.
2. Williams to end the season on zero points.
3. A new Grand Prix winning driver.
4. Hulk to get a podium, but still lose to Ricciardo in the points standings.
5. Haas to get a podium.
Old 8 Mar 2019, 00:17 (Ref:3889031)   #10
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
1. Hamilton will not win a fifth straight title
2. Mercedes will not win the constructors championship
3. Gasly will not win a race
4. Hulkenberg will finally get a podium finish
5. Bottas will get at least one win AND a contract extension before the end of the season
Old 8 Mar 2019, 08:56 (Ref:3889081)   #11
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
1. Leclerc will get his first win
2. RBR-Honda will get a podium in the first half of the season
3. Norris will end the season as highest place rookie
4. Stroll will get a surprise podium
5. Albon will outscore Kyvat
Old 8 Mar 2019, 11:27 (Ref:3889122)   #12
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
1. Vettel wins the drivers championship.
2. Ferrari will win the constructors championship.
3. Leclerc will win 2 races
4. Claire Williams will step down with the car way off the back.
5. Hulk will get his first podium

And;
6. It will be announced that Bottas will be replaced for 2020.
7. Red Bull will not win a race.
8. Perez will thrash Stroll.
9. Renault will establish themselves in 4th position.
10. McLaren will make some progress but not enough. Zak Brown will be replaced - hopefully cos he talks too much and says nothing.
Old 9 Mar 2019, 20:20 (Ref:3889357)   #13
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Hulkenberg will get more podiums than Ricciardo
2. Ferrari 1-2 in the drivers championship
3. 2 more new or returning races in 2020 announced (so 3 with Vietnam)
4. Verstappen roles it
5. Somebody flies in Baku (to avoid ambiguity, all 4 wheels off the ground without touching a barrier or another car)

Bonus:
Markelov confirmed for a 2020 race seat
Old 10 Mar 2019, 07:56 (Ref:3889409)   #14
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ferrari will win Constructors Championship.
Leclerc will score more points than Bottas.
A Renault powered car will get a podium.
Kimi will get a podium in the Alfa Romeo.
Hulkenberg will be leading Ricciardo by the mid-season break.

(Bonus 1) Ricciardo will lead Hulkenberg by the end of the season.
(Bonus 2) Kubica will retire before the end of the season.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 10:38 (Ref:3889427)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not sure Ferrari will win either title. And Leclerc will be good, but I think Bottas will have a better season this year. Renault power will probably be no better than it has been. Kimi though, he can do wonders in that Alfa.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 18:15 (Ref:3889480)   #16
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1 - Lewis Hamilton will lead the championship into the summer break...
2 - ...but Lewis Hamilton will not win the WDC
3 - Both Red Bull drivers score more podiums than Bottas
4 - Ricciardo scores Renault's first 2 podiums...
5 - ...but Hulkenberg outscores him, and finally gets that podium finish this season

Bonus:

6 - George Russell scores the only points for Williams
7 - Kvyat outscores Albon, but also pleases his detractors by rolling his car twice this season
8 - The Baku race is red flagged at least twice and reaches the 4 hour time limit before the laps are completed
9 - The British Grand Prix has the highest turnout of the season when it happens, but still will have no contract in place for 2020
10 - Sebastian Vettel crashes into Charles Leclerc in 3 separate Grand Prix weekends - but not necessarily in the races themselves!
Old 10 Mar 2019, 19:19 (Ref:3889517)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

I think Lewis will find it tougher and who knows with Red Bull. Personally I think Ricciardo will do better than Hulk, because, well he’s a better driver

And I really think Russell is in the wrong team, if only he was in something like a Haas. And Vettel will find it tougher too
Old 11 Mar 2019, 12:10 (Ref:3889626)   #18
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
1. After keeping their criticism at a minimum for the first few races, Red Bull will start publicly complaining about Honda before the half way point of the season.

2. Renault will be the first of the non-big-three teams to score a podium.

3. Kubica will announce his retirement from F1 before the end of the season, after a year of struggling in an non-competitive car.

4. McLaren will finish 6th in the WCC.

5. Bottas will win in Russia.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 19:04 (Ref:3889726)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

I think Red Bull could be in trouble, with or without Honda. Renault should do ok. And Kubica how many races will he last. Still watch for Bottas. McLaren have got someway to go before they are near the front again
Old 12 Mar 2019, 09:42 (Ref:3889841)   #20
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. 2 new race winners
2. Vettel becomes 5 times world champions
3 One driver will flip the car
4. Norris will be best rookie
5 3 wet races
Old 12 Mar 2019, 11:29 (Ref:3889861)   #21
ArcticRacing
Rookie

France
France
ArcticRacing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
  • Toro Rosso will have very a good season with some podiums
  • Leclerc will win a race or more
  • Perez & Stroll will crash together... many time...
  • Ferrari will win the constructors championship
  • Russell will outperform Kubica
Old 12 Mar 2019, 20:37 (Ref:3889975)   #22
S griffin
Veteran

I think STR will have a tough season and I doubt Racing point will repeat the mistakes that happened at FI
Old 13 Mar 2019, 05:53 (Ref:3890033)   #23
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Kind of addictive this thread!

Here goes nothing:

1. Lewis WDC again
2. Mercedes WCC again
3. Order in WDC - Hamilton, Vettel, Leclerc, Bottas, Verstappen, Ricciardo
4. Order in WCC - Mercedes, Ferrari, RBR Honda, Renault
5. McLaren will finish 2nd last and Williams last in WCC
6. Williams won't score a point
7. Kubica will not last 4 races before replacement.
8. Ocon will be signed by Mercedes for 2020
9. Cars' ability to follow one another will be unchanged.
10, Overtaking of "push to pass" nature will be more rife with bigger DRS flaps.

I will hope for lots of upsets in my predictions.

Last edited by wnut; 13 Mar 2019 at 05:59.
Old 14 Mar 2019, 01:51 (Ref:3890283)   #24
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
More in hope than certainty!
1. New aero and DRS will move the ability to pass for position to the top 6.
2. Current Ferrari v Mercedes domination will last until mid season break.
Only break in that domination will be Monaco which will be battle between Riciardo and Verstafen.

3. RBR Honda and Renault will both Win races in 2nd half of season.
4. STR to pick up more than 1 podium
5. Williams to disappear from F1 at end of season
6. Hamilton to just hang onto lead in championship at end of season under pressure from Vettel, Leclerc, Riciardo and Verstaffen. He will then retire.
7.Final winning margin for Ferrari in WCC less than ten points

8.Honda will take over Williams slot for 2020 as factory team if they don't buy STR.
9. Fastest lap points will be important in establishing final order in both WDC and WCC.
10. At least 4 current GPs will not renew F1 status for 2020.
Old 14 Mar 2019, 11:18 (Ref:3890399)   #25
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Please note this thread will be locked before FP1.