Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Sep 2020, 19:51 (Ref:4006503)   #26
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well watched the highlights of quali and was surprised to hear Carlos saying he let hamilton past at the end of session 2 as he thought his earlier time was ok, If he had any sense he would have gone for it and let Hamilton miss the line before the flag. In which case Hamilton would have started 15th with no time recorded and he would have been starting 5th. Sounds horrid but them's the rules.
Certainly this is the strongest evidence that Hamilton will be going to Ferrari seen yet!
Old 26 Sep 2020, 21:05 (Ref:4006540)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Is there any news on the stewards inquiry into Lewis and the incident in q1
Old 26 Sep 2020, 21:19 (Ref:4006545)   #28
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Is there any news on the stewards inquiry into Lewis and the incident in q1
No further action, along with the other 4 called to the stewards for the same reason
Old 27 Sep 2020, 00:03 (Ref:4006579)   #29
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not sure i agree on Hamilton being compromised by his tyre choice. When he pits, Verstappen etc will pretty much be forced to pit as well or risk getting caught out by a safety car. its win win. Merc can keep Bottas on the alternate strategy as a just in case as history shows hes probably no realistic chance of challenging Hamilton for the win anyways. he will best be used as running interference and getting in the way of Red Bull.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 00:29 (Ref:4006587)   #30
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
There we are then, conclusive proof of Hamilton's endless luck and the team favouring him (rather than being on the wrong tyres, with the wrong position on track and mullering the car round to do enough to get into Q3).
It's anecdotal instead of conclusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Real messy session from Lewis but Q3 was killer.

I will never understand how sportsmen so quickly reset themselves and then immediately hit the absolute heights.
There's no pressure of genuine failure at MB.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 00:30 (Ref:4006589)   #31
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Do Bottas and Albon want the sack?! 0.6s and 1.2s behind their respective teammates, blimey...
It's not really that big a deal, as their results/performances are expendable (Bottas already has contract for next season).

I'd encourage you to listen from 24:00 - 28-30 of this podcast with Mika Hakkinen. I think it puts some context into how team go about it (Some I don't get anywhere else).

https://soundcloud.com/unibetfinland...on-2019-review
Old 27 Sep 2020, 08:15 (Ref:4006645)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post

There's no pressure of genuine failure at MB.
What does this mean?
Old 27 Sep 2020, 08:21 (Ref:4006647)   #33
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
It's anecdotal instead of conclusive.
It was conclusive evidence of me making a joke, just in case that wasn't obvious.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 08:53 (Ref:4006660)   #34
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hamilton only just getting into Q3 there before getting pole. Track limits are back again. Good effort from Max to get on the front row and well done Russell for getting into Q2
Old 27 Sep 2020, 09:38 (Ref:4006674)   #35
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Hamilton only just getting into Q3 there before getting pole. Track limits are back again. Good effort from Max to get on the front row and well done Russell for getting into Q2
Are you running on an 18 hour delay timer?
Old 27 Sep 2020, 10:50 (Ref:4006693)   #36
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
What does this mean?
There's no pressure of real, diminishing failure with Hamilton/MB.

Even if just isolate Q2, he was 4th quicker. Hardly a disastrous result, and more to do with organisation than genuine competitiveness.

Even if Hamilton was 15th, so what? It'll have little effect on the championship, and be an outlier. It'd probably give him an opportunity to really go for it. If he didn't get a good result, then he/MB just forget about it and move onto next week.

If any other driver/team did what Hamilton did at Monza, it'd be a huge blow because a rare opportunity for a win is lost. For Hamilton/MB, it's "Oh well, that's a shame. We'll get them next week."

Even with Bottas. Here and other forums/social media, people are laying the boots into him. But he's still 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
It was conclusive evidence of me making a joke, just in case that wasn't obvious.
Sorry.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:08 (Ref:4006707)   #37
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
LH already with an investigation in his pocket.

Race day already more interesting.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:14 (Ref:4006711)   #38
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Are you running on an 18 hour delay timer?

No, I have a thing called a life
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:18 (Ref:4006714)   #39
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That went well.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:19 (Ref:4006716)   #40
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
So Hamilton is under investigation, but given there is rubber on the road in front of him, someone has done it previously. Where’s their investigation?

Also Bottas running wide at turn 2 and didn’t go through the Bollards? Hamilton investigated for that yesterday
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:21 (Ref:4006717)   #41
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Oof. Sainz hit the end of that wall *hard*.

I hope the marshals behind that fence weren't leaning on, or very close to, that block. It moved a decent distance.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:23 (Ref:4006718)   #42
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
So Hamilton is under investigation, but given there is rubber on the road in front of him, someone has done it previously. Where’s their investigation?
There has been a bunch of support series and 2 other days of running...
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:25 (Ref:4006720)   #43
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That bollard setup just invites the kind of bone headed driving that Sainz just displayed. Dreadful design.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:27 (Ref:4006721)   #44
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
That bollard setup just invites the kind of bone headed driving that Sainz just displayed. Dreadful design.
A chicane not slow enough to slow you down, but fast enough to have a massive accident.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:27 (Ref:4006722)   #45
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Max vs ocon
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:29 (Ref:4006723)   #46
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
No, I have a thing called a life
11,231 posts here suggest otherwise
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:30 (Ref:4006724)   #47
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
LH already with an investigation in his pocket.

Race day already more interesting.
5s time penalty. Here we go again.

Edit: TWO 5s penalties.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:30 (Ref:4006726)   #48
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Penalty for LH.

#lucky
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:32 (Ref:4006727)   #49
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Penalty for LH.

#lucky
The horseshoe must be at home.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 11:40 (Ref:4006731)   #50
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Merc radio to Bottas "Make up the gap to Lewis". Bottas' race to lose now.

Meanwhile the gamer crew down the back seem to be having a bit of a ding-dong.