Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Feb 2020, 17:05 (Ref:3955508)   #26
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
for the most part i do agree with that, but for the top teams i think there is a desire to have more than a mock up in order to get their filming day/shakedown done before the first official test.

if their roll out is feb 12th at silverstone (although havent seen an official about their launch yet) then they will presumably get that in before Barcelona.
Old 3 Feb 2020, 17:54 (Ref:3955515)   #27
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
...although havent seen an official about their launch yet...
my bad. should have looked around before i posted that. sorry steve.
Old 6 Feb 2020, 14:08 (Ref:3956094)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Haas are the first to launch their 2020 car.

https://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/148153

Old 6 Feb 2020, 15:55 (Ref:3956109)   #29
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
as far as digital images go, this one is pretty boring!

i mean give it a nice background, stick it on top of a pyramid, have some fun with it right!
Old 6 Feb 2020, 22:14 (Ref:3956164)   #30
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Have Haas taken a leaf out of Racing Point’s book and tied up with a major manufacturer, in this case Porsche? Because that livery looks an awful lot like the works Porsche livery
Old 6 Feb 2020, 22:21 (Ref:3956168)   #31
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All 8 hours each of the 6 days of testing to be broadcast live on Sky Sports F1, Sky Italia F1 and on F1TV Pro subscription service in other countries.

F1.com announcement

Sky Sports UK announcement
Old 6 Feb 2020, 22:24 (Ref:3956169)   #32
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Have Haas taken a leaf out of Racing Point’s book and tied up with a major manufacturer, in this case Porsche? Because that livery looks an awful lot like the works Porsche livery
Sequence is wrong. Porsche is black-red-white, Haas is black-white-red.
Old 10 Feb 2020, 12:58 (Ref:3956742)   #33
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Mercedes livery reveal:

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/st...36419852763139
Old 10 Feb 2020, 14:36 (Ref:3956755)   #34
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
So I hate that I am about to make negative comments on livery because that is just what people do.

I think historically Mercedes has done a great job with their livery. I think the silver with the tri-star logo is very nice (2019 Alfa Romeo testing livery took that concept to a new level and I wish they had kept it for the full season). The Patronas teal color fit in very well. But as to the new INEOS red (or black to red gradient)? Not so much. I don't care for it. But you gotta do what your sponsors want! Force India/Racing Point/Aston Martin (or whatever they call themselves these days) know this all to well with their pink cars!

To be honest, I had no idea who INEOS was so I googled them (see that sponsorship is already working! ) And I see they using various colors on their corporate palette. Bicycle team uses the black to red, but America's cup is all black. I noticed the INEOS Grenadier project (again, something I didn't know existed) uses the red in it's website.

Richard
Old 10 Feb 2020, 15:43 (Ref:3956763)   #35
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
i also had to google Ineos

would like to know how much additional web traffic they got after the announcement.

while i really like that Merc signed/extended their sponsorship deal with Ineos and i like that one can infer that at this moment Merc are, for the foreseeable future, planning on staying in F1, i also dont like the colour choice..

something about the green/teal and the red/black on the front wing looks off to me. anyways, im sure i wont even notice after a race or two.

i cant tell if the red star for Niki is still on the engine cover or not (i hope it is).
Old 10 Feb 2020, 16:12 (Ref:3956774)   #36
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
i cant tell if the red star for Niki is still on the engine cover or not (i hope it is).
Thanks chillibowl! That comment triggered me to kick off the thread below. I hope it generates some interesting/informative posts.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3956773

Richard
Old 10 Feb 2020, 22:56 (Ref:3956883)   #37
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
The Ratcliffe Imeos deal may well lead to something much much bigger in the next couple of years.
Old 10 Feb 2020, 23:38 (Ref:3956884)   #38
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I quite like the livery. A little bid of red does something for Mercedes' minimalist look.

There's quite an interesting interview from the BBC, with Sir Jim Ratcliffe.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/51452874
Old 11 Feb 2020, 01:49 (Ref:3956892)   #39
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

I cant tell to be honest, but I do know that when it was introduced Toto said that the tribute was a forever move, as was the red Niki Lauda Autograph facsimile on the nose cone.
Quote:
Mercedes will keep the red three-pointed star on its Formula 1 car's engine cover and facsimile Niki Lauda autograph on the nose permanently.

Those livery tweaks and a red halo were adopted for the Monaco Grand Prix weekend in tribute to the team's non-executive chairman Lauda after his death earlier this week.

While the halo colour change is temporary, Mercedes motorsport chief Toto Wolff said the other Lauda touches would stay.

"I'm really happy how we started off this weekend with the red halo, and the little star - which is going to stay on the car forever - and the signature. It was nicely done," he said when asked about the livery changes by Autosport.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...ar-permanently

I also hope they have kept it s promised.
Old 11 Feb 2020, 16:12 (Ref:3956990)   #40
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
link to the ferrari launch.

https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/formula1/singleseater
Old 11 Feb 2020, 16:19 (Ref:3956995)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Roll on 18:30 CET.
Old 11 Feb 2020, 17:38 (Ref:3957014)   #42
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Im particularly enjoying the translator clearing their throat during the music portion if the show.

Quality sound effect!
Old 11 Feb 2020, 17:48 (Ref:3957017)   #43
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Im particularly enjoying the translator clearing their throat during the music portion if the show.

Quality sound effect!
Who was that with the glasses giving the introductory speech?
Old 11 Feb 2020, 17:49 (Ref:3957019)   #44
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
i missed the name.
Old 11 Feb 2020, 18:01 (Ref:3957021)   #45
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
They've gone for the Red Bull matt finish.
Old 11 Feb 2020, 19:23 (Ref:3957037)   #46
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
with a brighter red as well?

hard to tell what configuration the car was in (and i dont think those were the 2019 tires) but it looked more size zero/narrower at the back and the front wing looked to have some new elements/curves to it. something on the nose as well i thought was interesting.

looking forward to reading the technical analysis and of course seeing it in action.
Old 11 Feb 2020, 19:48 (Ref:3957054)   #47
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I believe the matt finish is supposed to generate less drag than the high gloss finishes by energizing the boundary layer.
Old 11 Feb 2020, 20:04 (Ref:3957060)   #48
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
with a brighter red as well?

hard to tell what configuration the car was in (and i dont think those were the 2019 tires) but it looked more size zero/narrower at the back and the front wing looked to have some new elements/curves to it. something on the nose as well i thought was interesting.

looking forward to reading the technical analysis and of course seeing it in action.
A little brighter and lighter, than on last year's car. I think you're right about the tyres and the front wing.

Old 11 Feb 2020, 20:18 (Ref:3957063)   #49
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
You could park a bus in that wheelbase...
Old 11 Feb 2020, 22:50 (Ref:3957098)   #50
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
The rear end couldn't possibly have been made more 'packaged' (nee narrower) to suit Vettel's driving style could it?

If so I hope that's to the benefit of both drivers and not wastimg valuable development time on yesterdays man.

Last edited by chunterer; 11 Feb 2020 at 23:01.