Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Apr 2014, 19:00 (Ref:3393450)   #26
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Looking at BBC this eve and Motorsport Weather, they both say rain on Sunday. Dry before then. Definitely warmer than last year though- except at night. Possible frost early hours Saturday!

Yep, Saturday looks perfect.. Sunday not. Hopefully that's just a pessimistic long range forecast!
Old 16 Apr 2014, 20:05 (Ref:3393483)   #27
vector-pat
Rookie

England
Newbury, Berks
vector-pat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Free entry to Circuit on Friday, all sessions (8 of them) are at full capacity and testing starts at 1pm. Everyone welcome

Weather forecast is looking great for Friday and Saturday and a bit dull (rain late afternoon/early evening).

Whatever the weather, it's going to be a fantastic weekend.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 23:14 (Ref:3393596)   #28
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pat, can you post an image of your helmet so we can identify when car 65 needs a white flag shown as it goes past the flag points.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 06:43 (Ref:3393702)   #29
vector-pat
Rookie

England
Newbury, Berks
vector-pat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Chigley for the vote of confidence.........I'll try my best to prove you wrong!!!!
Old 17 Apr 2014, 13:20 (Ref:3393868)   #30
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really looking forward to the weekend it should be brilliant, I don't expect to see anything less than a podium from you Pat. Have fun and race hard.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 21:05 (Ref:3394105)   #31
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just arrived . I'm in better shape than last year . Ha ha . It's blooming cold though
Old 18 Apr 2014, 06:37 (Ref:3394221)   #32
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sadly due to a manufacturing fault in my virtually new gearbox I have had to pull out of this weekend. Gutted and we are talking to the manufacturer as it looks like an assembly fault on reverse gear caused it.
Are the testing session bookings transferable? If so I have a booking in each closed wheel session I can sell.
Old 18 Apr 2014, 12:04 (Ref:3394381)   #33
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to hear your troubles. If i'd known yesterday I would have purchased a couple from you and set off early this morning.

Also was looking forward to chasing you for your £10 day membership!
Old 18 Apr 2014, 17:05 (Ref:3394539)   #34
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Went up to the circuit this morning and it seems as they were over subscribed they would be able to sort re allocation of slots - as I could faintly hear cars testing form my house I am totally gutted to be out of action. Will be there to spectate tomorrow but a wet Thruxton on Sunday does not sound so enticing!
Peter the £10 will have to wait til later in the season I am afraid!
Old 19 Apr 2014, 05:51 (Ref:3394779)   #35
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Soon be heading off to the track, should be a great day.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 19:14 (Ref:3395184)   #36
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A great days racing and "warmer" than last year, just.

Highlight for me was the historic touring cars, which had the crowd at the club chicane highly entertained.

Will post a few pictures when I get the chance.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 20:27 (Ref:3395226)   #37
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Simon D - I have no ides what has happened to your post but I can't get it to quote at all. Most odd.

Anyway ...

Sorry to hear of your woes. Highly frustrating. Especially if you can hear track activity.

Oddly, living a mile from Dinington Park as the birds fly, I heard nothing at all from there today despite the BTCC circus being in town. The wiond might have been a tad northerly but even so the entire show must be heavily silenced to be inaudible.

I know there was activity because Donington have just launched both an App and FM Radio and I was listening to the radio this morning when the Porsche's were out and about (or so they said).

Maybe the whole gig has gone electric without anyone noticing?

I wonder what it will be like tomorrow?

Did you stay to spectate today Simon - or would that be too frustrating?
Old 20 Apr 2014, 05:22 (Ref:3395338)   #38
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
[QUOTE=grantp;3395226]Simon D - I have no ides what has happened to your post but I can't get it to quote at all. Most odd.
QUOTE]

I get that on odd occasions as well. Or not quote properly.....

Seems MST are building a new website so old results service not available. New results for HSCC meetings HERE hopefully.... Live timing on the website as well!

Well done Colin and Iain, winning the E Type class in Guards.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 06:08 (Ref:3395345)   #39
simon drabble
Veteran

Thanks for your kind words Grant, I can only hear it at this time of year before the leaves are on the trees and if the wind is in the right direction.
Yes I did go saw all the races yesterday, Guards GT was a great race - Young Ben Adams did virtually the whole race with no clutch in his red Turner so stirling effort by him! Definitely the way forward to split the GT's and S/R's
Hope the driver of the blue Ginetta in the sports racer Guards was ok, his car looked pretty ugly when it came back in on the lorry post race.
The Sabre will have its new engine in time for Snet and the Jaguar just needs the gearbox fixed and then we are good to go so frustrating but will make it all the more sweet when ready!
Old 20 Apr 2014, 18:47 (Ref:3395907)   #40
poynter97
Rookie

United Kingdom
West Berks
poynter97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a great day on saturday, here are some of my pics,

Mclaren test driver Chris Goodwin in his Can-Am Mclaren.

John Cleland on his way to race one victory.

Old 20 Apr 2014, 20:11 (Ref:3395952)   #41
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really enjoyed the action on Saturday. Decent weather, if a bit nippy and some really well competed races. Definitely an improvement compared to this meeting last year. The Super Touring Cars series certainly attracts attention and looks great. I saw some pictures from today and the weather looked HORRIBLE. Hope it wasn't like that all day, fair play to drivers and indeed marshals for braving that!

If interested some of the photos I took are on my Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/AEPhotographyUK/ and a gallery will be up shortly on my website.

Cheers
Az
Old 20 Apr 2014, 20:56 (Ref:3395966)   #42
bigvalveelan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Gaunts Common, Wimborne
bigvalveelan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I had a fantastic weekend - first race for my son in Historic Roadsports, which he survived depute atrocious conditions. He was in my Turner and eventually came home 10th but was at one stage as high as 6th before he lost it coming out of the chicane.
And i had an amazing dice with Mr Whittakers Griffith in the Guards GT race, which happily i came out on top!

Top weekend of racing.

Paul
Old 21 Apr 2014, 09:06 (Ref:3396111)   #43
brands
Veteran

Some random shots from Saturday, 70s road sports and Formula Junior
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1845.jpg   IMG_1869.jpg   IMG_1915.jpg  

IMG_1928.jpg   IMG_1950.jpg   IMG_1993.jpg  

Old 21 Apr 2014, 09:10 (Ref:3396112)   #44
brands
Veteran

Guards SR and DBT:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2335.jpg   IMG_2417.jpg   IMG_2426.jpg  

IMG_2434.jpg   IMG_2454.jpg   IMG_2460.jpg  

Old 21 Apr 2014, 09:15 (Ref:3396114)   #45
brands
Veteran

Guards GT and Historic Tourers:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2658.jpg   IMG_2706.jpg   IMG_2790.jpg  

IMG_2878.jpg   IMG_2923.jpg   IMG_2975.jpg  

Old 21 Apr 2014, 10:13 (Ref:3396133)   #46
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thats a great photo of Colin in front of the low drag E Type.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 10:34 (Ref:3396143)   #47
simon drabble
Veteran

Went back on Sunday to watch the HRS race which proved to be a great race very high driving standards in atrocious conditions. Superb drive by the winning Morgan and great race by Ben Adams and the third place car.
Was also very impressed by the BMW in the saloon race preceding HRS, he was almost a lap ahead of the rest of the field by the end of the race, wasn't familiar with his name - is he a regular? If so I think he needs a success ballast!!!
Well done to all - you gave great spectacle, HSCC at its best. With my BARC discount it was £10 well spent!!
Old 21 Apr 2014, 13:17 (Ref:3396203)   #48
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Simon D wrote:

"Was also very impressed by the BMW in the saloon race preceding HRS, he was almost a lap ahead of the rest of the field by the end of the race, wasn't familiar with his name - is he a regular? If so I think he needs a success ballast!!!"

Yep, Sean and Micheal - long time competitors often running in several races at Masters meetings. More recently Sean has been doing quite a lot of modern stuff.

I would guess that the BMW was quite well suited to the conditions but they are always quick in that car running at or near the front most days.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 13:47 (Ref:3396218)   #49
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Thats a great photo of Colin in front of the low drag E Type.
Quite agree, especialy as its the only shot out of six showing the correct line.Did the other five cars get a black and white?
Old 21 Apr 2014, 14:08 (Ref:3396222)   #50
simonb87
Rookie

England
Stevenage
simonb87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Quite agree, especialy as its the only shot out of six showing the correct line.Did the other five cars get a black and white?
I'm confused by your comment? As far as I understand track limits, the kerbs are 'in play' provided you don't go over the inside edge. The white line is the limit where there is no kerb and again you can go onto the line but not over it.

Anyway, wrong place for this discussion - thanks Brands for the pics. It was an interesting weekend with dry but cool conditions on Saturday and anything from damp to torrential rain on Sunday. Glad everyone got a race, though some were a bit shortened. Had a great tussle with Roger Godfrey's mini on Saturday and then a great battle with Roger Cope's Jag on Sunday in the damp becoming wet conditions.