Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 May 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3253109)   #76
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
Porsche museum, Stuttgart. My photo of it, last summer:

Looks a bit like a toy/diecast car.
Old 25 May 2013, 18:51 (Ref:3253113)   #77
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
It's paint scheme does look like something Hot Wheels would do!
Old 25 May 2013, 19:03 (Ref:3253123)   #78
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like the coupes look more than the Spyders.
But in these times, I'll take any Prototype there can be raced!
Old 25 May 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3253127)   #79
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Old 25 May 2013, 20:48 (Ref:3253173)   #80
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Damn, I'm hungry now.
Old 25 May 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3253176)   #81
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Or that.
Old 25 May 2013, 23:59 (Ref:3253221)   #82
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that won´t be any team for this car. The car looks nice but, witch team will run for them?????
Old 26 May 2013, 01:26 (Ref:3253238)   #83
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
I think that won´t be any team for this car. The car looks nice but, witch team will run for them?????
The world of sportscar racing is constantly in flux. We won't know until we know.
Old 26 May 2013, 08:19 (Ref:3253292)   #84
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wonder will Porsche make customer cars available of their new prototype?
They usually do after a year or so.
If I were looking at P1 that is the route that would most likely offer the strongest package but probably cost more.
Old 26 May 2013, 08:32 (Ref:3253300)   #85
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
If I were looking at P1 that is the route that would most likely offer the strongest package but probably cost more.
Waiting on a Porsche would be a big gamble to take. If I was a betting man I'd say a customer car isn't coming. Plus as you say you'd be waiting for a long time. If someone wants to come into the series in the big class relatively cheaply and learn the ropes the Perrin might be a good bet.

Cost would likely be the reason you took this over an OAK/Dome/HPD but there's sometimes value in running something different to the rest.
Old 26 May 2013, 09:03 (Ref:3253309)   #86
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The world of sportscar racing is constantly in flux. We won't know until we know.
Ok, your right but, right now (i mean 2014) i can only see a "rich" LMP2 team doing it. But in other hand that LMP2 rich team would stay in LMP 2 with a "nissan engine" awaiting they step up in 2015 in a semi works team.

Don´t get me wrong, i would love to see this Perrinn LMP 1 in WEC and Le Mans in 2014 but the current situation.....
Old 26 May 2013, 09:34 (Ref:3253318)   #87
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
But in other hand that LMP2 rich team would stay in LMP 2 with a "nissan engine" awaiting they step up in 2015 in a semi works team.
That's a bit of an assumption to make on a few different levels.
Old 26 May 2013, 11:05 (Ref:3253349)   #88
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
That's a bit of an assumption to make on a few different levels.

I have this opinion because a think Nissan will go to LMP 1 in a near future and do a similar situation like Toyota and Oreca, but this is just my opinion, not based in facts
Old 26 May 2013, 11:21 (Ref:3253359)   #89
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Ok, your right but, right now (i mean 2014) i can only see a "rich" LMP2 team doing it. But in other hand that LMP2 rich team would stay in LMP 2 with a "nissan engine" awaiting they step up in 2015 in a semi works team.

Don´t get me wrong, i would love to see this Perrinn LMP 1 in WEC and Le Mans in 2014 but the current situation.....
Depends what happens with Lola, HPD etc, teams like Rebellin, Strakka etc will need new chassis at some point.
Old 26 May 2013, 11:29 (Ref:3253361)   #90
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Depends what happens with Lola, HPD etc, teams like Rebellin, Strakka etc will need new chassis at some point.
My opinion is that Rebellion possible go with HPD, Lola car will not race next year and Strakka will leave WEC.
Old 26 May 2013, 12:50 (Ref:3253381)   #91
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I have this opinion because a think Nissan will go to LMP 1 in a near future and do a similar situation like Toyota and Oreca, but this is just my opinion, not based in facts
Toyota haven't given Oreca a car though.
Old 26 May 2013, 15:54 (Ref:3253498)   #92
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
My opinion is that Rebellion possible go with HPD, Lola car will not race next year and Strakka will leave WEC.
That's so random! That would be guessing correctly on several accounts next year. That's as obscure as me saying Townsend Bell will start his own Le Mans race team and Michael Schumacher and Jacques Villeneuve will be piloting the GreenGT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Toyota haven't given Oreca a car though.
I think what he means is the relationship between Hugues de Chaunac (Oreca boss) and Toyota.
Old 26 May 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3253528)   #93
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Or that.
I was serious:

Quote:
The bulging bodywork with the inset wheels reminded journalists of a Pig with its relatively small feet and thus, the idea of the Pink Pig was born. Porsche designed the Pink livery with the German names for various cuts of beef.
John Brooks tells me, “all the departments in Porsche were going to run a 917 in the 1971 race and a late budgetary issue meant that one of the two lost out………the loser got to choose the colour scheme and had their revenge.the livery was designed by one of the teams”.
Legend has it, sponsor Martini, were not impressed and their logo didn’t appear on the car.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/2008/au...cing-liveries/

Old 26 May 2013, 21:33 (Ref:3253681)   #94
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I was under the impression that they didn't have any sponsorship at all, and therefore they choose the pig-livery. Not that there were no sponsornames on the car because they found the car pig-ugly.
Old 26 May 2013, 22:10 (Ref:3253696)   #95
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I was under the impression that they didn't have any sponsorship at all, and therefore they choose the pig-livery. Not that there were no sponsornames on the car because they found the car pig-ugly.

I seem to remember reading the full Pink Pig story in Motor Sport a while back, and having quickly checked in Norbert Singer's book (24:16, well worth a read) I think the principle was that the got the French aerodynamicists at SERA to come up with a body kit for the 917 (the 917-20) it ended up being painted with the butcher's cut livery due to a level of disparagement about what the car looked like.

Now falling back on memory, I think there was a degree of controversy over how fast it was and what impact the aero mods had on certain parts, which has led to a debate over what it should have been able to achieve, perhaps reinforcing the reputation of the car, which the livery established.

If I can be organised enough I might be persuaded to wear my Pink Pig appropriate t-shirt, which I think a couple of you have seen, to the Saturday morning meet for a quick comparison to see whether the 917 was accurately labelled...
Old 28 May 2013, 02:01 (Ref:3254307)   #96
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I seem to remember reading the full Pink Pig story in Motor Sport a while back, and having quickly checked in Norbert Singer's book (24:16, well worth a read) I think the principle was that the got the French aerodynamicists at SERA to come up with a body kit for the 917 (the 917-20) it ended up being painted with the butcher's cut livery due to a level of disparagement about what the car looked like.

Now falling back on memory, I think there was a degree of controversy over how fast it was and what impact the aero mods had on certain parts, which has led to a debate over what it should have been able to achieve, perhaps reinforcing the reputation of the car, which the livery established.

If I can be organised enough I might be persuaded to wear my Pink Pig appropriate t-shirt, which I think a couple of you have seen, to the Saturday morning meet for a quick comparison to see whether the 917 was accurately labelled...
Yes, please!
Old 28 May 2013, 09:19 (Ref:3254403)   #97
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From a press release from Porsche back in 2009.http://www.rahulnair.net/blog/2009/0...-zuffenhausen/
Old 28 May 2013, 20:42 (Ref:3254705)   #98
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Shall we title this thread "The Greatness of The Pig"?
Old 28 May 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3254716)   #99
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well it certainly isn't about the perrinn anymore..
Old 29 May 2013, 01:41 (Ref:3254794)   #100
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
well it certainly isn't about the perrinn anymore..
Maybe they should change the name to Peccary LMP1 then this thread would be right on!

DK