Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Aug 2019, 13:55 (Ref:3921157)   #151
Londoner
Racer

Londoner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
??? Plenty of action in that race! If it's boring then you don't have to watch.
It's only because his beloved Hondas didn't win that he's kicking off.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 14:43 (Ref:3921183)   #152
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
love Jordan's speech ,someone who actually speaks his mind without sugar coating
It sounds like Jordan is not spouting corporate speak because Pirtek are gone for next year and so it is he.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3921187)   #153
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
after Tingram got out of the picture it was just a procession
"After the excitement stopped, it wasn't exciting"
Old 4 Aug 2019, 14:59 (Ref:3921200)   #154
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
after Tingram got out of the picture it was just a procession
Except that every place from 6th onwards changed on more than one occasion on the laps after Ingram lost the lead.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 15:14 (Ref:3921203)   #155
HopAlong
Racer

HopAlong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a clear example of a race that would have been better with one tyre, Ingram without the issue would have been able to hang on better and Sutton could have been up there, what could Cammish have done? instead we knew one of the BMWs on softs would win.

I honestly don't understand the CoG thing.

I understand trying to equalise the FWD/RWD starts and making the Subaru closer to a "normal" car CoG wise, so why should the Infiniti factor into that, the FWD cars don't have the CoGs equalised, so why is a rule for the Subaru now for all RWD cars?

Why is it not ok to have a CoG advantage, but you can have a better engine or a top speed advantage/disadvantage due to the body style?
Old 4 Aug 2019, 15:16 (Ref:3921204)   #156
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!

Quote:
This. And don't make either mandatory. Races should be won by the driver, not the tyre.
This tyre mallarky is frankly sh1te and BTCC management need to bin it. It ruins races, period.

I want to see Turks punished for banging Tingrams back end too. It was no different to what Sonic was punished for at Brands.

At least when I tune into NASCAR later for Watkins Glen they all have the same tyres. No mucking around on crap. And pretty consistent stewarding too this year so far.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 15:45 (Ref:3921209)   #157
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From TouringCars.Net -

Quote:
As a result, Smiley told TouringCars.Net he feels he has no chance of keeping the Subaru Levorg behind, and is instead aiming to be “best of the rest” or at least secure a podium.

“You’re not going to win against [Ash] Sutton on the soft tyre,” said Smiley.

“There’s no point [pretending]. We’re on the hard and he’s on the soft, I think earlier it was something like a 1.7 seconds a lap faster.

“You’re never going to hold up a car with that speed differential.

Ugh.... tyres robbing us of a race.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 15:46 (Ref:3921210)   #158
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me R2 was a good bit of racing, the action was there and I enjoyed it a lot. It doesn't have to be only about pushing, crashing and overtaking all the time to be interesting for me.

Shame for Tingram although I don't feel Turks should be punished for that move.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 15:55 (Ref:3921213)   #159
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post

I want to see Turks punished for banging Tingrams back end too. It was no different to what Sonic was punished for at Brands.
Tingram's car had a loss of power. He was little more than a dead duck sitting in the middle of the track. Turkington had nowhere to go.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 15:57 (Ref:3921215)   #160
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Last season Cammish was recognised as being quick, but it was felt by many that he lacked the experience to manage his tyres properly.
His R2 showing keeping Jordan behind suggests he may have developed in this area?
Old 4 Aug 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3921216)   #161
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Tingram's car had a loss of power.
Do you have a source for this information? I have seen reference to him losing power, but nothing confirming whether this occurred before or after the incident with Turkington.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 16:04 (Ref:3921218)   #162
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Do you have a source for this information? I have seen reference to him losing power, but nothing confirming whether this occurred before or after the incident with Turkington.
Tom said it happened about 2 laps before losing the lead when he was interviewed by Louise.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 16:05 (Ref:3921219)   #163
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Post race interview with Louise.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 16:08 (Ref:3921220)   #164
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Tom said it happened about 2 laps before losing the lead when he was interviewed by Louise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Post race interview with Louise.
Thanks - hadn't caught that interview.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 16:43 (Ref:3921229)   #165
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tim Harvey is such a cop-out. "Difficult to see if there was any pushing".

There was. And it's getting boring. Twice today.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 16:43 (Ref:3921230)   #166
Londoner
Racer

Plato leads! I imagine a certain member of the forum is most displeased with this chain of events.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 16:47 (Ref:3921232)   #167
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Tim: They both ran in a bit deep.

Driver A could drive straight into the door of Driver B and Tim would say "Well we'll have to wait and see some replays to see if there was contact".
Old 4 Aug 2019, 16:48 (Ref:3921233)   #168
Evantra
Veteran

England
In related news, Jack Young loses his second Clio win of the day for driving into Max Coates at every opportunity.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 16:54 (Ref:3921235)   #169
Evantra
Veteran

England
Please, please let someone knock Plato off...
Old 4 Aug 2019, 16:54 (Ref:3921236)   #170
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Tim: Credit to Jason for not hitting him! Oh he's hit him!

Aye very good.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 16:57 (Ref:3921238)   #171
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
The real skill here appears to be how hard can you hit the car in front without attracting the attention of the stewards.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3921239)   #172
Evantra
Veteran

England
Excellent.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3921240)   #173
Londoner
Racer

Bahahahaha. That was an amazing battle while it lasted.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 16:59 (Ref:3921241)   #174
swooshiain
Racer

Scotland
swooshiain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, that seemed fairly inevitable. Going to be a lot of angry words after this one.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 17:00 (Ref:3921242)   #175
Evantra
Veteran

England
Butcher, you legend...