Esteban Ocon 1 3.33%
Pierre Gasly 0 0%
Yuki Tsunoda 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Jul 2022, 08:44 (Ref:4118835)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Austrian Grand Prix 2022

Who gets your vote?
Old 10 Jul 2022, 15:37 (Ref:4118948)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mick all weekend for me. seems to have found the family fire and amusingly salty all weekend!
Old 10 Jul 2022, 16:17 (Ref:4118957)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Leclerc. I thought he had the measure of Verstappen and didn't let the throttle issue at the end of the race phase him.

He needed that win and there are now 38 points between him and Verstappen. I wonder if Ferrari are regretting not pitting him before Sainz at Silverstone and giving Leclerc the win? The gap would be 13 points going into the second half of the season.
Old 10 Jul 2022, 19:54 (Ref:4118985)   #4
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I wonder if Ferrari are regretting not pitting him before Sainz at Silverstone and giving Leclerc the win? The gap would be 13 points going into the second half of the season.

That's all hindsight.

FWIW it could have been Leclerc that suffered the engine failure and not Sainz.
Or Leclerc and Verstappen could have crashed into eachother.

In both scenario's Sainz would now be the lead Ferrari driver.

I think it is far too soon for team orders, other than 'don't crash into each other'.
Old 10 Jul 2022, 20:00 (Ref:4118988)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yes both charles and mich schuey could have got my vote but for a good finish in his 100th gp ocon gets my vote today
Old 10 Jul 2022, 20:13 (Ref:4118991)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
That's all hindsight.

FWIW it could have been Leclerc that suffered the engine failure and not Sainz.
Or Leclerc and Verstappen could have crashed into eachother.

In both scenario's Sainz would now be the lead Ferrari driver.

I think it is far too soon for team orders, other than 'don't crash into each other'.

Well during the British GP I thought at the time, was bringing in Sainz before Leclerc the right decision. After the Canadian GP the standings were:

Max Verstappen 175
Sergio Pérez 129
Charles Leclerc 126
George Russell 111
Spain Carlos Sainz Jr. 102.

So taking the standings into account, it would have made more sense to bring Leclerc first in order to get the win.

As it is, Sainz isn't the lead Ferrari driver and is currently 4th with 133 points. It's bad luck his engine blew but that happens.
Old 11 Jul 2022, 00:12 (Ref:4119009)   #7
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Mick for me. Charles did really well to nurse home a car with throttle issues for the win (not a small thing for a driver to deal with) but it just felt like Mick was "on it' all weekend & good to see too.
Old 11 Jul 2022, 04:15 (Ref:4119017)   #8
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Charles for me, kudos to George for the 4th place even with a penalty.
Old 11 Jul 2022, 07:56 (Ref:4119028)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Charles for me, usual kudos to Lewis and George and a special mention for Mick who is really starting to get his act together.
Old 11 Jul 2022, 08:35 (Ref:4119041)   #10
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Charles for me, usual kudos to Lewis and George and a special mention for Mick who is really starting to get his act together.
Me too.
Old 11 Jul 2022, 09:39 (Ref:4119071)   #11
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Leclerc.
Schumacher and Ocon both excellent.
Old 12 Jul 2022, 10:18 (Ref:4119221)   #12
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think many drivers stood out as excellent performers at this race. Charles was well, as did Max. Carlos going at it in the sprint was god fun (let them race! that's what we're here for...) and I almost cried when his engine blew.

Russel is being more and more impressive every race, and Norris also drove through penalties to decent results. Those two youngsters impress me almost every race.

Talking about youngsters. I don't think Mick is destined for greatness, but it's good to see him get some points and not languish in Hass hell.

Some other youngsters, Tsunoda and Gasley seems to be totally lost at sea, though. What the heck where they doing?

My vote, as it was hard to pick, went to an old favourite. The finger wagging Alonso was priceless! More like that, Fernando!
Old 12 Jul 2022, 10:33 (Ref:4119224)   #13
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mick made me pleased for him, as I think he may be salvaging his F1 career, and he was good all weekend. But for me, it has to be Leclerc. For the throttle thing, but also for THAT first overtake on Verstappen. The best move I've seen this season. Precise as you like and late.
Old 13 Jul 2022, 12:57 (Ref:4119385)   #14
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Leclerc with kudos to Schumacher.
Old 15 Jul 2022, 08:41 (Ref:4119567)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I gave it to Mick. Great result. He has a habit of finding his feet in his second year in a category as we saw in junior formula