Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 23 Jul 2023, 17:58 (Ref:4169579)   #26
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a great time I had! Our regular snappers will put much better pictures up than I can hope to produce, so I've forestalled them by adding photos of the photographers. Oh, and a couple of car tinkerers interviewing the true motor racing legend that is Iain Rowley.

Only one phrase for it - Happy Days

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 23 Jul 2023, 18:18 (Ref:4169582)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done Max, good to see you today. Notable that there were loads of smiling faces, not just the drivers but everyone there. A lady spoke to me about when she owned a mk1, mk2 and mk3 midget. But her first car was a J2. She had an interesting story to tell.
Old 24 Jul 2023, 07:18 (Ref:4169648)   #28
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Oh, and a couple of car tinkerers interviewing the true motor racing legend that is Iain Rowley.Only one phrase for it - Happy Days
And who is standing beside our interviewer racing legend? Good pics, thanks.
Old 24 Jul 2023, 08:38 (Ref:4169662)   #29
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
And who is standing beside our interviewer racing legend? Good pics, thanks.
Well, I think the one about to have Delta's mic shoved up his nose is Howden Ganley...
Old 24 Jul 2023, 08:49 (Ref:4169664)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The other is Steve Nichols.
Old 24 Jul 2023, 09:22 (Ref:4169670)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just to add, the pictures taken by moi are here: https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157365

Here's a few though:
Attached Thumbnails
008_SR2023.jpg   094_SR2023.jpg   012a_SR2023.jpg  

093_SR2023.jpg  
Old 24 Jul 2023, 12:33 (Ref:4169700)   #32
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for your pix, Peter. Gordon-Keeble a rare beast - and love that Alfa 8C
Old 24 Jul 2023, 13:03 (Ref:4169704)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes a lot of folks enjoyed seeing the 8C. I'm happy for people to download any pics, but if they are used please credit me.
Old 26 Jul 2023, 08:09 (Ref:4169976)   #34
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thankyou Peter and Grant for the photos. Also Max for making the journey and brining the kart which was of great interest. Last but not least Alan Morgan who has been prompting me with the Mike for these past 15 years. Roll on 2024. happy days.
Old 28 Jul 2023, 08:23 (Ref:4170214)   #35
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well now that the dust has settled and most of the rain has soaked away. " Delta Truck still stuck in the field". At 10 30 in the morning I was staring at an empty field in the pouring rain this to be our 15th show. Had no sleep at all Saturday worrying about the rain and mud and cars getting stuck. Just past 8 am and the Cavalry tuned up with Silverstone marshals. Alan even got stuck in and made the bacon rolls. This year the tour cars were going to start with me in the field, we had to abort this idea to try and save the field as it was getting boggy. Craven team with our trusty friends in Orange did a fantastic job with getting the cars away from the front of my workshop.
So all 63 cars set off around the Chiltern countryside and we settled back into the field looking at the sky's and phones for weather update's. The Mums turned up from the school and got set up under the Delta truck awning. Beer tent ,memorabilia tent and the Church set up their awnings. All we needed was some Classic cars and spectators. We kept ourselves busy and by midday we had a few cars in and the sun was out with blue skies. Around 1 pm the first Tour cars were arriving and the field filled up. Everyone on the tour seemed ever so happy this year and it was a delight to interview them at the finish. I gave out the rosettes to the kids and they chose a Lotus Evora in Gulf colors as the winner. Owner was chuffed to bits so I gave him a tour glass as prize. Then on to the interviews and I started with Howden Ganley and Steve Nichols, we had Steves Chevron B17 on display and I reminded Howden of his 100 mph lap record at Brands Hatch. He said that it was this record that got the attention of McClaren and he had his first test with them at Goodwood.I did have plans to do some more interviews but I was just exhausted so really sorry to all those people who I said I would do an interview.
The day flew by and by 3.30 people were going home or down the pub and we set about packing up. Finished at 6 pm with big grin and smile on my face. The school sold out of cakes, burgers, sausage rolls and the bar ran dry. All in all just the best day. Here are my Tenther thank you. I could not run the show without you.
Thankyou ,Fay, Alan and Silverstone friends, Jo and Alan, Stephen, Team Gilbert,Grant,Peter,HRTR5,Alan Morgan and last but not least Team Craven for superb Maharajah,s tour.
Old 28 Jul 2023, 09:35 (Ref:4170224)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Whilst I missed the tour, I really enjoyed the day. I thought Max, as a working exhibit, went down well. The overall enthusiasm of your fellow organisers was infectious. I'm becoming more used to photographing cars rather than driving them so the variety on offer on Sunday was quite pleasing. And of course I got to drive my Jaag through the Chilterns anyway. Well done to you and the team. Roll on next year.
Old 28 Jul 2023, 11:40 (Ref:4170234)   #37
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Bother Sorry Max knew I would forget someone
Old 28 Jul 2023, 13:11 (Ref:4170245)   #38
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great work Iain, Stewart and everybody else who was involved!

The Owen Family really enjoyed the Tour, Daughter navigating for Mrs in the XK, and young Freddie navigating for me in the Integrale (with the dog in a crate in the back!). Commendation to the Craven team for the choice of roads, some more open flowing roads than the last one we did (few years ago), which was all narrow, high-hedged etc., this year was a great route.

Hope some useful funds were raised for the charities.
Old 28 Jul 2023, 20:27 (Ref:4170303)   #39
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Bother Sorry Max knew I would forget someone
Iain I didn't do anything except enjoy myself. Huge congratulations on pulling this event together and I hope the charities do well despite the weather. There certainly seemed to be a good attendance.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 2 Aug 2023, 09:23 (Ref:4171033)   #40
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pics from the day (Mostly start and finish of the Tour) can be found here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjcI62_kFvr0mx3z...rsjMO?e=VI3WsW

Almost 1000 of them.

Should be searchable but to be honest I'm not sure how via the access link.

Out now for a few hours. Let me know if any problems.
Old 12 Sep 2023, 05:57 (Ref:4176403)   #41
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Washing up meeting last week and great results with £4500.00 raised from us to go to Air Ambulance and local charities . The School and Church made around £2000 on top as well . Feed back has been brilliant especially from some race drivers who did the Tour for the first time .Thank you Tenthers for all your support and photos . Our partners Craven Motor Club who run such a fantastic tour . So that’s a wrap roll on 2024.?
Old 12 Sep 2023, 08:37 (Ref:4176416)   #42
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great result, Iain, so really well done to you and everyone involved.
Old 12 Sep 2023, 08:40 (Ref:4176417)   #43
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Indeed well done Iain and the team.
Old 12 Sep 2023, 17:06 (Ref:4176458)   #44
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Washing up meeting last week and great results with £4500.00 raised from us to go to Air Ambulance and local charities . The School and Church made around £2000 on top as well . Feed back has been brilliant especially from some race drivers who did the Tour for the first time .Thank you Tenthers for all your support and photos . Our partners Craven Motor Club who run such a fantastic tour . So that’s a wrap roll on 2024.?
Brilliant Iain, next year I shall probably pop along now that the Brewery owner has died and there will be no more parties on the same date.
With me appearing it will surely raise the profile and more money
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Sep 2023, 17:10 (Ref:4176459)   #45
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I wound live that Gordon . A real Motorsport legend . Be even better if you would bring that famous purple Anglia
Old 6 Dec 2023, 14:00 (Ref:4188443)   #46
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Click image for larger version

Name:	2023 Stoke Row and Nuffield cheque donation eve..jpg
Views:	6
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	78373
Afternoon all, Thought I would sign off for 2023 with this photo. I'm the one on the left.. I know there are a lot of lurkers on here that like to know what's going on with the show. We had our cheque donation eve last night and this was a nice evening with a few speeches from the recipients.
That's it really just to say thanks to everyone who came this year, Grant for wonderful photos and Max for showing and taking time to talk to people about karting. Sorry if I have missed anyone. We must be due for some good weather next year. Looks like the date will be 7th July. I am not racing, my mates from Craven M/C are free so all we need is some sun. Its a little early than normal and my only worry will be if the farmer will have the grass and hay cut in time.
Happy Christmas to you all and keep safe., Me and MG David are heading to NZ in February so I will keep you posted on this latest adventure. Cheers Iain.
Old 6 Dec 2023, 23:22 (Ref:4188497)   #47
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Happy Christmas to you all and keep safe., Me and MG David are heading to NZ in February so I will keep you posted on this latest adventure. Cheers Iain.
Hope you have a Happy Christmas and a great time in NZ, I will endeavor to attend your "show" next year but I will need a motorhome to hide away from the great unwashed and a full bar with several nubile young ladies on tap, and of course my fee ! (that is negotiable) as I have my Spanish villa to keep in the quality that I am accustomed too !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Dec 2023, 07:05 (Ref:4188521)   #48
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ditto to all that (well some of it!).

Actually Gordon I'm sure I saw you playing in a rock band on French TV a couple of days ago - have you made it to the big time now??
Old 7 Dec 2023, 07:07 (Ref:4188522)   #49
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Should have added have a good trip D&D! Bring a few trophies back.

Is Mrs Delta getting a nice holiday this time?
Old 7 Dec 2023, 09:48 (Ref:4188535)   #50
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Ditto to all that (well some of it!).

Actually Gordon I'm sure I saw you playing in a rock band on French TV a couple of days ago - have you made it to the big time now??
Closed Thread