Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 21 Jun 2010, 08:42 (Ref:2715529)   #226
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Annuals

Hello,

I suspect that ebay would realise the most money in total, but you may like to get rid of
all the annuals in one go, so maybe contacting a book dealer such as Chaters, Motorbooks, etc,
may be an easier way. Amazon is also a possibility for selling at a fixed price.
I think that 1983,5,6 and 1993 are usually the most sort after versions.
The extra English editions were a red herring, i.e. 1980-1983, 85,86 and 1994 are French only.

Good luck,
Mike
Old 21 Jun 2010, 16:37 (Ref:2715819)   #227
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for the tip, I might just give that a try. I really don't like dealing with eBay these days. It's always been a real hassle but the rules and regulations on there these days are pathetic.
Old 17 Aug 2011, 23:03 (Ref:2942316)   #228
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry for bringing up an old thread, but i picked up the 2000 Le Mans annual in most likely the best Motorsport book shop in London for a grand sum of £9.99!!! That was the only one, but looks to be a nice book, loads of pictures, plenty of info, will have a proper look tomorrow though.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 03:32 (Ref:2943555)   #229
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Good find!
Old 19 Nov 2011, 09:45 (Ref:2988683)   #230
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does anyone know when the 2011 annual is coming out as I have not seen it advertisted any where yet.
Old 19 Nov 2011, 18:58 (Ref:2988844)   #231
photopigg
Rookie

United Kingdom
Dover, Kent
photopigg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@rdjones

should be out any day now, I have got one on order & I have been told that it should be we me within the next week ;-) ;-) it's going to be a long week of waiting but as per usal it will be worth it
Old 23 Nov 2011, 10:42 (Ref:2990393)   #232
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by photopigg View Post
@rdjones

should be out any day now, I have got one on order & I have been told that it should be we me within the next week ;-) ;-) it's going to be a long week of waiting but as per usal it will be worth it
Grand Prix Legends are saying January 2012 Delivery and they are now selling the book for £60.

Tom.
Old 23 Nov 2011, 20:28 (Ref:2990611)   #233
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Grand Prix Legends are saying January 2012 Delivery and they are now selling the book for £60.

Tom.
I saw that too, i think it's cheaper on amazon
Old 25 Nov 2011, 09:30 (Ref:2991158)   #234
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd encourage people to jump on chaters for this. Just got off the phone with them and the books have just arrived this morning. Should be delivered on Monday apparently. And at a very reasonable price!

http://www.chaters.co.uk/prod/17134/...k#sendtofriend
Old 26 Mar 2012, 13:10 (Ref:3048761)   #235
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2012 Le Mans Annual

A bit of advance warning...........

There would appear to be substantial changes to the content of the 2012 Le Mans Annual compared with previous editions.

I have had the following in from someone who would know.

The ACO want something less technical, more fun, more people, to be ready in September : a new book in which the race is not the most important but the whole event and illustrated by only ACO pictures.

So dumbed down and not suitable for reference..............I'm surprised that it took this long.
Old 26 Mar 2012, 16:47 (Ref:3048896)   #236
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Hmmm, doesn't sound good.
Old 3 May 2012, 19:23 (Ref:3068958)   #237
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
A bit of advance warning...........

There would appear to be substantial changes to the content of the 2012 Le Mans Annual compared with previous editions.

I have had the following in from someone who would know.

The ACO want something less technical, more fun, more people, to be ready in September : a new book in which the race is not the most important but the whole event and illustrated by only ACO pictures.

So dumbed down and not suitable for reference..............I'm surprised that it took this long.
Just seen this. Not good news. Hopefully they can come up with some kind of happy compromise. And to be ready in September?!

That's a pretty quick turnaround time. Would be a real shame to see things go south after building up a collection '94-11'.

I think I read that one of the original authors is stepping away so it is probably to coincide with this.
Old 1 Jul 2012, 15:23 (Ref:3100522)   #238
sadsac72
Rookie

sadsac72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Books Le Mans Annuals

hello all i have both 1991/92 edition annuals in english great condition with dust jackets,i picked them up 5 yrs ago at a car boot sale for 50p each and i am willing to sell them for a descent price[unlike ebay sellers]!!!
just email me and i will upload a few pics of them
Old 1 Jul 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3100530)   #239
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Just seen this. Not good news. Hopefully they can come up with some kind of happy compromise. And to be ready in September?!

That's a pretty quick turnaround time. Would be a real shame to see things go south after building up a collection '94-11'.

I think I read that one of the original authors is stepping away so it is probably to coincide with this.
There may be a change of heart with the proposed changes to the Annual............I'll know more soon.
Old 2 Jul 2012, 13:25 (Ref:3100911)   #240
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Lorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
There may be a change of heart with the proposed changes to the Annual............I'll know more soon.
I really hope that's true. I thought the yearbook's have improved massively since Apach took over the publishing. They seriously went downhill with choice of photos and layout when Chronosport was publisher.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 09:07 (Ref:3144504)   #241
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
A bit of info on the new annual.

Interesting cover choice but it would seem on the face of it that the format of the annual remains the same.

http://www.raceland.de/websale7/Le-M...cat_index=B_LM

Anyone else know more. Maybe an exact release date?
Old 1 Oct 2012, 11:46 (Ref:3144573)   #242
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Lorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well that's an "interesting" cover! As long as they haven't dumbed down the statistics section then it actually wouldn't be too hard to improve on the old formats. Some years have had truly dreadful photos. Having seen some of the better photos that are available each year it amazes me how poor the selection of photos are that actually make it into the book. There were only a handful of photos of the winning Bentley in the 2003 annual!
Old 1 Oct 2012, 12:26 (Ref:3144590)   #243
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I rather like that..... Different.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3144813)   #244
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think you guys that go should write one, surely you could do it while you are there?
Old 1 Oct 2012, 21:07 (Ref:3144819)   #245
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good point. We've been photographed there, so perhaps we should take the next step.....?
Old 6 Oct 2012, 11:33 (Ref:3147043)   #246
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I've often thought about contacting them to offer to proof-read the English version. I'd do it for a free copy of the annual and to not have to read all the little annoying errors in the driver/teams section particularly.

Still looking forward to the new book. Will be my 19th so far. Bookshelf slowly beginning to buckle!
Old 9 Nov 2012, 22:53 (Ref:3164755)   #247
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
So it's apparently out this month. Anyone got any exact release date for the 2012 edition?
Old 14 Nov 2012, 23:52 (Ref:3166465)   #248
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell View Post
Hi guys, I've recently stated collecting the Le Mans yearbook by Christian Moity. I've struggled to find any English editions of the book from 1980-1986, do any of you know if the book was actually pubished in English for these years or only in French.

Thanks
Trev
Hi Guys, Well its taken 8 years but I've just taken delivery of the 1985 and 1986 Annuals to complete my collection of the Le Mans Annuals !!!!!! WOOHOO.

If anyone is looking for the rarer editions of these annuals. A guy call Paul Clarke helped me finish of my collection. He sourced the 94, 85 and 86 annuals for me. I got them for what I thought was a pretty reasonable price for such rare books. He seems to be an expert at getting hold of these things and they are always great condition. If anyone would like to contact him PM me and I'll give you his contact details.

Cheers
Trev
Old 15 Nov 2012, 10:35 (Ref:3166572)   #249
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell View Post
... He sourced the 94, 85 and 86 annuals for me...
No way! Are you saying you have an English version of 1994? Not wishing to start a fight but could you post a picture of this mythical beast as it would stop no end of internet arguments if there was some real evidence that this yearbook actually does exist in English!

Congrats by the way on completing your holy grail I started collecting in 1987 and couldn't see the point in going backwards, but 1984, 85 and 86 are very tempting...
Old 15 Nov 2012, 17:00 (Ref:3166729)   #250
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Annuals

Lets not go there again, 1994 (as well as 83, 85, 86 and a couple of others) were in
French only. I was lucky enough to get the 1978 (first annual) for Christmas in 1980
and completed a full set early in the days of ebay (the prices quoted for some of the
annuals now is scary).