Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22 Feb 2013, 02:36 (Ref:3208905)   #26
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
In my view, comparing Adelaide and Surfers makes as much sense as comparing Monaco and Singapore - they're totally different, with different precincts, environments, locations, history and feel.

Adelaide is now well settled but Surfers clearly is trying to find its feet again. Personally, I don't think that the international contribution (the way it's been done in the last couple of years) added anything positive to the event or was anything other than a gimmick that had everyone pretty much scratching their heads and wondering why.

I think that the new endurance cup approach makes a lot of sense - bring internationals in as genuine co-drivers across a number of rounds, seems much more "real" to me.

Still leaves the Surfers event needed a giddy-up though. It has of course been in this situation before - it was struggling MASSIVELY in the early years & was rescued by the vision and ideas of one T. Cochrane. Seems to me that right now, Surfers needs a fresh approach and most likely someone who can come in, bring some fresh ideas and turn it around. No reason why it can't be as strong as Adelaide but if international categories aren't going to be part of it, they need to work out what it's going to be to give it a "true" identity.