Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Feb 2013, 01:28 (Ref:3208175)   #51
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
What this means for 2014 i guess we will know by the end of the year
Fingers crossed
Old 21 Feb 2013, 02:28 (Ref:3208196)   #52
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Fingers crossed
what outcome are you hoping when you cross your fingers? We might have them crossed for different reasons
Old 21 Feb 2013, 02:37 (Ref:3208201)   #53
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Great news! Bathurst 1000 guests could get very serious.

IndyCar doen't clash with any of those races, although the Fontana 500 is just between Bathurst and Gold Coast. Same for the WEC and ALMS: Fuji and Petit Le Mans are sandwiched there as well. The WTCC doesn't race in October at all, and doesn't clash with Sandown either. Nascar Cup drivers are in the Chase, of course.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 02:44 (Ref:3208204)   #54
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I for one hope its the last time the race is held. The current short track they use is just awful. Only one decent place to pass, narrow track and no decent corners either. Rather see it replaced, even by an overseas race on a decent track.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 04:58 (Ref:3208262)   #55
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyinsthoz View Post
I for one hope its the last time the race is held. The current short track they use is just awful. Only one decent place to pass, narrow track and no decent corners either. Rather see it replaced, even by an overseas race on a decent track.
Had there never been an Indycar race there, and this circuit was proposed for a V8 race, it would be laughed at.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 05:03 (Ref:3208264)   #56
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'd expect no more Indy car drivers unless they have shown some skill in a V8 or sports car/ALMS type previously, eg Briscoe, AJ Almendinger etc.

If anything, they'll be coming from International GT from now on is my guess. Have Mssrs Percat, Canto, Baird etc just had an increase to their bank balance for the year?
Old 21 Feb 2013, 05:12 (Ref:3208269)   #57
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
Had there never been an Indycar race there, and this circuit was proposed for a V8 race, it would be laughed at.
wouldnt we say the same thing about the Adelaide GP track though?

a great event 80000 people on race day after starting as a similar size to what surfers is at the moment
Old 21 Feb 2013, 05:33 (Ref:3208280)   #58
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The GP track might get a gig, for another international series. Maybe V8s if the govenment was feeling good. The short track? Turn 9 would be very contentious without Adelaide having a history, and maybe not allow the race to go through. I have a book "Raceyear" 83 season. I'll have to look at it to make sure, but I think the initial version of the circuit meant to cut off the racecourse, from the hairpin, go straight on Wakefield drive, to turn 4. That might've been ok.

edit: The shortened GC track is a POS. The real one is one of the best street circuits ever, I think.

Last edited by formerf1champ; 21 Feb 2013 at 05:41.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 06:18 (Ref:3208295)   #59
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
wouldnt we say the same thing about the Adelaide GP track though?

a great event 80000 people on race day after starting as a similar size to what surfers is at the moment
If it hadn't been for the GP being held before in Adelaide, the Clipsal would never have eventuated.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 06:46 (Ref:3208305)   #60
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyinsthoz View Post
If it hadn't been for the GP being held before in Adelaide, the Clipsal would never have eventuated.
agreed.

Same principal with the gold coast
Old 21 Feb 2013, 06:55 (Ref:3208307)   #61
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe if the F1 circus does the bolt, V8SC can take over the Albert Park facilities...
Old 21 Feb 2013, 07:21 (Ref:3208321)   #62
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
agreed.

Same principal with the gold coast
Except Clipsal has been more successful than Gold Coast - way more
Old 21 Feb 2013, 07:40 (Ref:3208331)   #63
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Except Clipsal has been more successful than Gold Coast - way more
Clkipsal has been around for 15 years under V8s GC only 3.
Its hardly fair to compare them at different stages of live. especially when they have been restricted in what they can and cant do by the government
Old 21 Feb 2013, 08:19 (Ref:3208351)   #64
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Clkipsal has been around for 15 years under V8s GC only 3.
Its hardly fair to compare them at different stages of live.
Im comparing Clipsal year 3 to GC V8 year 3.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 08:23 (Ref:3208354)   #65
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Im comparing Clipsal year 3 to GC V8 year 3.
Clipsal year 3 166,800
GC year 3 182,255
Old 21 Feb 2013, 08:35 (Ref:3208359)   #66
D.R.T.
Veteran

I am thinking bigger than rough crowd figures Pecky.

Clearly the Qld Government is as well
Old 21 Feb 2013, 09:06 (Ref:3208387)   #67
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
explain yourself then. in what way is it bigger?

Ive given crowd
Old 21 Feb 2013, 23:29 (Ref:3208856)   #68
D.R.T.
Veteran

Exposure, media coverage and the biggest factor in all of this is that the event meets the expectations / objectives of the SA Government while Gold Coast event clearly doesnt and the dropping of the international driver concept at Indy is another example of the events failure.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 23:34 (Ref:3208858)   #69
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Exposure, media coverage and the biggest factor in all of this is that the event meets the expectations / objectives of the SA Government while Gold Coast event clearly doesnt and the dropping of the international driver concept at Indy is another example of the events failure.
maybe you could give some examples of how it is less sucessful after 3 years in Exposure, media coverag

and can i point out that international driver concept was a concept of the previous Labor Goverenment.

What concept do the new Liberal Goverenment want? It would appear they are happy to save the money because they dont think the payoff is good enough. thus the droping of the international driver concept
Old 22 Feb 2013, 00:38 (Ref:3208877)   #70
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
and can i point out that international driver concept was a concept of the previous Labor Goverenment.

What concept do the new Liberal Goverenment want? It would appear they are happy to save the money because they dont think the payoff is good enough. thus the droping of the international driver concept
The international driver concept was from V8SA to try an appease the need for international coverage and image of the event. The fact that this has now been dropped is not a ringing endorsement for the event or the category.

I am not sure why this would change unless a liberal government is ok tipping 6.5 million into a race that is no different to the event at Queensland Raceway.

I dont have quantitative data to evidence the position of the Gold Coast race since Indycar left Pecky however ask race fans, event fans and if you can ask the government is the event booming or declining year by year and you will have your answer.

I will leave it up to you.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 00:52 (Ref:3208880)   #71
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
The international driver concept was from V8SA to try an appease the need for international coverage and image of the event. The fact that this has now been dropped is not a ringing endorsement for the event or the category.

I am not sure why this would change unless a liberal government is ok tipping 6.5 million into a race that is no different to the event at Queensland Raceway.

I dont have quantitative data to evidence the position of the Gold Coast race since Indycar left Pecky however ask race fans, event fans and if you can ask the government is the event booming or declining year by year and you will have your answer.

I will leave it up to you.
so what you are saying is you have nothing
Old 22 Feb 2013, 01:09 (Ref:3208884)   #72
D.R.T.
Veteran

Reading my post that is exactly what I am saying
Old 22 Feb 2013, 01:19 (Ref:3208885)   #73
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
But your opinions dont exactly mean that it is behind clipsal. Unless you have some hard fact that you havent disclosed

You also have no understanding of what the discusion has been with the new government. Maybe they have said , get rid of the international format to save the cost. Now 6.5m becomes 5.5 mill a 15% saving
Old 22 Feb 2013, 01:24 (Ref:3208890)   #74
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Maybe they have said , get rid of the international format to save the cost. Now 6.5m becomes 5.5 mill a 15% saving
But then for what benefit? Your still spending all this money without an outcome which was at the heart of the events viability 3 years ago.

Saving money but still losing - doesnt sound like a liberal (or any smart) government to me
Old 22 Feb 2013, 02:11 (Ref:3208898)   #75
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
But then for what benefit? Your still spending all this money without an outcome which was at the heart of the events viability 3 years ago.

Saving money but still losing - doesnt sound like a liberal (or any smart) government to me
Maybe at 5.5m they dont lose money, maybe it provides the acceptable return. I, like yorself, dont have that information. but ist irrelevant to our discusion

What was the opinion like in Adelaide after 3 years? that is the comparison