Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Mar 2002, 21:48 (Ref:233130)   #1
powermite
Rookie

powermite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
50 Cars at LeMans 2002

A report on www.maisonblanche.co.uk states that there will be 50 starters at this years LeMans.48 as usual plus the 2 Dams cars involved in the making of the film
cheers
PM
Old 12 Mar 2002, 01:34 (Ref:233262)   #2
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's great that there won't be cars sacraficed from racing so the film can still be made, so we still have 48 competitive cars. Although i though the track only had a licence for 48 cars
Old 12 Mar 2002, 04:05 (Ref:233291)   #3
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thought 50 cars was for 03?
Old 12 Mar 2002, 12:41 (Ref:233506)   #4
Big Stu
Rookie

Big Stu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way I read it was that garages will built for the DAMS cars, payed for by the film company, and will be permanent structures. Therfore alowing 50 classified cars from `03 onwards. The only problem I have with the DAMS cars is that they could, potentialy, slow or interfere with other cars, namely Bently, MG, Autoexe Mazda, Morgan. I'm sure they'll move to one side for the Audis though! We'll have to wait and see.
Old 12 Mar 2002, 14:50 (Ref:233598)   #5
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
err, what film?
Old 12 Mar 2002, 18:55 (Ref:233725)   #6
Big Stu
Rookie

Big Stu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This year at Le Mans Luc Besson, a french film director, will be making a film using a Panoz and a Lola. Both cars using two sets of bodywork to give the appearance of four cars! There are rumors of Lola being the good guys and Panoz being the Dick Darstadly's. Apparently there is a french cartoon strip with a character Michel Vaillant that it is based on, but who knows. Just get those Bently, MG and Morgan banners flying!!!
Old 12 Mar 2002, 19:02 (Ref:233729)   #7
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Splatz the Cow
err, what film?
Splatz,
it's all in this thread: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=19082
Old 13 Mar 2002, 13:30 (Ref:234227)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So the film boys get their entry because they cough up the cash for a couple of garages eh? I presume these will be tacked on to the Dunlop end of the pits near the parc ferme? Why the heck didn't someone stump up the cash for a couple more garages years ago so we could have had 50 cars for the last few years?

Presumably #1 - This makes it a racing certainty that the two DAMS cars will be allowed to take part in the race no matter how they perform in practice?

Presumably #2 - The extra garages will be permanent structures meaning a 50 car entry every year from now on?
Old 13 Mar 2002, 13:31 (Ref:234229)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf

Splatz,
it's all in this thread: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=19082
As and when I can get round to it, would it be helpful to merge these threads?
Old 13 Mar 2002, 14:12 (Ref:234254)   #10
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure they won't "race" as such. I guess DAMS will be under orders to make them last to the end. They'll probably get taken out by 911's after half an hour!

But, if it means a 50 car entry for the future, I'm all for it!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 13 Mar 2002 at 18:31.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 18:34 (Ref:234409)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Whoops, sorry Cybers - I thought I was posting a reply to your post and then wondered where it had gone! I clicked edit instead of quote! Sorry mate!! (At least it gives me the chance to use Fab's favourite smiley - )
Old 13 Mar 2002, 18:37 (Ref:234412)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
For anyone who now wonders what Cy posted:-

Originally posted by Aysedasi
Presumably #1 - This makes it a racing certainty that the two DAMS cars will be allowed to take part in the race no matter how they perform in practice?

Yep, they will take part in the race. are we sure they will actually *race*, though?

Presumably #2 - The extra garages will be permanent structures meaning a 50 car entry every year from now on?

Correct.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 18:51 (Ref:234433)   #13
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
(At least it gives me the chance to use Fab's favourite smiley - )
Grrmph...
Very nice Don Panoz impersonation, though
Old 13 Mar 2002, 20:22 (Ref:234511)   #14
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oops
Old 13 Mar 2002, 21:24 (Ref:234553)   #15
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know how many garages there are at the moment ? Maybe it is me being cynical but there are already 2 garages 'tacked' onto the end and still there always seems to be a 911 or two under awning's after that.

I only say that because the lads in the tented pits are so fun to visit as they seem so laid back it's untrue. "May I sit in the car ?" oui ms... "Start it up ?" oui ms.. "Are you going to win ?" oui ms... Maybe it's the French fags they smoke, or could the empty bottle of wine be a clue.

SL
Old 13 Mar 2002, 21:43 (Ref:234566)   #16
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice to see the entry going up, more cars=better because theres more to look at!! (or something like that).

I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing this film and it would be interesting if the Ten tenths crew could get some exposure!!!
Old 14 Mar 2002, 10:34 (Ref:234883)   #17
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SL
[B]Does anyone know how many garages there are at the moment ? Maybe it is me being cynical but there are already 2 garages 'tacked' onto the end and still there always seems to be a 911 or two under awning's after that.

These are only used during practice when the reserves also practice, there are 48 garages in use during the race. what I suspect is there will be 52 Garage's in total, with 50 being used in the race.
Old 15 Mar 2002, 09:24 (Ref:235541)   #18
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Excellent, so in future years we can have not one but two Deborahs...

Out of interest, how is it decided who get the pre-fab garages at the Dunlop end. The WRs seem to have permanent residence there for the last couple of years, is it some sort of booby prize?
Old 15 Mar 2002, 09:32 (Ref:235546)   #19
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
I think the reserves are given these, and should they race then are moved.
I don't know who decides who gets which garage, but I think the top teams can opt for diffrent ends.
Old 15 Mar 2002, 10:43 (Ref:235587)   #20
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
What about... four Deboras ?

I'm sure we could find some Debora fans around, so be nice and don't laugh about them !

Sorry, just kidding, and an occasion for me to use my favourite smilie again, which could for now figure Don Paperbag Panoz ...

Another one ? Oh yes...

Promise, I'm stopping now... but never mind for the junk pits, if it affords two more cars at the start - could be an additionnal Panoz, or brand new Aston, or Morgan, or... Debbies ...

Sorry for that stupid post, I'm just in a good mood, 'cause I go to the track next tuesday, and hope to bring you back some pictures of the new Dunlop declimb (is that the right word ?), between the tire and tertre rouge esses...

Last edited by Fab; 15 Mar 2002 at 10:47.
Old 15 Mar 2002, 10:55 (Ref:235594)   #21
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
FAB
While your there,I would be intrested to know if have the ACO started to build the new grandstands on the pit straight?
I suspect thats next years projects
Old 15 Mar 2002, 16:40 (Ref:235770)   #22
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Grandstands...

Dear Nordic, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed...

ACO spend their money in modifications of La Chapelle curve... idea...

I check it every time I go along the track... nothing two weeks ago... next year, maybe...
Old 15 Mar 2002, 16:42 (Ref:235772)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Warn moderator...

Don't you think I'll get a Warn moderator for all those ? Hi, hi, hi...

Definitely in a good mood... sun is shinning this evening...
Old 15 Mar 2002, 18:55 (Ref:235872)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fab, I think I will have to limit you to one per day!!

And Allon, I will allow you one D***** mention per week!!
Old 15 Mar 2002, 19:02 (Ref:235876)   #25
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Osella is prepared to take on the role of being a Debora fan if no-one else can be bothered. Also Normas accepted willingly.