Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Aug 2002, 10:21 (Ref:349720)   #1
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Line Up for Second GRM Car Confirmed

Max Dumesny and Grant Elliott will Run the 35 GRM valvoline Commodore in the Endurance Races.
Old 4 Aug 2002, 21:51 (Ref:350038)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So who missed out? Mrs Garth Tander, Coleman and co? Max is an interesting choice don't you think?
Old 5 Aug 2002, 01:42 (Ref:350130)   #3
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think they are both interesting choices.

Don't know much about Elliott - what's he done?
Old 5 Aug 2002, 02:04 (Ref:350136)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He raced in historic touring cars before buying an old Lansvale VS, and running it very well in the Konica Series this season.
Old 5 Aug 2002, 04:33 (Ref:350172)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yeah elliot has been impressive in the kiddies class this year and i hope he does well , old Max on the other hand is a strange one , but then I guess the valvoline tie up is the reason , he wasnt that impressive before hand in the John sidney car a few years back but he is a class driver in the sprinters , hopefully they can both have a good run.
Old 5 Aug 2002, 09:46 (Ref:350270)   #6
The Tool Man
Veteran

Dumesny Didnt do to badly back in the Old John Sidney Prepared Falcon a few years ago.
Old 5 Aug 2002, 14:34 (Ref:350470)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yeah but not as well as I and max and John would have liked , lets hope Max does better second time around.
Old 7 Aug 2002, 03:44 (Ref:351947)   #8
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure Valvoline money has put Max in the GRM seat. Elliott is one right out of left field. I'm sure he paid for the seat, but i wonder how much. Did he get a discount because he is talented or did he pay extra because he is unknown?
Old 7 Aug 2002, 14:35 (Ref:352327)   #9
Vienta
Rookie

Vienta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldnt say its confirmed that Elliot has the seat just yet. GRM tested both him and Jamie Whincup just after the last round of the Konica series. Whincup was in Tanders car and Elliot in Barg's car.

David, i can assure you that if Grant Elliot does get the drive that he isnt paying a cent! Grant will have earnt the drive through his performance in the Konica Series. Gary Rogers is one to take a punt on a new driver, e.g Remember when he gave Bargs a full time dirve! Also Grant dosnt own the VS Commodore that he has driven this year. It is owned by Robert Tebb from Sydney Star Truck and Bus. Grant was given the Konica drive after he impressed Rob in historic touring cars, driving his own and then Roberts XU1 Torana.
Old 8 Aug 2002, 02:02 (Ref:352752)   #10
PEPSI
Racer

PEPSI should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Vienta (not Camry I hope ) welcome aboard!

I'm sure Jaimie would do a good job but I know his family are concerned that one small error could affect his career (see Cam McConville etc.) but they are keeping an open mind.

They have some plans for next year that they are focussing on overseas and I certainly wish him well!
Old 8 Aug 2002, 02:42 (Ref:352754)   #11
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Max Dumesny sponsored by Valvoline????. If so, does't Garry Rogers control Valvoline sponsorship in Australia.
Old 8 Aug 2002, 02:58 (Ref:352757)   #12
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
He does. I heard one a while back (don't know how true it is, because I have heard conflicting reports) but apparently the Valvoline money for Max last season wasn't at its previous levels, and Max ran in Valvoline colours as a bit of a thank you for the support over the years.
Old 8 Aug 2002, 03:24 (Ref:352765)   #13
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
well they have been with max for an eternity and he has given them some great value for money , so I really do wish him well , kudos for him for running their sponsorship again , that should show valvoline some kind of loyalty , so maybe this is payback for him doing that ?
Old 8 Aug 2002, 09:51 (Ref:352893)   #14
The Tool Man
Veteran

I can confirm for certain that car 35 will have Dumesny and Elliott aboard

Winchup Impressed look out for his futrure in 2003. Big things may happen for him