Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 7 Jan 2003, 00:03 (Ref:465856)   #1
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steyr & Austro-Daimler

And while I'm still here...
Sadly there is no information whatsoever to be got in Austria about the pre-war racing exploits of Steyr and Austro-Daimler. I know they had a few quite spectacular racecars, (von) Stuck sr. drove for them successfully, a few ended up in Britain, but that's just about it. Where can I find out more?? I'd appreciate any hint.
Old 7 Jan 2003, 13:13 (Ref:466291)   #2
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you drive from Vienna towards the top west side of the country, there's a motorway rest station on a narrow bit of road where the rest station is devoted to the hill climb venue it obviously consumed when it was built. There seems to be a lot of pre war pictures especially in the 'gents'. Maybe some threads there! LOL