Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Dec 2019, 11:15 (Ref:3948916)   #1001
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice cars, whatever.
Attached Thumbnails
See Red b 009.JPG   See Red b 010.JPG   See Red b 011.JPG  

See Red b 014.JPG   See Red b 029.JPG   See Red b 040.JPG  

Old 29 Dec 2019, 11:18 (Ref:3948917)   #1002
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Even more;
Attached Thumbnails
See Red a 028.JPG   See Red a 030.JPG   See Red b 014.JPG  

See Red b 029.JPG   See Red b 040.JPG   See Red b 041.JPG  

Old 30 Dec 2019, 04:44 (Ref:3949000)   #1003
bauble
Veteran

England
Club racing at Snet and Silverstone.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0011.JPG   _MG_0022.JPG   _MG_0030.JPG  

_MG_0033.JPG   _MG_0161.JPG   _MG_0150.JPG  

Old 30 Dec 2019, 04:46 (Ref:3949002)   #1004
bauble
Veteran

England
More of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0008.JPG   _MG_0128.JPG   _MG_0469.JPG  

_MG_0116.JPG   _MG_0064.JPG   _MG_0079.JPG  

Old 30 Dec 2019, 05:04 (Ref:3949005)   #1005
bauble
Veteran

England
24 Hour Racing, not something we get a lot of in the UK, which is a shame I think.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9141.JPG   IMG_9147.JPG   IMG_9159.JPG  

IMG_9149.JPG   IMG_9136.JPG   IMG_9203.JPG  

Old 30 Dec 2019, 05:08 (Ref:3949006)   #1006
bauble
Veteran

England
Because when it gets dark it shows up ones lack of skill with a camera.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9328.jpg   IMG_9330.jpg   IMG_9348.JPG  

IMG_9332.JPG   IMG_9333.JPG   IMG_9335.jpg  

Old 30 Dec 2019, 05:17 (Ref:3949007)   #1007
bauble
Veteran

England
Still it's all grist to the mill, as they say.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9204.JPG   IMG_9351.jpg   IMG_9388.JPG  

IMG_9405.JPG   IMG_9206.JPG   IMG_9330.jpg  

Old 30 Dec 2019, 05:27 (Ref:3949009)   #1008
bauble
Veteran

England
Donington of course, and the VSCC.
Attached Thumbnails
See Red a 028.JPG   See Red a 030.JPG   See Red a 032.JPG  

See Red a 048.JPG   See Red a 049.JPG   See Red a 055.JPG  

Old 30 Dec 2019, 07:57 (Ref:3949015)   #1009
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the last set #1008) I recognise the MGs and Frazer Nashes (only because of the sharpness of baubles pictures lets me read the badges), but I cant quite read the badge on the blue car driven by the bloke with two heads leaning out ) Oh and I got the Morgan;

Last edited by E.B; 30 Dec 2019 at 08:03.
Old 30 Dec 2019, 08:16 (Ref:3949017)   #1010
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
In the last set #1008) I recognise the MGs and Frazer Nashes (only because of the sharpness of baubles pictures lets me read the badges), but I cant quite read the badge on the blue car driven by the bloke with two heads leaning out ) Oh and I got the Morgan;
It is a Talbot 105.
Old 30 Dec 2019, 09:38 (Ref:3949024)   #1011
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
It is a Talbot 105.

This.

DVLA info. (Just for fun ...)

Vehicle Details

Vehicle make: TALBOT AV105
Date of first registration: February 2000
Year of manufacture: 1933
Cylinder capacity: 2969 cc
CO₂ emissions: Not available
Fuel type: PETROL
Euro status: Not available
Real Driving Emissions (RDE): Not available
Export marker: No
Vehicle status: Taxed
Vehicle colour: BLUE
Vehicle type approval: Not available
Wheelplan: 2 AXLE RIGID BODY
Revenue weight: Not available
Date of last V5C (logbook) issued: 26 July 2019

Based on that data it's obviously a replica, right?

Gotta love data.
Old 30 Dec 2019, 10:03 (Ref:3949027)   #1012
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
It is a Talbot 105.
I googled the reg # and was about to post that I now knew what it is (along with the engine and chassis number and competition history, all from a Bonhams Auction sales sheet!) Alas even with my cheating (using google not knowledge) you still beat me to it.

The history is interesting..... and I never knew that delta of this parish posted images for Bonhams (click the link and see the pics )

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/11245/lot/706/
Old 30 Dec 2019, 10:13 (Ref:3949029)   #1013
bauble
Veteran

England
Told you I was not well, I doubled up on a couple of pictures, so now a few Mini's
Attached Thumbnails
151.jpg   160.jpg   167.jpg  

414.jpg   168.jpg   PJO_7302.JPG  

Old 30 Dec 2019, 10:15 (Ref:3949030)   #1014
bauble
Veteran

England
It occurs to me that amongst all of the pictures posted, there must be some that feature viewers on 10/10ths. If so it would be nice to get feedback.
Cheers,

Bauble.
Old 30 Dec 2019, 10:23 (Ref:3949033)   #1015
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
It occurs to me that amongst all of the pictures posted, there must be some that feature viewers on 10/10ths. If so it would be nice to get feedback.
Cheers,

Bauble.
I de keep eagerly waiting Baub but my racing career was very short and a while ago so I suspect I'm waiting in vain!
Old 30 Dec 2019, 17:25 (Ref:3949092)   #1016
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry you haven't been well, Bauble, but at least your early rising gets more pics posted Hope you feel better soon. Not seen all the pictures in this thread - and as I've almost always raced in CSCC don't expect I'm in any of them, but I am enjoying them when I get chance to browse - even though it does show up my ignorance of many of the cars, despite being 1950 vintage myself........

Always recognise my beloved Alfas though
Old 30 Dec 2019, 18:47 (Ref:3949110)   #1017
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
don't expect I'm in any of them,
Your avatar gives that the lie.
Old 30 Dec 2019, 18:57 (Ref:3949111)   #1018
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Sorry you haven't been well, Bauble, but at least your early rising gets more pics posted Hope you feel better soon. Not seen all the pictures in this thread - and as I've almost always raced in CSCC don't expect I'm in any of them, but I am enjoying them when I get chance to browse - even though it does show up my ignorance of many of the cars, despite being 1950 vintage myself........

Always recognise my beloved Alfas though
Thank you for your kind wishes, and as a reward …...
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0128.jpg   _MG_0130.jpg   _MG_0131.jpg  

_MG_0137.jpg   _MG_0144.jpg   _MG_0165.JPG  

Old 30 Dec 2019, 19:04 (Ref:3949113)   #1019
bauble
Veteran

England
These seem to be popular, so here are the rest of them.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5700.jpg   IMG_5708.jpg   IMG_5727.jpg  

IMG_5709.jpg   Pre war 6.jpg  
Old 30 Dec 2019, 19:10 (Ref:3949114)   #1020
bauble
Veteran

England
Straying from the Historic again, but some have a very catholic taste, and will probably appreciate these;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4388.JPG   IMG_4408.JPG   IMG_4409.JPG  

IMG_4411.JPG   IMG_4433.JPG   IMG_4412.JPG  

Old 30 Dec 2019, 19:40 (Ref:3949117)   #1021
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Straying from the Historic again, but some have a very catholic taste, and will probably appreciate these;
I do .
Old 31 Dec 2019, 03:33 (Ref:3949144)   #1022
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
I do .
A little teaser just for you;
Attached Thumbnails
Will 1.JPG   Will 3 (2).jpg   Will 3.JPG  

Will 4.JPG  
Old 31 Dec 2019, 03:36 (Ref:3949145)   #1023
bauble
Veteran

England
Still not sleeping too well, but there again;
Attached Thumbnails
See Red a 093.JPG   See Red a 120.JPG   See Red a 124.JPG  

See Red a 132.JPG   See Red a 134.JPG   See Red b 065.JPG  

Old 31 Dec 2019, 07:29 (Ref:3949149)   #1024
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Still not sleeping too well, but there again;
Sorry you are not feeling too chipper, Bob, and wish you a full and swift recovery. However your middle of (your) night additions give me something to look at in my daytime for once.

Edit: In 1022 I actually know all the cars Williams, Ginetta, Audi, Morgan, and even spotted a little clue that one pic might be Snetterton!
But what the teaser is I have no idea.

Last edited by E.B; 31 Dec 2019 at 07:36.
Old 31 Dec 2019, 09:15 (Ref:3949173)   #1025
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post

Edit: In 1022 I actually know all the cars Williams, Ginetta, Audi, Morgan, and even spotted a little clue that one pic might be Snetterton!
But what the teaser is I have no idea.
With Williams and Morgan I was starting to think Welsh names, but Hywel Ginetta and Blodwyn Audi are a step too far

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk