Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Feb 2019, 06:51 (Ref:3881594)   #426
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The pass for the win was exactly what to pro drivers are sup-posed to do. Just perfect. So much of a chance to fail and they both drove impeccably.

And that guy Marciello really fought hard on old tires.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 06:56 (Ref:3881595)   #427
Maggo
Racer

Germany
Maggo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Because, sarcasm.

I was thinking the same about minimum pitstop times.
Nobody needs that

Awesome race
Old 3 Feb 2019, 06:58 (Ref:3881596)   #428
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Patriots win! I mean, Porsche wins!

Awesome event every year.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 06:58 (Ref:3881597)   #429
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Really enjoyed that race all day... and that finish!

MY car came 2nd oh well
Old 3 Feb 2019, 08:06 (Ref:3881605)   #430
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
NFA/no penalty on the Campbell vs Mostert clash at the Chase. 912 officially has the win.

https://www.supercars.com/news/bathu...?sf207145038=1
Old 3 Feb 2019, 10:07 (Ref:3881615)   #431
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
She's not the newest Audi in the fleet, with lots of miles with lots of learning drivers aboard... hopefully a full birthday was in her future before the event
Highest-placed Audi in the end.

Not a bad result for just keeping out of trouble, and going as quick as necessary.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 11:23 (Ref:3881641)   #432
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For me I think the move on Mostert was fairly poor, but to be utterly trivial anything to wipe the grin from the little cretin Farfus wagging finger face after what he was doing earlier in the race is worthwhile, never liked him, was a dirty driver in WTCC years ago and seems to get away with murder. So for me no action either even though the move was fairly desperate.

Rest of Campbells moves were superb.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 12:24 (Ref:3881650)   #433
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
For me I think the move on Mostert was fairly poor, but to be utterly trivial anything to wipe the grin from the little cretin Farfus wagging finger face after what he was doing earlier in the race is worthwhile, never liked him, was a dirty driver in WTCC years ago and seems to get away with murder. So for me no action either even though the move was fairly desperate.

Rest of Campbells moves were superb.
Your right, some years back Farfus had a hell of a reputation in the Alfas in the ETCC/WTCC I think before he got the nod to join BMW but I don't believe that this condones the hip and shoulder treatment that Mostert received from Campbell. I'm really surprised they didn't get a penalty but otherwise a superb drive by Cambell to get the win for Porsche, that overtake on the Aston over the mountain was sublime. Great race, super quality stream, thanks to all concerned.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 13:13 (Ref:3881654)   #434
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Agreed, amazing quality stream, never missed a beat all race (that I watched) even wirelessly on a PS4!

I would think the fact that like Americans the Aussies probably did not want to make fans and tv wait for a result played a minor part in the decision.

But as I say, the BMW drivers were among the worst in terms of blocking at pointless occasions after a few hours, so fairs fair.
Old 3 Feb 2019, 14:16 (Ref:3881659)   #435
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
So the Bentley drivers asked for the car's kill switch to be moved to the steering wheel so they could stop the car quicker if there's an issue.

https://www.motorsport.com/endurance...utton/4332182/

And of course they accidentally hit it now that it's on the steering wheel...
Old 3 Feb 2019, 14:58 (Ref:3881661)   #436
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I made it 11:50....woke up to a blank screen.

Just wrapped it up. Great race and great finish! One of my favorite events of the year and it didn't disappoint!
Old 3 Feb 2019, 15:36 (Ref:3881668)   #437
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree that it was an ugly pass but given the pace of the Porsche (and the way the BMW's had been driven for much of the race), I didn't have much sympathy for them. Campbell was clean for the rest of the race, though his move for the lead definitely cut it fine!

I also agree with regards to the livestream. Few odd camera decisions made by the director (I don't care about seeing the reactions of the team when there is a scrap occurring on track), but the stream itself played perfectly for me. I actually went back and re-watched a few moments in the last hour after the race finished.

I see that Campbell has been officially given the all clear, so the final result stands!

Bathurst 12 Hour - Matt Campbell Cleared
Old 3 Feb 2019, 15:55 (Ref:3881672)   #438
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
So the Bentley drivers asked for the car's kill switch to be moved to the steering wheel so they could stop the car quicker if there's an issue.

Thanks for the link! (Not ‘they’ but ‘he’, unless there’s more to the story!)

I’m just getting my CV ready to send to Msport.....
Old 3 Feb 2019, 22:14 (Ref:3881752)   #439
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post

I think the new Porsche's (inc RSR) have the kills switch on the steering wheel.
Old 4 Feb 2019, 00:40 (Ref:3881769)   #440
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How poor must the brakes/running of the #888 Vodafone Benz have been when the pilot literally falls out of the car in cramped up pain? Story Here

Cant recall any race driver saying they had to use 2 feet to pull the car up!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Feb 2019, 02:57 (Ref:3881801)   #441
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Story goes AMG said that was normal...

Can't imagine if Triple Eight would bother next year. Certainly not with a Merc.
Old 4 Feb 2019, 04:40 (Ref:3881818)   #442
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
No AMG equivalent of Bob Morris around?
Old 4 Feb 2019, 05:17 (Ref:3881819)   #443
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

Can't imagine if Triple Eight would bother next year. Certainly not with a Merc.
Lol, more likely that Merc won't bother with T8.
Old 4 Feb 2019, 05:47 (Ref:3881821)   #444
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Maybe a brake fluid issue, like the power steering fluid issue at the B1000 last year?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Feb 2019, 07:17 (Ref:3881827)   #445
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a master cylinder issue, though I assume they would have changed that when seeking a solution.
Old 4 Feb 2019, 11:12 (Ref:3881847)   #446
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

No other Mercedes had the issue, nor did Whincup in 2018 or SVG in 2017 forays with the AMG GT3. Looks like a 888 issue rather than a Mercedes one.
Old 4 Feb 2019, 11:22 (Ref:3881849)   #447
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
In your opinion..
How about Marshall Pruett’s opinion - is that up to your standards?
Old 4 Feb 2019, 11:36 (Ref:3881852)   #448
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
No other Mercedes had the issue, nor did Whincup in 2018 or SVG in 2017 forays with the AMG GT3. Looks like a 888 issue rather than a Mercedes one.
Surely being fobbed-off when seeking assistance on such an important function of the car would leave somewhat of a bitter taste in the mouths of those at Triple Eight.
Old 4 Feb 2019, 15:38 (Ref:3881896)   #449
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another banging race at Bathurst and an awesome swansong for the V12 Vantage. I couldn't take my eyes off it for the last hour or so!
Old 4 Feb 2019, 22:16 (Ref:3881971)   #450
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a ripper of a race! The late race fight for the lead was the highlight, that move by Matty Campbell was sublime, in contrast to the elbow he gave the Bimmer. Interesting to see the 999 on shot tyres holding off its sister car, the last time we saw a Merc on shot tyres in the final laps it ended badly! This time the driver of that car couldn't make his fresh tyre advantage work.

Intriguing that the 888 couldn't fix a brake problem, nor get a functioning effective coolsuit working. Now the 999 claims its 'win' was stolen by the officials https://www.motorsport.com/endurance...ently/4332406/ - lol - I guess everybody but the 912 thinks their 'win' was 'stolen' by something or someone!!!