Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24 May 2019, 16:31 (Ref:3905529)   #10
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Indeed. Be afraid, Be very afraid. Glad she's gone though. Amongst a bunch of liars and cheats she managed to outdo them all.
There was a time when I was a lot younger during which the concept of non-violent anarchy, were it possible, had some appeal as a means of shaking things up in the socio-political arena.

I fairly soon came to the conclusion that it would be interesting to watch from afar rather than be part of the (non?) process. ('Non' because I think by definitions 'anarchy' cannot be a process ...)

In recent times we have seen various parts of the world and some countries, near and far, head down the road that leads to anarchy with some going further along the journey than others.

I think there is a good chance we might get a first hand "Anarchy Experience" show ourselves in the next few months, possibly constrained to affect only the political bubble but it may extend into the public areas.

The potential seems to exist no matter which 'party leader' gains responsibility but could be much more instructive if it turns out to be Corbyn (long term) or Johnson in the short term. Or any of the other 'party leaders', IMO, over any term.

A suitable group of MEPs to stir things up for a few months in Europe whilst Italy and others grapple with their own forms of semi-anarchy.

Perhaps a sign of the times in which we live?

However, in the news today was a report I have yet to read fully about the UK needing to shift to a 9 hour working week to 'fight' Climate Change. I assume the disappearance of British Steel and its CO2 generating potential will not change those proposed numbers very much.

That sounds like an interesting concept and if implemented should leave a lot of impecunious people with a lot of unoccupied time. A great recipe for a period of anarchy!