Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Jul 2019, 17:50 (Ref:3919057)   #26
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I'd have been better coming to this rather than going to Anglesey - mate went out in qualy and after 5 laps reported that the newly refurbished clutch was slipping - I went out and got 2.5 laps before it expired completely in a cloud of evil-smelling smoke. Is less than 20 miles a record for destroying a clutch?

Glad it all went well, Iain
Old 23 Jul 2019, 21:23 (Ref:3919098)   #27
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I'd have been better coming to this rather than going to Anglesey - mate went out in qualy and after 5 laps reported that the newly refurbished clutch was slipping - I went out and got 2.5 laps before it expired completely in a cloud of evil-smelling smoke. Is less than 20 miles a record for destroying a clutch?

Glad it all went well, Iain
I feel for you; you are not alone but you've broken my record. I had one do 30 laps of Mallory testing with no problems, then failed on the second qualifying lap at Silverstone for the Birkett the following day - wasn't very amused at that!
Old 23 Jul 2019, 21:48 (Ref:3919102)   #28
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I had a halfshaft break off the start line at Oulton Park after I'd put it on the front row. It was sods law that it didn't fail in qualification !!! It didn't help that Oulton is one of the furthest tracks from my home that we were using for the series at the time
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Jul 2019, 04:30 (Ref:3919133)   #29
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We have gone off topic but it’s fun hearing all these tales of wow. In 1994 FF2000 pre 80 class me and another competitor had some very fearless racing all through the year . There was nothing in it going to last race at Mallory . I sat there in collecting area very pumped up when his mechanic came over and said “well done champ “,Looking up at him confused he said “ their radiator had just exploded . As the old saying goes . I did not want to win like that but I sure was happy .