Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Jan 2001, 23:12 (Ref:59259)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mark Larkham?

Is Mark Larkham a silly name? A non-racing friend thinks so....

How do we think he and the other 2nd level Ford guys like Ellery, Weel, Jones, McLean will go this season? Who will be on top at the end of the year?

I know this is way off topic, but I think I might starta new thing here (kind of like Star Wars names) Mark Larkham names! What you do is, for the first letter of your second name take the first letter of your first name and take one letter to it (ie. A->Z, D->C, Y->X, Z->Y etc etc), add to it the remaining letters of your first name, and then "ham" on the end.

A few examples are:
David Cavidham
Craig Braigham
Marcus Larcusham
Liz Kizham
Michael Lichaelham
Kevin Jevinham
Brian Arianham

etc etc blah blah...

Give it a go!
Old 18 Jan 2001, 23:55 (Ref:59267)   #2
PBrock
Rookie

PBrock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ummm have you been drinking?
Old 19 Jan 2001, 01:06 (Ref:59289)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
dont tell me you did get struck by lightning ???
Old 19 Jan 2001, 04:12 (Ref:59299)   #4
Barbie Girl
Rookie

Barbie Girl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think that Crash Test's friend is right about Mark Larkham's name. It is stupid.

What sort of name is Crash Test anyway?

I reckon Ellery will win again this year. Go you good thing!
Old 19 Jan 2001, 05:19 (Ref:59303)   #5
PBrock
Rookie

PBrock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to the forum Barbie Girl. Looks like you are one of those ford supporters.
Old 19 Jan 2001, 06:15 (Ref:59305)   #6
Ray Singcar
Rookie

Ray Singcar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry for Mark that he has lost his Mitre 10 Sponsorship but he will come back bigger and better than ever.
Speaking of silly names it's harder to beat Dugal McDugal...his parents must not have liked him.

Fords will rule this year with Radishi & Besnard leading the way and Lowndes coming on strong for the enduros.

Going to be very interesting for the top teams employing fast experienced co drivers this year. Bright is now full time. Baird will be full time...expect Longhurst should also have a permanent gig...big chance for the young blokes..and Mr Crettan oops Crennan should save his money on the poms and get some fast aussie kids. Maybe with out the benefit of Lowndes merchandise sales he will only be able to run 1 car by then!!!
Old 19 Jan 2001, 08:46 (Ref:59311)   #7
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome Barbie

Barbie Girl,

I would have liked to be the first to welcome you to the forum but bloody Brocky beat me to it. You think I'd be used to that by now!

"Speaking of silly names it's harder to beat Dugal McDugal...his parents must not have liked him."

Definitely one long and difficult labor if the kids name is any indication!

Now Crash Baby, I'll take a three kilo's of whatever your smoking.

Moffat.

Old 19 Jan 2001, 18:57 (Ref:59390)   #8
Didderly
Rookie

Didderly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My god, their like a bunch of dogs on heat!!

They get a wiff of a Girly new to the forum, and they all start chasing after her.
Old 19 Jan 2001, 21:52 (Ref:59429)   #9
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Barbie Girl and welcome to the forum.
Didderly,
Cant we be nice and welcome new people to the forum, By the way hello to you too

Crash, things must be very boring at your place at the moment
Old 20 Jan 2001, 04:08 (Ref:59465)   #10
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agghhh....it's just been an incredibly looong summer...and the V8s wont be in town for another 6 months! At least there is plenty of speedway and state stuff going on before then.

And hi ho Barb, grab a breezer or some girly drink and sit down, because DON'T FORGET, YOU'RE HERE FOREVER!!...BWAHAHAHA
Old 20 Jan 2001, 10:49 (Ref:59486)   #11
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
so is this the official V8 supercar party thread ???
Old 20 Jan 2001, 11:11 (Ref:59490)   #12
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marcus

Looks like it. But for a dog on heat I'm in a fairly relaxed and somber (plus sober) mood though.
Old 21 Jan 2001, 05:59 (Ref:59587)   #13
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah ok, this can be the official party thred

But could you imagine a party with the V8 mob? Ingall would be smashing into everyone, making them drop their drink, and there would probably be a few hissy fits and cat fights after the silly season that it has been...
Old 21 Jan 2001, 11:42 (Ref:59606)   #14
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not only that, the guys who drink all the time would be complaining that the guys who only drink once a year are too slow and they are hogging the bar and they shouldn't have been invited in the first place. :
Old 21 Jan 2001, 11:57 (Ref:59609)   #15
Airhead
Veteran

With regard to Ingall I can see him crashing the Bar with his Ducati, Termi's and all. Placing the bike front wheel into the wall and doing a burn out. This is actually great for carpet, and breathing, and clearing the Bar.

I've seen this done once before in a suburban Pub but it was with a Harley not a Duke. Usually the coffee shop set don't go in for it. But Russell could be the exception to the rule.
Old 21 Jan 2001, 17:09 (Ref:59646)   #16
Didderly
Rookie

Didderly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry everyone.

Didn't mean to be rude, just attempting Cynical Humour! But i guess you had to be there?

Deepest apoligizes.
Old 22 Jan 2001, 02:37 (Ref:59731)   #17
Barbie Girl
Rookie

Barbie Girl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just wanted to thank you guys for being so friendly.

Hey Crash Test, there is nothing wrong with breezers, lots of men drink them too.

Hey Moffat, where was this pub, sounds like fun!
Old 22 Jan 2001, 02:49 (Ref:59736)   #18
Airhead
Veteran

Barbie,

The North Coast of New South Wales Australia.

It was great fun as:
1. It was not my bike and he blew the belt which is used for the final drive to the rear wheel,
2. I'd had a few drinks,
3. I like lots of noise,
4. I like the smell of burning rubber,
5. I'd had a few drinks.
Old 22 Jan 2001, 08:50 (Ref:59752)   #19
hoffy
Racer

hoffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not like the dude who tried a burnout out thefront of the Isle of Man on Phillip Island. He even got it in top gear before he realised he'd totally f'd the clutch. It might have had somthing to do with every one pee'ing themselves laughing at him.

Now, where's Alan Heath. Im sure he'd have some Coopers for me to drink.
Old 22 Jan 2001, 14:21 (Ref:59805)   #20
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I believe Allan Heath has taken all the Coopers with him for his team at Daytona !!!

GO HEATHY !!!!
Old 24 Jan 2001, 09:59 (Ref:60041)   #21
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry guys, Ive been away for a few days and it looks like i nearly missed the party
At a v8 party you would have a few problems. Half the feild would be in the night club,called Planet Mork, Craig harris would be the bouncer and anyone but ingall would be allowed in.
Craig Lowndes & Jason Bright would be trying to pick up each others drinks all night.
And at the end of the night Larry would dispute the bar bill and we would all end up in court.

Anyway whos got the Bundy and coke?
Old 24 Jan 2001, 10:26 (Ref:60044)   #22
hoffy
Racer

hoffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geez, I thought I'd never see the day when I saw someone say 'go Heathy' on the touring car forum.

I gotta totally agree tho, Go Heathy!!!1
Old 25 Jan 2001, 01:02 (Ref:60220)   #23
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I must agree hoffy.. i had never heard of Allan Heath before he purchased Allan moffat's Cenovis Falcon and of course completely wrote the car off at forrest Elbow.

This year i though he has done reasonably well..i totally love his coopers AU and then when he landed the ALMS drive at Adelaide ..i didnt think much either..but to pull off 2nd place was awesome..and now he's off to Daytona..what a legend..

I will say it again ...GO HEATHY !!!!!
Old 25 Jan 2001, 12:29 (Ref:60269)   #24
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heathy who?

Those of you who follow Historic Touring Cars would remember that before buying Moffat's Cenovis EB, Heathy spent years dominating the S.A. Historic touring Car scene in his immaculate 289 powered '64 Falcon Sprint. The car was jet black with aqua 'Cobra' stripes and very weel presented. He raced at the Lakeside Historic meeting in 1998 as well as a number of Historic meetings in NSW and Victoria.
Old 28 Jan 2001, 09:28 (Ref:60707)   #25
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's also the guy who decided to persue Greg Crick in a civil court for damages in the case of the 1998 Forrests Elbow pile-up.

yours
Mark Jones