Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 5 Sep 2021, 10:40 (Ref:4072131)   #1176
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I know it's not a performance metric, but if there was an award for the cars I took the most photos of during Le Mans - the 007s would win, hands down. And I bet I'm not the only one.

1 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
Old 5 Sep 2021, 13:32 (Ref:4072136)   #1177
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They certainly were shaken but not stirred
Old 6 Sep 2021, 00:05 (Ref:4072221)   #1178
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Over the weekend Glickenhaus Social media interactions.
Care to guess?
Old 6 Sep 2021, 13:19 (Ref:4072336)   #1179
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
Over the weekend Glickenhaus Social media interactions.
Care to guess?
I'm guessing there were thoughtful messages and respectful discussions like there normally are on social media?
Old 6 Sep 2021, 13:58 (Ref:4072342)   #1180
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'm guessing there were thoughtful messages and respectful discussions like there normally are on social media?
The one's I count are those that are and result in meaniful interactions.
30,000,000 of them were.
Old 6 Sep 2021, 21:43 (Ref:4072398)   #1181
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The one's I count are those that are and result in meaniful interactions.

30,000,000 of them were.
That is great! I still see people posting Le Mans pics and I hope they don't stop!
Old 7 Sep 2021, 06:40 (Ref:4072445)   #1182
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I know it's not a performance metric, but if there was an award for the cars I took the most photos of during Le Mans - the 007s would win, hands down. And I bet I'm not the only one.

1 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
Blur your eyes enough, and it looks like it's just overtaken a Mazda...

Great picture mate.
Old 7 Sep 2021, 09:04 (Ref:4072461)   #1183
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

Great picture mate.
Yes, I thought that too!

For me, the Glickenhaus was by far the best looking car at Le Mans....
Old 7 Sep 2021, 11:36 (Ref:4072479)   #1184
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
For me, the Glickenhaus was by far the best looking car at Le Mans....
Yes
Old 7 Sep 2021, 11:59 (Ref:4072481)   #1185
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

Great picture mate.
Oh yes, wonder if that colour scheme is deliberate?
Old 7 Sep 2021, 13:44 (Ref:4072496)   #1186
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Oh yes, wonder if that colour scheme is deliberate?

team name is Racing Team India Eurasia, while until last year was just Eurasia motorsport... guess the livery is based on indian flag colour scheme, because of sponsorship deals maybe
Old 7 Sep 2021, 14:40 (Ref:4072500)   #1187
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
team name is Racing Team India Eurasia, while until last year was just Eurasia motorsport... guess the livery is based on indian flag colour scheme, because of sponsorship deals maybe
I think you'll find the team was effectively Algarve Pro run, until they jumped ship after the AsLMS. My son was a mechanic for that car (or the equivalent Oreca at the time) in the AsLMS. I even have the team mask to prove it.....
Old 7 Sep 2021, 15:41 (Ref:4072513)   #1188
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think you'll find the team was effectively Algarve Pro run, until they jumped ship after the AsLMS. My son was a mechanic for that car (or the equivalent Oreca at the time) in the AsLMS. I even have the team mask to prove it.....

I have no difficulties on believing what you wrote, afterall there are more than few lmp2 teams like g-drive or realtime that are actually managed by other teams, I guessed that indian flag based livery of ligier is because of sponsorship reasons considering the word "India" is now part of the team name, for likely same sponsorship reasons.
Old 7 Sep 2021, 15:42 (Ref:4072515)   #1189
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Undoubtedly true, although all of the original Asian drivers departed, for some reason - likely financial.....
Old 15 Sep 2021, 14:41 (Ref:4074087)   #1190
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
DSC catches up with Jim

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...to-toyota.html

The team plans to be on the WEC grid next season for Sebring and the European rounds prior to Le Mans.

Also, again clarifies that the team wants more power to try and match the Toyotas. New tires for next year will help, but won't be the single fix.
Old 15 Sep 2021, 14:53 (Ref:4074090)   #1191
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sebring
Old 15 Sep 2021, 16:48 (Ref:4074105)   #1192
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Sebring
They better watch out though, that is a shared weekend with IMSA. Someone from management might slash their tires or something!

Or IMSA would put their transporter in the worst spot by the bathrooms or something!
Old 16 Sep 2021, 00:04 (Ref:4074154)   #1193
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
They better watch out though, that is a shared weekend with IMSA. Someone from management might slash their tires or something!

Or IMSA would put their transporter in the worst spot by the bathrooms or something!
Or a sign on the back, deposit your used couches here.
Old 17 Sep 2021, 11:32 (Ref:4074341)   #1194
Napolis
Veteran

^ you guys are right. Keeping in mind how IMSA is acting towards us we should probably skip Sebring.
Old 17 Sep 2021, 12:11 (Ref:4074343)   #1195
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
^ you guys are right. Keeping in mind how IMSA is acting towards us we should probably skip Sebring.
Please don't, it is the best chance for American fans to see y'all!
Old 17 Sep 2021, 12:47 (Ref:4074345)   #1196
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I’ve got someone who loves your car coming over from England specifically for Sebring.

Old 29 Oct 2021, 13:22 (Ref:4080558)   #1197
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
They just had a short instagram live video of the 709 in a garage trackside with the engine warming up and tire warmers on the tires. Not sure where they were at, but it appears they will be doing some running.

Edit: they are at Monticello.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 13:11 (Ref:4081945)   #1198
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://www-motorsport-com.cdn.amppr...r%2F6754957%2F
Old 7 Nov 2021, 13:46 (Ref:4081950)   #1199
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
Not a surprise, is it? When the championship is over subscribed ...
Old 7 Nov 2021, 14:18 (Ref:4081954)   #1200
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
As expected. Jim felt it was not worth continuing after Le Mans, and the ACO feel it will not be worth admitting partial-season entrants next year.

No blame needed here, before everyone jumps to one "side" or the "other." Both SCG & ACO benefitted from having the 007 LMHs at Le Mans this year, and while I hope they're back next year, the race will go on without them.