Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 27 Nov 2019, 10:16 (Ref:3943139)   #226
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Farnbacher is confirmed at MSR. James is also confirmed in the Aston...
Old 27 Nov 2019, 13:21 (Ref:3943181)   #227
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Farnbacher is confirmed at MSR. James is also confirmed in the Aston...
You are right of course, I misread the article.. Farnbacher and Riberas were with the team when it raced in GTD last
Old 27 Nov 2019, 14:10 (Ref:3943191)   #228
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Weather tech yes I think so

McLaren will be 1-2 cars with compass racing, definitely one in sprint cup, aiming for a full season entry

Lamborghini have confirmed Nielsen / Legge

The new Aston is Farnbacher / Riberas
Compass has said it's another Sprint Cup season for them, budget doesn't seem likely to come for full entry fee and full season sadly.

I didn't see drivers announced with the team line-up for Heart of Racing last night. Assuming James might want to run in the enduros or just Daytona.
Old 27 Nov 2019, 16:44 (Ref:3943219)   #229
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
The new Aston is Farnbacher / Riberas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Farnbacher/Riberas in the Aston? That’s a better lineup then I was hoping for. Good stuff
Neither of those 2 are silver/bronze.

-mike
Old 27 Nov 2019, 21:45 (Ref:3943273)   #230
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well Paul Miller seems to be the early favorite for GTD now, Brian Sellers and Madison Snow are back in the Lamborghini. It seems IMSA is returning him to silver as the FIA rated him

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/s...ller-for-2020/
Old 2 Dec 2019, 19:41 (Ref:3944364)   #231
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Death of the ford program complete, no private cars at Daytona or Sebring, an no Ganassi in sportscars for the first time in nearly 2 decades:

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/c...-imsa-program/
Old 2 Dec 2019, 20:01 (Ref:3944368)   #232
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Death of the ford program complete, no private cars at Daytona or Sebring, an no Ganassi in sportscars for the first time in nearly 2 decades:

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/c...-imsa-program/
Probably saw it coming I guess it softens the blow some. Felt similar to the Falken Porsche team finishing up in 2015 as well. The opposite was the sudden shut down of the Dodge Viper team in 2014. Something thing that I think still set the series as a whole back until Ford came in. Its a blow to GTLM for sure. The new Corvettes and Porsches will help some just in terms of interest since obviously it does not help in grid numbers.
Old 2 Dec 2019, 20:05 (Ref:3944371)   #233
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Does anybody else think we are looking at a 2020 Daytona 24 grid of under 45 cars? The positive is that it can allow for much fewer potential for safety cars to come out. That part I am looking forward to. The negative is the prospect of unemployed racing crew members and drivers will feel much more real. The Ford GTs especially will be missed big time. But I will also miss the screaming Porsche 911 RSR 16s. The 19s will have a cool sound too, but it won't be same. Also the liveries are not impressive one bit. I did enjoy the white/red/black Porsche crest one, which we said good bye to after Laguna Seca. I would have rather Corvette keep both of their cars to yellow as well.
Old 2 Dec 2019, 23:37 (Ref:3944418)   #234
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I think in the 40-48 car range is about right and deceasing after that.
As for the losses, I can't say I'll miss the Ford or the previous Porsches. Wasn't ever a fan of the Ford, nothing against it but didn't like the look and my God it sounded bad on SC laps. But then the BMW does there as well. As for the Porsche, that wasn't a pretty noise at all. It was just painful, and not enjoyable at all. It wasn't the volume but the pitch, it was piercing without any character.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 14:06 (Ref:3944545)   #235
MaskedRacer
Veteran

No Mirko Bertolotti in IMSA full time 2020 now. He has left Grasser Lamborghini after many years with them to drive for Audi. We really don't know the Grasser driver line up yet. Will be curious to see how they do on a full time basis nevertheless. Especially up against Sellers/Snow. Who have proven to be a great team. Lamborghini should hook them up with GT World Challenge races too. Sellers/Snow would do well at places like Spa I think.

As far as an Audi presence in IMSA in 2020? Who knows. Have heard nothing.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 14:36 (Ref:3944559)   #236
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
No Mirko Bertolotti in IMSA full time 2020 now. He has left Grasser Lamborghini after many years with them to drive for Audi. We really don't know the Grasser driver line up yet. Will be curious to see how they do on a full time basis nevertheless. Especially up against Sellers/Snow. Who have proven to be a great team. Lamborghini should hook them up with GT World Challenge races too. Sellers/Snow would do well at places like Spa I think.

As far as an Audi presence in IMSA in 2020? Who knows. Have heard nothing.
Is the Grasser car the one Legge and Nielsen are running in?
Old 3 Dec 2019, 16:16 (Ref:3944578)   #237
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I think in the 40-48 car range is about right and deceasing after that.
As for the losses, I can't say I'll miss the Ford or the previous Porsches. Wasn't ever a fan of the Ford, nothing against it but didn't like the look and my God it sounded bad on SC laps. But then the BMW does there as well. As for the Porsche, that wasn't a pretty noise at all. It was just painful, and not enjoyable at all. It wasn't the volume but the pitch, it was piercing without any character.
Hard disagree on the porsches. Those things sound awesome. Ear splitting, but awesome. I won't miss the fords as much as I will what losing them represents. A 6 car gtlm field looks like the beginning of a downward spiral like what gt1 became. Lot more subtraction overall than addition this offseason, which is not encouraging. Hopefully there's a bounceback in the near future.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 19:56 (Ref:3944625)   #238
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Is the Grasser car the one Legge and Nielsen are running in?
I thought they're running 2 cars with the Legge and Nielsen car being one of them.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 22:23 (Ref:3944638)   #239
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I thought they're running 2 cars with the Legge and Nielsen car being one of them.
DSC saying today a second Grasser car could feature Mr Potter, essentially absorbing the Magnus racing programme that was previously in doubt for 2020
Old 4 Dec 2019, 02:41 (Ref:3944655)   #240
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I thought that Magnus was in doubt due to Potter retiring from driving? Same reason the Core Nissan DPI program is no more due to Jon Bennet retiring from competitive driving. Am I correct on that or did I mishear/misread something?
Old 4 Dec 2019, 19:00 (Ref:3944822)   #241
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well Braun is off the market and sadly just for Daytona with Dragonspeed and maybe some ELMS running. It sounds like he could not be the 3rd driver for the remaining enduros though in an LMP2 car.
Old 5 Dec 2019, 01:44 (Ref:3944886)   #242
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Nobody knows the Lamborghini Hurican like Grasser racing. Maybe John P was persuaded to give it another shot with those guys behind the mechanics of the car. I admire this for sure. The big questions for GTD now is the status of the 1) 2nd Shank car 2)Any Audi presence at all 3)Any Mercedes presence beyond the Riley/Robinson car
Old 5 Dec 2019, 12:57 (Ref:3944953)   #243
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Nobody knows the Lamborghini Hurican like Grasser racing. Maybe John P was persuaded to give it another shot with those guys behind the mechanics of the car. I admire this for sure. The big questions for GTD now is the status of the 1) 2nd Shank car 2)Any Audi presence at all 3)Any Mercedes presence beyond the Riley/Robinson car
It appears

1. Shank is pursuing money and drivers for it so I'd expect at least an enduro program from him
2. Likely not any longer without Land returning for the enduros again
3. Likely no, it doesn't seem like any other teams have even hinted at interest
Old 5 Dec 2019, 19:54 (Ref:3945048)   #244
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
It appears

1. Shank is pursuing money and drivers for it so I'd expect at least an enduro program from him
2. Likely not any longer without Land returning for the enduros again
3. Likely no, it doesn't seem like any other teams have even hinted at interest
Thanks for the update! I still think full season POINTS GTD grid will be pretty good. Maybe 14 cars perhaps. Will be needed to make sure the overall VIR race gets to 20 cars. As a fan of GT racing first and foremost I want my all-GT races protected! Can certainly see several teams not doing Long Beach and Detroit. Don't blame them one bit for skipping those rounds. Not the biggest fan of GTD Sprint being added to Long Beach despite understanding the reasons for it. Whenver it was Prototype/GTLM only, I always saw Long Beach as being an all star race for the Weathertech series but with points.
Old 5 Dec 2019, 23:35 (Ref:3945088)   #245
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
That is fantastic! So I can't remember all the teams but I think GTD will feature:

Porsche

Lambo

Acura

Lexus

BMW

Mercedes

Ferrari - is Weathertech returning?

Aston

McLaren - also can't remember their status.
Weathertech is returning with Cooper and Vilander in the Scuderia Corsa. Westphal in for the enduros and Alessandro Balzan in for Daytona.

Looks like Cooper bought the first 2020 Evo chassis and had its shakedown at Fiorano recently.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/m...i-488-gt3-evo/
Old 6 Dec 2019, 02:59 (Ref:3945107)   #246
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Weathertech is returning with Cooper and Vilander in the Scuderia Corsa. Westphal in for the enduros and Alessandro Balzan in for Daytona.

Looks like Cooper bought the first 2020 Evo chassis and had its shakedown at Fiorano recently.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/m...i-488-gt3-evo/
Nice, that just adds to the diversity of the class. Great set of drivers too. Wish Balzan was in for the full season, but it's not like Tony is a slouch.
Old 8 Dec 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3945587)   #247
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
More entries announced:

https://racer.com/2019/12/07/tower-m...sa-lmp2-field/

(We might have known about this GTD double entry for a while but not sure)

https://racer.com/2019/12/07/long-ha...rt-gtd-return/

Edit: it's the official confirmation.

Last edited by Coach Ep; 8 Dec 2019 at 16:01.
Old 9 Dec 2019, 17:25 (Ref:3945765)   #248
MaskedRacer
Veteran

LMP2 IMSA entries from what I know so far:

Dragonspeed, Era, Performance Tech, PR1 are full timers
Rick Ware and Starworks are NAEC only
Old 9 Dec 2019, 20:34 (Ref:3945807)   #249
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I'm afraid the Rick Ware project is gonna be in for quite the shock at the Roar test when they discover how much of horse wagon the Riley is and I cannot imagine them going into the actual race with it. They'll probably lease an available Oreca (or Ligier) at the last minute or drop out all together...
Old 9 Dec 2019, 20:57 (Ref:3945812)   #250
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I'm afraid the Rick Ware project is gonna be in for quite the shock at the Roar test when they discover how much of horse wagon the Riley is and I cannot imagine them going into the actual race with it. They'll probably lease an available Oreca (or Ligier) at the last minute or drop out all together...
You get free laps back at Daytona after every caution so I'm not sure why it matters how much of a dog the chassis is at Roar and qualifying and wherever. It's likely going 100% rent ride anyway.

Remember that the car did actually get classified finish at LM 2017