Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Sep 2021, 17:37 (Ref:4076156)   #1
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Castle Combe Autumn Classic

For those of us unable to get to Spa, the Castle Combe Autumn Classic will offer its own unique brand of nostalgia this weekend. Grids are a bit thin in places and the weather promises changeable at best but, for this traditionalist at least, it is one of the best days of the year. Chain gang FNs round Camp - always a treat
Old 29 Sep 2021, 05:41 (Ref:4076220)   #2
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Always a great meeting, in spite of the guaranteed monsoon weather. I'll put some photos up on here if I'm able to take any.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 07:25 (Ref:4076229)   #3
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First meeting for me in nearly two and a half years and according to the lovely Carol Kirkwood a deluge is going to cross the country between Saturday night and Sunday morning. About a minute to midnight on Saturday would be good Carol...
Old 29 Sep 2021, 08:49 (Ref:4076242)   #4
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Being my local circuit I've not missed an Autumn Classic meeting and so looking forward to this one. A couple of thin grids but there are plenty of decent ones too.
Forecast isn't looking great but this meeting only does unseasonably warm or monsoon.

Are you attending Mr T ?
Old 29 Sep 2021, 12:14 (Ref:4076273)   #5
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was really looking forward to this having been to most of the previous years but now awaiting the results of a covid test after my wife proved positive so it's not looking very promising.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 12:30 (Ref:4076278)   #6
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I was really looking forward to this having been to most of the previous years but now awaiting the results of a covid test after my wife proved positive so it's not looking very promising.
What a shame. It's my first since 2017 for various reasons, as per Belmondo if it remains dry enough I'll pop some happy snappies up here as well.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 12:48 (Ref:4076283)   #7
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
What a shame. It's my first since 2017 for various reasons, as per Belmondo if it remains dry enough I'll pop some happy snappies up here as well.
You can get some cracking images in wet conditions, whimps!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9634.JPG  
Old 29 Sep 2021, 12:52 (Ref:4076285)   #8
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
You can get some cracking images in wet conditions, whimps!
I'll hold your umbrella !
Old 29 Sep 2021, 12:56 (Ref:4076287)   #9
Belmondo
Racer

Ah, but you come from a time when men were men Bob. The rain might mess up my hairdo.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 19:12 (Ref:4076704)   #10
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dreadful weather but plenty of skillful driving.
Lucky we were parked at Tower and so watched the races from the comfort of the car.
Old 3 Oct 2021, 19:32 (Ref:4076852)   #11
alc59
Rookie

alc59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some splendid cars, splendid driving and racing on display up at Quarry, very enjoyable provided you could deal with the weather.

It would be good if they could find an earlier weekend, but I imagine it's difficult to find alternative weekends that fit both the CC calendar and the wider classic car event calendar.
Old 3 Oct 2021, 19:56 (Ref:4076856)   #12
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alc59 View Post
Some splendid cars, splendid driving and racing on display up at Quarry, very enjoyable provided you could deal with the weather.

It would be good if they could find an earlier weekend, but I imagine it's difficult to find alternative weekends that fit both the CC calendar and the wider classic car event calendar.
Afraid I wimped out again for the second year in a row. Really disappointing -it seems like the weather has a special vendetta against Castle Combe. Surprised how entertaining the TSL screen and commentary from Marcus Pye could be.

Fingers crossed for next year
Old 4 Oct 2021, 09:46 (Ref:4076907)   #13
Sprite
Rookie

Sprite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if anyone took a picture of car 54 in the VSCC ODM race a blue Riley Sprite, you wouldn't have needed a fast shutter speed. If it is a front or rear view the reg number is BCR 810. Many thanks.
Old 7 Oct 2021, 10:49 (Ref:4077323)   #14
Belmondo
Racer

Sprite, I missed your car unfortunately. I took a few shots of the pre-war qualifying, which I'll attempt to stick up here later. I put the camera away after lunch for fear of water in the works.
Old 7 Oct 2021, 12:16 (Ref:4077333)   #15
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Understand the Talbot Largo went very well in Pre War race
Not bad in drivers first proper season
Old 7 Oct 2021, 13:41 (Ref:4077349)   #16
Belmondo
Racer

pichost
Old 8 Oct 2021, 06:34 (Ref:4077428)   #17
Belmondo
Racer

500cc F3s:

Old 9 Oct 2021, 10:25 (Ref:4077592)   #18
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Being my local circuit I've not missed an Autumn Classic meeting and so looking forward to this one. A couple of thin grids but there are plenty of decent ones too.
Forecast isn't looking great but this meeting only does unseasonably warm or monsoon.

Are you attending Mr T ?
Sorry, John, seemed not to have been on here for over a week (!) , but 'yes, I was there and it was, of course, wet .... again. Sorry, we didn't meet up but thought FISCAR put on a good show although our numbers were a bit down. I'll stick some photos up at some stage!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!