Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 14 Nov 2020, 14:25 (Ref:4016550)   #151
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Move one GTD from Audi to Porsche

EBM teaming up with Hardpoint to field a 911 GT3R in GTD for 2021. Hardpoint owner Rob Ferriol will codrive.
It's probably too obvious, but since you did not state: the other driver is Earl Bamber himself.
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/b...entry-in-2021/

The same article above speculate Vanthoor will also move to GTD, he's liked to a Pfaff-programme.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 22:54 (Ref:4017122)   #152
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like the 2020 Sebring 12 hours is NOT the last race in IMSA for the Porsche 911 RSR thanks to Dempsey-Proton team.

https://racer.com/2020/11/15/porsche...-proton-squad/
Old 15 Nov 2020, 23:14 (Ref:4017130)   #153
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Looks like the 2020 Sebring 12 hours is NOT the last race in IMSA for the Porsche 911 RSR thanks to Dempsey-Proton team.

https://racer.com/2020/11/15/porsche...-proton-squad/
They may just as well only be used for their WEC and LMS programme
Old 16 Nov 2020, 14:13 (Ref:4017265)   #154
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Another zombie car making an appearance at Daytona:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/1...ri-in-wec.html

And SC365 reporting Tandy to replace Gavin.

With 2021 looking like a lame duck year, I'm hopeful that 2022 rule changes bring new entries and more variety.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 15:33 (Ref:4017276)   #155
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
A not entirely new not entirely unexpected additional 2021 DPi entry:
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/1...confirmed.html
Good to see after the Penske pullout. I don't really see WTR running the Acura as growth, just "damage control" for the class. This announcement at least moves us closer to maintaining 2020 class car count levels. Now if we could get that privateer Mazda...
Old 16 Nov 2020, 17:51 (Ref:4017302)   #156
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
It's great to see Ganassi back. But just 6 DPi entries...
Old 16 Nov 2020, 18:16 (Ref:4017307)   #157
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
It's great to see Ganassi back. But just 6 DPi entries...

actually 5 + the 2 JDC cars if they will stick with a two cars effort next year
Old 16 Nov 2020, 20:03 (Ref:4017320)   #158
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
actually 5 + the 2 JDC cars if they will stick with a two cars effort next year
Yes I estimate 7 right now. 8 for Daytona with a 2nd Action Express.

Speculation about pro classes now:

#85 Cadillac JDC
#5 Cadillac JDC
#31 Cadillac AEX
#10 Acura WTR
#60 Acura MSR
#55 Mazda Mult
Cadillac Ganassi (number I bet might be #01, #1, or #67?)
2nd AEX Cadillac for Daytona (J Johnson, C Elliott, etc)

#3 Corvette
#4 Corvette
#25 BMW
#24 BMW
#63 Ferrari W-tech
#62 Ferrari Risi (daytona)
#77 Porsche Proton (daytona)
Old 16 Nov 2020, 20:49 (Ref:4017327)   #159
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as far I know, JDC hasn't confirmed 2021 program yet since they need paying drivers for #85 and for #5 it's all about if mustang sampling will keep on funding the car after barbosa drop.
About GTLM, bmw at first was going to field M8 only for NAEC races, some days ago I've read they will be for sure only at daytona for now. Time will tell.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 22:00 (Ref:4017333)   #160
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
as far I know, JDC hasn't confirmed 2021 program yet since they need paying drivers for #85 and for #5 it's all about if mustang sampling will keep on funding the car after barbosa drop.
About GTLM, bmw at first was going to field M8 only for NAEC races, some days ago I've read they will be for sure only at daytona for now. Time will tell.
That would stink the M8 would be in line for some more wins next year for sure. I just don't believe that they WON'T be full time until it is confirmed. Despite the speculation.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 14:06 (Ref:4017455)   #161
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
They have said they are good to go with a single car and are trying to find sponsors/drivers for the second. I'd count them as a single car entry for now.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 14:48 (Ref:4017464)   #162
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mustang Sampling said they were back for 2021 on the car and the Barbosa departure was not them leaving the team.

BMW notoriously signs one year deals with teams to run the cars so we'll see what their announcement with RLL brings, usually right around mid-December to the New Year. Think it is usually around the BMW Racing awards time but with this year, who knows. I would expect limited appearances at best and resources shifted to a GTD campaign using the factory supported GTD debut season allowance in 2022. Possibly with a Petit debut allowance, but I would view that more as a treat if is occurred than a likely scenario. Does RLL get preferred customer treatment or does BMW go with Turner for a supported debut of the new car? Could be interesting.

Expect a couple NSX and possibly teams moving from other GTDs to the NSX with Hardpoint already taking the last Audi out. Last I heard on RLM and have seen hinted was 2 full season, likely a couple Sprint and possibly an enduro NSX. But when a car wins and is usually toward the front teams pick up the chassis, look at the GTD numbers over the years.

If you need a Bronze for your LMP3 effort, "Hi to my family at home" just got down graded from Silver to Bronze for 2021.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 17:45 (Ref:4017496)   #163
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Let's hope something is sorted. The Barbosa departure could leave them in limbo.

I do hope the Beemer is back, let's hope RLL have a good deal with them. I am sure BMW are keen to continue, it brings them good publicity, so why not? Maybe not a full season campaign, but certainly enough to see if they are still interested in the championship. A part time campaign could be very useful, especially at this current time with the series future looking a bit uncertain. Either way they could do a lot worse than go with RLL, we'll see what's announced

Really it's gonna be interesting to see what cars the teams go with next year, although it might not look too different from last year. If we see the NSX, then it might encourage others to join in the future, but let's not count our chickens yet. I'm sure the racing will still be exciting though.

Here's to a great 2021 and hopefully we can get through another tough season
Old 17 Nov 2020, 22:51 (Ref:4017571)   #164
WyldStallion
Veteran

Could also see BMW say they will have R.L.L run the M8 at Daytona and Sebring and just defer any decision on what to do for the rest of 2021 until March. The California swing is in mid April so you go until then to start getting plans ready for that. But yeah I guess we'll have to wait a few weeks from the day I am typing this to see what they decide initially at least.
Old 18 Nov 2020, 15:18 (Ref:4017699)   #165
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The 5 JDC Caddy will return with Mustang Sampling on the car for 2021, Duval and Vautier at the wheel. They are hopeful of Bourdais as the 3rd for the enduros but not confirmed.

The 85 sounds like it's not going to happen for 2021, I would guess it will lose out the cheaper customer costs of running an LMP3 in select events. They are returning to the Prototype Challenge and running at least one Audi TCR car as well.
Old 18 Nov 2020, 17:30 (Ref:4017732)   #166
WyldStallion
Veteran

Sporting Regs is out. No code 60 :-(

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/2...ions-released/

Something I noticed in the document that S365 did not mention. Go to page 94. Section 43.3 Race will start in order of classes DPI. LMP2, LMP3, GTLM, GTD....so yeah....the Corvette C8Rs I think have a very very good chance to out qualify LMP3 cars with bronze drivers. They should not start behind them. Need to reverse LMP3 and GTLM.
Old 18 Nov 2020, 18:26 (Ref:4017739)   #167
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
it's always been that way for IMSA, even when the LMP2 guys haven't been able to stay ahead of GTLM. It's not every track but the AMs qualifying has made it happen a couple times. And they were still lined up before GTLMs. The pro drivers will just have to be professional and get around them.
Old 18 Nov 2020, 20:27 (Ref:4017757)   #168
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Meyer Shank's Acura DPi will feature Dane Cameron and Olivier Pla as full-time drivers, and AJ Allmendinger as third driver.
Old 18 Nov 2020, 20:37 (Ref:4017758)   #169
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
JDC-Miller is believed to have a single full-time DPi entry with Loïc Duval and Tristan Vautier.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/d...th-jdc-miller/
Old 18 Nov 2020, 21:42 (Ref:4017769)   #170
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Meyer Shank's Acura DPi will feature Dane Cameron and Olivier Pla as full-time drivers, and AJ Allmendinger as third driver.
Technically I think AJ would be considered the 4th driver. He is running Daytona only and they would need the 3rd driver for Sebring, Watkins Glen and Petit.
Old 20 Nov 2020, 14:22 (Ref:4018037)   #171
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well that answers the sourcing question.

Ganassi bought the Juncos Caddy to be ready for 2021. Wonder if a spare is on order from Dallara as well?

https://racer.com/2020/11/19/juncos-...pi-to-ganassi/
Old 20 Nov 2020, 18:31 (Ref:4018068)   #172
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well that answers the sourcing question.

Ganassi bought the Juncos Caddy to be ready for 2021. Wonder if a spare is on order from Dallara as well?

https://racer.com/2020/11/19/juncos-...pi-to-ganassi/
I was thinking about that a few days ago, wasn't sure if they got a chassis from WTR or what.

Also, in Daytona entry news: High Class Racing is planning an entry:

https://racer.com/2020/11/20/high-cl...olex-24-entry/
Old 20 Nov 2020, 20:00 (Ref:4018081)   #173
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Wayne supposedly sold his car to a collector friend. Think someone had asked and not a historic racer, just collector of old racers.
Old 20 Nov 2020, 21:18 (Ref:4018088)   #174
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
One of the rumored chassis swaps has been announced. Magnus to continue in GTD but with an NSX and Archangel. It's a new build car, the MSR cars will be a spare for Gradient and the replacement for Compass GTD Sprint McLaren.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/1...l-in-2021.html
Old 20 Nov 2020, 22:43 (Ref:4018097)   #175
WyldStallion
Veteran

What I don't hear at this point is any appearance of an Audi or a McLaren in GTD right now. I loved that we had 10 manufacturers in the GTD in 2020. The only main one missing globally was Bentley.