Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Nov 2002, 08:28 (Ref:419136)   #1
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MG Update

MG have not ruled out the 2003 Le Mans 24hr. They are in discussion with a team to run the factory cars next year.
They will have support from the Factory, and they have been talking since this years Le Mans to get a deal sorted out.

Come on get the MG's out for the boys

The only things Audi were scared of.
Old 1 Nov 2002, 14:46 (Ref:419414)   #2
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: MG Update

Quote:
Originally posted by egor
The only things Audi were scared of.
...because they kept getting in the way
Sounds like another hastily put together one race, no testing season for the MG team. I have a feeling the Dyson MGs may wipe the floor with the works cars.
Old 1 Nov 2002, 15:11 (Ref:419442)   #3
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
...unless Dyson runs the factory MGs? (Maybe they could poach Andy Wallace and get another Brit to go with James, as their flag-bearers)

I'm wondering about AER's support, and if that translates into "factory" status.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 1 Nov 2002, 18:09 (Ref:419633)   #4
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
The team is RML (Ray Mallock). Apparently this is a go.
Old 1 Nov 2002, 18:16 (Ref:419637)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I also think that Chamberlain will be in the running as Uncle Hugh and the boys have done a good job over the last 2 years.
Old 1 Nov 2002, 18:33 (Ref:419656)   #6
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
...unless Dyson runs the factory MGs?
Then why did they buy two of them just now?
Quote:
(Maybe they could poach Andy Wallace and get another Brit to go with James, as their flag-bearers)
They'd be bearing the wrong flag, though - Dyson is as American a team as they get.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rdjones
Quote:
I also think that Chamberlain will be in the running as Uncle Hugh and the boys have done a good job over the last 2 years.
Chamberlain ran the Dome this year, the MGs were run by CMS which Hugh at the time wasn't linked with anymore - no?
Old 1 Nov 2002, 18:39 (Ref:419665)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
Chamberlain ran the Dome this year, the MGs were run by CMS which Hugh at the time wasn't linked with anymore - no?
I think so, but I saw Hugh walking up and down pit lane wearing a MG shirt........
Old 1 Nov 2002, 18:49 (Ref:419672)   #8
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I think so, but I saw Hugh walking up and down pit lane wearing a MG shirt........
He sure was, and I have never understood what that was all about... :confused:
Old 1 Nov 2002, 20:43 (Ref:419767)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Hugh resigned from Chamberlain Motorsport due to a few disagreements and formed a new company - CMS - who were then asked to run the MG works cars. Simple really. hmmm...
Old 1 Nov 2002, 22:46 (Ref:419868)   #10
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
Hugh resigned from Chamberlain Motorsport due to a few disagreements and formed a new company - CMS - who were then asked to run the MG works cars. Simple really. hmmm...
Erm, wasn't it more like "Hugh Chamberlain leaves the company, his partner Mr. Cunningham takes over and renames it CMS, Hugh runs the Kondo Dome at Le Mans, CMS the works MGs, and all of a sudden Hugh appears in MG gear"?
Old 2 Nov 2002, 16:52 (Ref:420247)   #11
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
where does atomic kitten come into all this?
Old 2 Nov 2002, 17:20 (Ref:420258)   #12
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
...you mean you haven't heard??
Old 2 Nov 2002, 17:23 (Ref:420261)   #13
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
[Originally posted by cybersdorf [/i]
Erm, wasn't it more like "Hugh Chamberlain leaves the company, his partner Mr. Cunningham takes over and renames it CMS, Hugh runs the Kondo Dome at Le Mans, CMS the works MGs, and all of a sudden Hugh appears in MG gear"?
I think MG wanted Uncle Hugh to run the cars and as CMS had a 2 year contract, so CMS hired him to oversee the project.........

Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
The sponser the Semi-works BTCC team.......
Old 3 Nov 2002, 01:23 (Ref:420485)   #14
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Meanwhile, it looks like the XPower SV may eventually end up in N-GT competition.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 09:02 (Ref:421238)   #15
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
XPower are looking for a team to run the SV next year.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 13:38 (Ref:421388)   #16
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have see elsewhere on that Dave Price is involved in the running of the MGs. does anyone know more?
IMHO he would be a good choice to run the LMP675 next year, few people have more experiance than him.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 14:37 (Ref:421437)   #17
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
Dave Price would be top of my list if I was MG, but RML have done a very good job with the Salean.

Quote:
Sounds like another hastily put together one race, no testing season for the MG team.
They had a good build up this year with a 24hr test at Spa, with no major problems, not quite the same as Le Mans but they did test.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 20:53 (Ref:421705)   #18
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
IMO I think we will see a couple of private EX-257 in 675 and a couple of work SV's in LMP-GTO.