Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Oct 2005, 10:41 (Ref:1436867)   #1
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA GT Rnd 9: Zhuhai 21-23 Oct 2005

Entrylist online on the Fia gt website (link). Remarkable: smallest number of GT1 and the biggest number of GT2 cars so far this season.
Old 18 Oct 2005, 11:55 (Ref:1436906)   #2
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And the addition of duel Australian Nations Cup Champion Paul Stokell in the Lotus Exige 300RR.

Hopefully a good outing for the car and drivers.
Old 18 Oct 2005, 12:32 (Ref:1436929)   #3
AdrianG
Racer

AdrianG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Dad built his Go-kart motors here in tassie back in the day, so I know Paul, top fella hope he does well.
Old 18 Oct 2005, 13:04 (Ref:1436947)   #4
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like one of the biggest varieties of cars we've seen all year. Shame just a single 550 and 575. Will be very interesting to see how Lotus and Spyker get on.

*little note* haha I accidentally wrote Zytek instead of Spyker at first... oooh what a bodge up that would have been!!
Old 18 Oct 2005, 13:16 (Ref:1436954)   #5
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The presence of the Aston, Spyker, Vertigo and Lotus is a good substitute imho
Old 18 Oct 2005, 14:48 (Ref:1437009)   #6
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and Vanina!!!
Old 18 Oct 2005, 15:00 (Ref:1437019)   #7
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
isn't that an ice cream flavour? Actually I reckon a few peeps on here could think of numerous activities involving her and vanilla ice cream in the heat of Zhuhai lol
Old 18 Oct 2005, 23:05 (Ref:1437418)   #8
Trulli-truly
Rookie

Trulli-truly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This should be an interesting race, though being a huge GT2 fan, and knowing the drivers and manufacturers championship are all but over it does detract my interest only slightly. I was hoping that Team LNT might bring the Panoz Esperante to challenge the Porsche teams. I guess the battle will be within the Porsche teams, with only one 360 Modena and one Spyker in the field. I never get to see any of the races, but FIA GT series is my favorite. Well, lets hope the racing is good.
Old 19 Oct 2005, 15:06 (Ref:1438027)   #9
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Unless I'm mistaken, isn't it the case that LNT aren't using the Panoz until '06? Or just delaying it's appearance? Still, shame they didn't bring their TVR's along just for one last knockabout!

I'll certainly miss the TVR's in GT racing - anybody know if there are plans for the cars to be sold to other teams for further development, and use in either FIA GT or LMES? I think there was one mention somewhere of the Sagaris for GT3, but it's the GT2 cars I'm interested in!
Old 19 Oct 2005, 20:46 (Ref:1438370)   #10
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Unless I'm mistaken, isn't it the case that LNT aren't using the Panoz until '06? Or just delaying it's appearance? Still, shame they didn't bring their TVR's along just for one last knockabout!
No, you are quite correct in saying that the Panoz race debut will be Sebring 06. They'll just be continuing the testing program they've begun until then.

The TVRs are going to Istanbul, so it's understandable they don't want to send them to Zhuhai. They'd have to prepare the other two chassis (one of which I gather is back in its widebody form for a museum), or the logistics are impossible.

There's a reason why Cirtek/RAR are sending the Aston to China and the 550 to Turkey, and why Spyker sent a different chassis to each place. The timing doesn't work out otherwise.
Old 20 Oct 2005, 06:24 (Ref:1438579)   #11
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Lotus Exige will be running on Michelins after their Yokohamas did not arrive due to logistic problems.

The Aston looks gorgeous even in blue. It looks like a cracking race this weekend.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 04:22 (Ref:1439328)   #12
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Free Practice 1 Results

Aston in early trouble, the Lotus didnt even hit the track! BUT- top five are all different makes and the Maserati is 5th! Konrad up to 3rd late in the session.. things are possibly looking good for the race! We may not see a Maserati domination!
Old 21 Oct 2005, 04:55 (Ref:1439334)   #13
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
The Lotus only got its engines last night and have not got their scrutineering papers. Not even sure how much additional weight they have to carry. But they should be able to run in the afternoon.

The Aston has gearbox problems but it should be fixed.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 05:38 (Ref:1439369)   #14
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
isn't that an ice cream flavour? Actually I reckon a few peeps on here could think of numerous activities involving her and vanilla ice cream in the heat of Zhuhai lol
That thought crossed my mind at Le Mans too !!!
Old 21 Oct 2005, 07:15 (Ref:1439426)   #15
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
The Aston is fastest right now ahead of Larbre and GPC. The Lotus is on track now, too.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 08:47 (Ref:1439482)   #16
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Why did GLPK not do any laps turing the 2nd session?
Old 21 Oct 2005, 10:14 (Ref:1439540)   #17
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
That thought crossed my mind at Le Mans too !!!
No wonder both you and ThenewBob are "veterans" hahahahahahahah
Old 21 Oct 2005, 11:17 (Ref:1439625)   #18
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
Why did GLPK not do any laps turing the 2nd session?
According to pitstop.tv they were out of tyres
Old 21 Oct 2005, 11:25 (Ref:1439631)   #19
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
No wonder both you and ThenewBob are "veterans" hahahahahahahah
It takes more than ice cream to make a veteran out of somebody ..... aint that right thenewbob ?
Old 21 Oct 2005, 12:54 (Ref:1439739)   #20
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if eurosport will show the race live on their website and if so, at what time will it be?
Old 21 Oct 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1439879)   #21
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19dodge
Aston in early trouble, the Lotus didnt even hit the track! BUT- top five are all different makes and the Maserati is 5th! Konrad up to 3rd late in the session.. things are possibly looking good for the race! We may not see a Maserati domination!
That´s what was expected after the changes of the GT bureau. Looks like this way of "managed racign" works well
Old 21 Oct 2005, 15:44 (Ref:1439930)   #22
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
lol yeah I guess... because they make ice cream toppings too y'know lol... although when it's hot, steer clear of syrup it's just messy
Old 21 Oct 2005, 19:29 (Ref:1440077)   #23
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Poor Phillip Peter, now instead of being saddled with uncompetitive codrivers, he's out of a race. It's too bad he can't be slotted into #15, but I suppose that'd comprimise strategy and in turn Wendlinger/Bertolini's championship aspirations.

Expected strong performance from Bouchut in an Aston, and the Larbre car is also well and truly up there. Nice runs from Saleen and GPC too. Not really surprising given the adjustments to the Masers, but both the GPC 575 and the Aston have a bit of excess weight added too. Hopefully all this meddling will be compensated for with some great racing.

As for GT2, the usual GruppeM domination continues. Decent performance from GPC though, given the lineup and the fact that (judging from one photo of the rear wing) the car isn't actually a GTC unless it's in ACO trim. That wouldn't really surprise me, I don't know for sure but from what I've seen over the last two years they have 1 GTC and some older cars which keep on popping up on entry lists as GTCs! Spyker and Noble are a little ways off where I expected them to be, but there's still a nice fight for 3rd to be had. Pity that Kenny Chen's "works" cars are going to run off and hide.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1440085)   #24
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why was Peter kicked out? And the GPC car is a GTC in ACO trim indeed.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1440093)   #25
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
Why was Peter kicked out? And the GPC car is a GTC in ACO trim indeed.
I don't think he was "kicked out" per se, I'm just imagining that the budgets that were put together from the paying drivers necessitated the change. It doesn't seem like any one of them brought along their own pro, so I'm assuming that the sum of the 2 paying drivers wasn't sufficient so they needed 3. Red Bull money is still on the car, it seems.

For the interested who don't wanna go looking, the #16 lineup is Christophe Pillon, Luca Pirri and Marcello Zani.