Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 1 May 2006, 15:46 (Ref:1598817)   #1
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aaron's 499

Race coverage starting soon.... this will be the first race I've seen at Talladega

Who will win?

Will we see 'the big one'?

Will we race?? (yet to look at any weather forecasts)

What is 'Aaron's'???

#49 DNQ again - will they bring Spencer back in at some stage?
#32 26th - luck? or are things turning around (Harvick, Burton, Sorenson Green, qualified bad just because of wind, all used provisionals)

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 2 May 2006, 01:25 (Ref:1599079)   #2
Racer

Antarctica
FL
2112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr69
Race coverage starting soon.... this will be the first race I've seen at Talladega

Who will win?
Jimmie Johnson

Will we see 'the big one'?
a few smaller ones

Will we race?? (yet to look at any weather forecasts)
yes

What is 'Aaron's'???
A rent to own store

#49 DNQ again - will they bring Spencer back in at some stage?
#32 26th - luck? or are things turning around (Harvick, Burton, Sorenson Green, qualified bad just because of wind, all used provisionals)
Old 2 May 2006, 08:07 (Ref:1599170)   #3
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd say the #32 had a lot of luck yesterday, especially when avoiding that second crash - could've been a rather nasty impact there.

All in all a good race, and we're now two-for-two when it comes to restrictor plate races without the Big One this year. When the circus returns to Daytona in about two months we'll see if the trend continues.
Old 2 May 2006, 16:02 (Ref:1599431)   #4
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel sorry for Dale Jr. since it was the big day to honor his father and he ended up out of the top-30. If I was him I think I'd try to find the fastest way to drive for Childress or someone else...

J.D.
Old 3 May 2006, 09:50 (Ref:1599926)   #5
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was a pretty good race, I was on the edge of my seat for the last 10 or 20 laps

I was suprised Carl Edwards got the Lucky Dog after tangling with Dale Jr, when a car involved in the yellow was 1st car a lap down then no-one gets the lucky dog is that right? (no matter who is at fault) Carl got in a few incidents in that race.. Biffle out again, funny how DW eluded that they could have leaned it out a bit after running out of fuel last week.

The last few laps where great, I was suprised Vickers blocked his Hendrick teammates like that on the 2nd last lap, well run races for those three. Stewart did well too, just hung back till the last 20 or 30 laps and just shot to the front.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 8 May 2006, 12:00 (Ref:1603271)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Just back from visiting this meeting (only my second ever Nascar race) and what a cool couple of days! The disappointment of the Sunday seemed somehow to add to the excitement of the rescheduled race on Monday morning. Superb.