Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Nov 2004, 07:27 (Ref:1147193)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
8 clubs race

Ten Tenther JEB organised a 8 Club great race as part of the Walter Hayes Meeting, its a pity there werent more historics but we had a lot of good racing (2 races).Unfortunately a spin in the second race avoiding a locked up BMW put me to the back of the field but I clawed my way back to my starting position!
Thanks James for a great time and look forward to the other "one offs" you have up your sleeve for next year!
Old 8 Nov 2004, 09:35 (Ref:1147276)   #2
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Simon, it was nice to see the numbers on the side this week. We all knew it was you.
Old 8 Nov 2004, 10:08 (Ref:1147309)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
the Chief steward and I "had words" during qualies which resulted in me making a quick visit to Trident and find some numbers!!
The racing was great fun and good clean competition. This is always a danger when racing with people you havent before (especially when they are on modern tyres and you are on Dunlop M's!)
Old 10 Nov 2004, 21:30 (Ref:1149840)   #4
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Happy Snapper's pictures of the WHT weekend including some of 8 Clubs and BRDC historics can be found at

http://www.gtphotosport.com/WHT04/index.html

Some of the 8 Club's ones are odd - there are cars sharing the same piece of track that really shouldn't be together!!
Old 10 Nov 2004, 23:03 (Ref:1149904)   #5
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great race, Whoever was driving the Riley seemed to be enjoying himself, despite being out powered.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 07:33 (Ref:1150069)   #6
simon drabble
Veteran

there were many cars of varying power and it is a credit to all that there were no contacts that I am aware of. This was my biggest fear before the race but I felt very comfortable and thought it was very clean racing - it did make a strange grid I admit!