Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 Jul 2018, 20:45 (Ref:3835550)   #51
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
That was a phenomenal pass by Ricky Taylor around the outside.
Was it all him though? Or did Taylor let off thinking there was a yellow? Seems odd seeing how fast he got around him on the outside.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 20:48 (Ref:3835552)   #52
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Was it all him though? Or did Taylor let off thinking there was a yellow? Seems odd seeing how fast he got around him on the outside.
You're thinking of Braun's overtake on Jordan Taylor (also amazing, from the footage they were both going all out until Braun lifted off at the start line). But Ricky Taylor's pass on the restart was even better.

Last edited by J Jay; 8 Jul 2018 at 20:55.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 20:52 (Ref:3835553)   #53
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Ricky Taylor was passing the Mazda. The curse of two Taylors!

Brauns pass was all Braun. Jordan Taylor didn't slow down thinking there was a yellow as he repassed when Braun slowed, not knowing the yellow was out.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 22:56 (Ref:3835572)   #54
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Ricky Taylor was passing the Mazda. The curse of two Taylors!

Brauns pass was all Braun. Jordan Taylor didn't slow down thinking there was a yellow as he repassed when Braun slowed, not knowing the yellow was out.
I thought he slowed prematurely and realized it wasn't a yellow there and overtook Braun back after realizing it. He looked super slow there for Braun to just overtake him on the outside like that. Mattters not anyway, good win for the CORE team!

Last edited by TF110; 8 Jul 2018 at 23:02.
Old 9 Jul 2018, 02:40 (Ref:3835592)   #55
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just finished watching the race on delay, and I feel like I have no idea what happened. The number of passes that were missed was truly amazing, and I felt like the fox guys weren't sure what was going on either. I was watching the position scroll at the top and it was jumping all over the place. Soon after the announcers said don't look at that it is wrong. Wtf? It seemed to stay wrong for a lot of the race too. I'm not sure I saw a pad by the 54 on track, they would all the sudden be a couple places up and there was no explanation. The broadcast still never said for sure what the timing of the pass for the lead was in relation to the yellow. They thought Braun passed under yellow and gave the position back, which evidently want the case.

Also felt like the imsa team dictated the yellow around the Ford with about 25 minutes left. Could have thrown the yellow at any point, but waited till the Ford was in the pits....

Mosport is still amazing and I enjoyed parts of this race, but the tv production was crap. It was like they tried to give all classes equal time and showed all the cars no matter what the active battle was. Perhaps I would have enjoyed it more with the live radio and timing.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 19:38 (Ref:3835949)   #56
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I quite enjoyed that, but agree the coverage was down to its usual lame standard. Incidents happen in the background, clearly visible on the TV coverage - and they don't notice.

TBH this also happened in the F1 race earlier in the day, so maybe it's a problem that is epidemic among motorsport commentators.

Based on what others have said about the streaming, I'm glad I watched the TV broadcast instead. And even more glad I watched it on PVR so I could skip over the gawdawful commercials that Fox Sports Racing insists on showing in Canada.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 19:57 (Ref:3835953)   #57
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It was like they tried to give all classes equal time and showed all the cars no matter what the active battle was. Perhaps I would have enjoyed it more with the live radio and timing.
it’s the NASCAR way.

No joke, no bias … NASACR gives every driver, team, and sponsor some screen time—because there really isn’t much else going on for much of the race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
Incidents happen in the background, clearly visible on the TV coverage - and they don't notice.
Yup. Most announcers, you’d think, would cut off an interview (filler) to show on-track action which might determine the outcome of the race (Not filler.) Not IMSA. IMSA will finish the interview … and then not even get back to what happened on track.

Same is it was with ALMS … the race is the smallest and least important part of “race coverage.” Interviews, infomercials, face-time for stakeholders … and anything which can be broadcast by anyone who has the money to buy cheap airtime … and when the director just cannot find Anything else to broadcast … well, okay, run some racing … but not too much. And always be ready to cut away, because if something happens on track, we want to be showing some backmarker.
Old 11 Jul 2018, 13:24 (Ref:3836071)   #58
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
1. Got to watch the race via youtube when it was posted yesterday. I'm used to hiding from spoilers for 2 days now. My feeling was that this was the least entertaining race of the year.

2. Way too many full course yellows. We must have virtual safety car for stalled cars and debris situations. Beau and company were too yellow happy this time.

3. Tough to analyze the GT races because we barely saw them. The coverage was extremely skewed to the prototypes. Not even close.

4. It appears though that Corvette and Porsche were the fastest and probably should have battled for the win. But Ford's good fuel mileage really paid off this time with all of the ill-timed caution periods. The Ford had enough speed to stay ahead once they did. BMW at least was more competitive this time.

5. Great to see Mercedes win. I thought Lexus would pick them at the end but Jerome had the pace amazing enough. Thought the Merc would get dusted on the backstretch. Did not happen. Glad to see the Magnus Audi do well too.

6. Shocked to see the Wright Porsche so bad this year. Maybe 2019 with the new car 911 GT 3 R model I guess.

7. I thought Penske Acura would have more than 1 win at this point. Can't pin point it to one thing either. Each race its something different. In this one it was the penalty, plus the pace of the Braun in the #54.

8. Mazda still not really contending either. Joest has not fared much better than SpeedSource.

9. Best performance of the year the #10 WTR Caddy.

10. Can't wait for the Lime Rock race. I love the all GT rounds. We need a break from DPI vs LMP2 at this point. The all GT races have a great history of having no to few safety car periods. That could be the case again this year as long as the Wright Porsches keep it on the pavement. The fact that both Lime Rock and VIR are grass and not sand runoffs helps the cars get back going if they spin out.