Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 May 2019, 01:01 (Ref:3904989)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Niki Lauda

According to the Daily Mail Here, Niki Lauda has died

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 21 May 2019, 01:05 (Ref:3904990)   #2
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just heard the sad news on the 11.00am radio news.
R.I.P Niki.
Old 21 May 2019, 01:39 (Ref:3904992)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just saw this news. Truly, a loss to the current sport, the entire sport and this planet.

Condolences to his fam amd friends
Old 21 May 2019, 01:48 (Ref:3904993)   #4
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Very sad, a big loss for everyone. RIP Niki.
Old 21 May 2019, 01:50 (Ref:3904994)   #5
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
RIP Niki.
Old 21 May 2019, 01:57 (Ref:3904995)   #6
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Niki
Old 21 May 2019, 02:03 (Ref:3904998)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sad news.

He was such a player in our sport. A great man, super quick, intelligent and inspirational. Always entertaining from driving quickly to swearing too much in the paddock. In the early days he just was a quick racing driver, then his accident and will power inspired, he had a career outside motorsport and contributed to several teams in the later years.
Old 21 May 2019, 02:03 (Ref:3904999)   #8
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just saw the terrible news. RIP Niki
Old 21 May 2019, 02:05 (Ref:3905001)   #9
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sad day. He will be remembered and missed. His health seemed to decline rapidly after the lung transplant.

Richard
Old 21 May 2019, 02:12 (Ref:3905002)   #10
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very sad.
Old 21 May 2019, 02:13 (Ref:3905003)   #11
db120176
Racer

Australia
Sydney CBD
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 1985 Australian Grand Prix was his last, and my first as viewer. I was fascinated by him during the weekend. As a kid, I thought he was so old when he retired but 6 years younger than Jacques Lafitte
Old 21 May 2019, 02:20 (Ref:3905006)   #12
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sad. Rip
Old 21 May 2019, 04:36 (Ref:3905010)   #13
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RIP Niki. Quite possibly the gutsiest sportsman the planet has ever seen.
Old 21 May 2019, 05:17 (Ref:3905011)   #14
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
R.I.P. Niki.

One very brave man, to step back into a race car after that accident.

Niki also went onto to start his own airline, and unfortunately suffered a fatal accident with a Boeing B767 when a thrust reverser deployed in flight. Niki took on Boeing and the American FAA, and proved them to be wrong in the way they went about certifying the Boeing B767 thrust reversers.
Old 21 May 2019, 06:19 (Ref:3905012)   #15
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I saw him win his last GP in zandvoort in 1985, the greatest comeback in sports has passed away, R.I.P. my childhood hero!
Old 21 May 2019, 06:48 (Ref:3905014)   #16
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
A true legend and a straight talker.His comeback after the big crash was remarkable enough,starting a successful airline is a rare achievement and winning three world titles is a very rare feat.To have done all these things in one lifetime marks one out as an exceptional human being.The gap he leaves will be noticed.
Old 21 May 2019, 07:06 (Ref:3905017)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very sad news. A real sporting icon. A brave man who was never afraid to voice his opinions (which were normally right). He will be sadly missed from both life and the pitlane. RIP.
Old 21 May 2019, 07:22 (Ref:3905021)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes a real loss to motorsport, i must admit when he was racing being english i tended to support Hunt and others but over time my respect for him grew and he was a true legend. My thoughts go out to his family.
Old 21 May 2019, 07:36 (Ref:3905024)   #19
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A great Champion and truly inspirational. RIP Niki
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 21 May 2019, 08:13 (Ref:3905026)   #20
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I remember him on TV, winning the GP of Monaco in 1975. I was 12.
It's a shock.
Old 21 May 2019, 08:22 (Ref:3905027)   #21
Broadclystboy
Rookie

Broadclystboy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBroadclystboy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Originally not the most popular driver with UK fans - think British GPs 1974 and 1976. But his integrity, driving skills, determination and (not least) sense of humour won us all over. He will be sorely missed - including his amazingly candid comments on Martin Brundle's grid walks!
Old 21 May 2019, 08:34 (Ref:3905029)   #22
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Obviously a big inspiration to a lot of people with his comeback after the big accident.
When I heard it on the radio this morning not only was I was saddened but I forgot that he was 2 years younger than me. RIP Niki
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 May 2019, 09:21 (Ref:3905032)   #23
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
LEGEND.
He was a hero in the truest sense.
R.I.P.
Old 21 May 2019, 09:37 (Ref:3905036)   #24
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Niki, without doubt the bravest of the brave.
Old 21 May 2019, 09:45 (Ref:3905039)   #25
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was truly saddened, having been a huge fan of his from when he first got into F1. I remember well his comeback from the fire.

I will miss his direct and humorous comments. A truly inspirational and very brave man.

Thanks Niki for all the wonderful memories. He will always be remembered in motorsport history

RIP Niki Lauda.
James will be waiting for you at the Pearly Gates.